Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I got a psvsd unit from Ali Express and I found out I needed o connect the SD bay to ground for it to detect the SD card.

I tested and soldered to ground and it seems to recognise the card, but I get stuck in Molecule boot logo.

If I pres l+r I manage to go to the system but it's mounting the official memory card, after rebooting through Autoplugin, it works, and I can proper navigate the SD card through Molecular Shell, but after rebooting normally, it gets stuck again.

Could this be a software issue now, or probably still hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a psvsd unit from Ali Express and I found out I needed o connect the SD bay to ground for it to detect the SD card.

I tested and soldered to ground and it seems to recognise the card, but I get stuck in Molecule boot logo.

If I pres l+r I manage to go to the system but it's mounting the official memory card, after rebooting through Autoplugin, it works, and I can proper navigate the SD card through Molecular Shell, but after rebooting normally, it gets stuck again.

Could this be a software issue now, or probably still hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Better off getting SD2Vita

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually Yifan Liu removed the seller from China that was selling the PSVSD on his webpage, due to poor quality. It is pretty common for stuffs to be mass produced and not work when you buy it from Ali Express because these PSVSD are not tested, the seller doesn't really care they only cared about the money. Probably have to do with bad soldering.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6x28bz/psvsd_v21_fix_for_microsd_card_detection_issue/
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48677

That's what I did.

Right now I have sd2vita as ux0 and psvsd as uma0. Psvsd is mounted well it seems and I can access its contents. I just can't boot from it when mounted as ux0 :S

InTheSpaghetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have actually a few units, but I wanted to make use of the 3G capabilities. The SD card I am using was the one in the SD2Vita.
I bought 2 of the "bootleg" psvsd and I can't get them to work even with the ground solder fix. Do you have extra PSVSDs you'd be willing to part with?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I did.

Right now I have sd2vita as ux0 and psvsd as uma0. Psvsd is mounted well it seems and I can access its contents. I just can't boot from it when mounted as ux0 :S
Oops, I should have read the whole thread before posting my first question. Which is still relevant. But this is the first I've heard the psvsd works but just can't be the boot. I will set up the SD2Vita and see if I can access the psvsd.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one arriving via modchipcentral soon, hopefully it works. I did not find out about the spheresolid one until just now. Hopefully mine is of decent quality.

edit: won’t matter, went to place an order on spheresolid just to be safe and they are sold out.

EDIT2: FML, stupid thing cost me 25$ to get here from modchipcentral, ground points are attached to the SD slot somewhere on the pcb and yet it is DOA. I sent them a message and am awaiting a response if I even get one. I will probably blast the board with a heat gun to reflow parts just because I am out of options for where to buy these adapters.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-