1. pustal

OP pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    I got a psvsd unit from Ali Express and I found out I needed o connect the SD bay to ground for it to detect the SD card.

I tested and soldered to ground and it seems to recognise the card, but I get stuck in Molecule boot logo.

If I pres l+r I manage to go to the system but it's mounting the official memory card, after rebooting through Autoplugin, it works, and I can proper navigate the SD card through Molecular Shell, but after rebooting normally, it gets stuck again.

Could this be a software issue now, or probably still hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You probably got a bootleg one, I bought one in the past from Ali Express and it didn't work, only legit one is from Spheresolid I'm afraid.

https://spheresolid.com/

Last edited by Hayato213, Jul 23, 2020
  3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Better off getting SD2Vita

4. pustal

Portugal
    I have actually a few units, but I wanted to make use of the 3G capabilities. The SD card I am using was the one in the SD2Vita.

5. DinohScene

DinohScene hail p1ngpong

Antarctica
    I can't vouch for the Spheresolid ones but I've read they're good indeed.

It's a shame yifan only made a limited run of them.
    Wonderful device.

pustal likes this.
  6. Shadow#1
    This message by Shadow#1 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jul 23, 2020, Reason: unnecessary.
    Jul 23, 2020
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Last edited by Hayato213, Jul 23, 2020
    pustal likes this.
  8. pustal

Portugal
    That's what I did.

Right now I have sd2vita as ux0 and psvsd as uma0. Psvsd is mounted well it seems and I can access its contents. I just can't boot from it when mounted as ux0 :S

9. InTheSpaghetti

Newcomer

United States
    I bought 2 of the "bootleg" psvsd and I can't get them to work even with the ground solder fix. Do you have extra PSVSDs you'd be willing to part with?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oops, I should have read the whole thread before posting my first question. Which is still relevant. But this is the first I've heard the psvsd works but just can't be the boot. I will set up the SD2Vita and see if I can access the psvsd.

10. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    I got one arriving via modchipcentral soon, hopefully it works. I did not find out about the spheresolid one until just now. Hopefully mine is of decent quality.

edit: won’t matter, went to place an order on spheresolid just to be safe and they are sold out.

EDIT2: FML, stupid thing cost me 25$ to get here from modchipcentral, ground points are attached to the SD slot somewhere on the pcb and yet it is DOA. I sent them a message and am awaiting a response if I even get one. I will probably blast the board with a heat gun to reflow parts just because I am out of options for where to buy these adapters.

Last edited by driverdis, Oct 22, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - passing, PSVSD,