ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are those, where do i get them, and how do i use them?

He means the version of your 3DS's program. It's the number shown on bottom-right corner of top screen when you enter the console's parameters.

I take it that your 3ds is fully updated and you have no way to use homebrews at the moment. To get access to homebrews (& use svdt), you'll need one of these games : Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time 3D or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Cubic Ninja (NinjHax) is "standalone" but is a very rare game that's usually overpriced on the internet,
Super Mystery Dungeon (SuperMysteryChunkHax) currently is only usable if you know a friend with an homebrew-enabled 3DS (& have a cartridge version) or have another entrypoint yourself.
Ocarina of Time 3D (OoT3DHax) is basically the same as SMD, but you also can set it uo using a powersave if you own one.

If that's the case and you don't meet one of these requirements, then you just can't do anything. Else :
  1. Download https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip & copy everything in it at the root of your console's SD card.
  2. Then go to https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases , download "asr.dat", "svdt.3dsx, "svdt.smdh", "svdt.xml" and copy those into a "svdt" folder inside the "3ds" folder at the root of your SD card.
  3. We'll see when you get there^^

Reactions: Grim Ripper

vvvvvviridian

Trophies
XP
Country
He means the version of your 3DS's program. It's the number shown on bottom-right corner of top screen when you enter the console's parameters.

I take it that your 3ds is fully updated and you have no way to use homebrews at the moment. To get access to homebrews (& use svdt), you'll need one of these games : Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time 3D or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Cubic Ninja (NinjHax) is "standalone" but is a very rare game that's usually overpriced on the internet,
Super Mystery Dungeon (SuperMysteryChunkHax) currently is only usable if you know a friend with an homebrew-enabled 3DS (& have a cartridge version) or have another entrypoint yourself.
Ocarina of Time 3D (OoT3DHax) is basically the same as SMD, but you also can set it uo using a powersave if you own one.

If that's the case and you don't meet one of these requirements, then you just can't do anything. Else :
  1. Download https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip & copy everything in it at the root of your console's SD card.
  2. Then go to https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases , download "asr.dat", "svdt.3dsx, "svdt.smdh", "svdt.xml" and copy those into a "svdt" folder inside the "3ds" folder at the root of your SD card.
  3. We'll see when you get there^^
Well darn, can't use it...

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@nic0lette @supercarotte

I assume some work will need to be done for the latest update? Anyway to do something about that special shop? :)

I dumped the files from 1.3.8 & updated PSSE with them without any problem. Once I'm done with the issue I'm currently facing I'll lay an eye on this "Limited Shop" stuff and see if that's PSSE material. :evil:

Edit: issue seems to be solved, uploaded a new commit but no release yet. I first want to see if there's something about this limited shop I can add to PSSE.
Edit 2: for some reason my latest commit misses pictures for rotom's alternate forms, my bad. It will be fixed in my next commit. Btw, latios's challenge is lame but it gives you nice rewards.

Last edited by supercarotte,
Reactions: Madridi

ax_colleen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there one for the mobile? (specifically ios). I have been happy and proud that I have won all mega stones so far, except for Blazikenite just this recently (no cheats at all). I'm kinda grieving over the loss (I focused on fixing my computer that I forgot to replay for a higher score). If possible I just wanted what I lost. I don't know if they're going to even repeat Blazikenite. If there's a good chance they're going to, then I don't mind waiting.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there one for the mobile? (specifically ios). I have been happy and proud that I have won all mega stones so far, except for Blazikenite just this recently (no cheats at all). I'm kinda grieving over the loss (I focused on fixing my computer that I forgot to replay for a higher score). If possible I just wanted what I lost. I don't know if they're going to even repeat Blazikenite. If there's a good chance they're going to, then I don't mind waiting.

No it's not. Mobile saves are synced with nintendo's serveurs sont they aren't editablr

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@supercarotte

According to your latest commit:
"Delete StreetPass tags" sets SP encounters count to 0 & deletes all your stored streetpass tags. This is because there was bug within shuffle that'd make the game crash when entering the streetpass menu."

What bug are you talking about :)

Also, "(buttons with a "/!\" symbol may behave strangely. Check message window for more informations)"

Such as?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@supercarotte

According to your latest commit:
"Delete StreetPass tags" sets SP encounters count to 0 & deletes all your stored streetpass tags. This is because there was bug within shuffle that'd make the game crash when entering the streetpass menu."

What bug are you talking about :)

Also, "(buttons with a "/!\" symbol may behave strangely. Check message window for more informations)"

Such as?

Sometimes when I'd enter thé streetpass menu the game would crash me to the home menu, and for some reason deleting streetpass tags fixed it. Though I didn't have this bug since the 1.3 release, I thought I may add the streetpass delete code in case someone needs it. KaleoOmega & suloku already did all the work and made a Python script for it, so it wasn't that difficult to do anyway^^

For now I've branded 2 cheats with the /!\ symbol because they can misbehave under certain conditions.
One is the "All stones for caught" because it'll add stones for everything that's captured, including some that should be unreleased, like aggron.
The other is "escalation battle to step 999" because idk what happens in the savefile if 2 escalations happen at the same time.
For both, this is explained in the window that appears after clicking it.

Also, though I didn't have as much time as I'd expected to research it, I didn't find much about the new limited shop. There is a trigger byte & a timestamp but I don't know how the latter is encoded (aka how to input the date you want). Not much really PSSE-exploitable, so maybe I should abandon it & release v1.3 directly ?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Sometimes when I'd enter thé streetpass menu the game would crash me to the home menu, and for some reason deleting streetpass tags fixed it. Though I didn't have this bug since the 1.3 release, I thought I may add the streetpass delete code in case someone needs it. KaleoOmega & suloku already did all the work and made a Python script for it, so it wasn't that difficult to do anyway^^

For now I've branded 2 cheats with the /!\ symbol because they can misbehave under certain conditions.
One is the "All stones for caught" because it'll add stones for everything that's captured, including some that should be unreleased, like aggron.
The other is "escalation battle to step 999" because idk what happens in the savefile if 2 escalations happen at the same time.
For both, this is explained in the window that appears after clicking it.

Also, though I didn't have as much time as I'd expected to research it, I didn't find much about the new limited shop. There is a trigger byte & a timestamp but I don't know how the latter is encoded (aka how to input the date you want). Not much really PSSE-exploitable, so maybe I should abandon it & release v1.3 directly ?
Great, thanks for the explanation. I never experienced that streetpass problem, but I'm glad to see the reset to 0 function is not a problem :)

For the "all stones for caught", I suppose there is no way to disable the ones that do not have their mega stones released (well, it's possible to hardcode the set of pokemons to give their megastones, but would have to be maintained with every game update right?)

For the 999 one, I doubt that will ever be a problem, so that's another story for another time I suppose..

What about the "escalation battle 1 button" I suppose that takes you back to stage one? But I also suppose it doesn't give you rewards again?

As for the special shop, I have a hunch that it might be exploitable through a ram hack rather than a save file hack. A friend of mine will hopefully take a look at it and I (or he) will report back if we find out anything.
Other than that, and a code clean up (if any), yeah I suppose it's ready for release. I built it earlier and there doesn't seem to be something wrong with it. I suppose there isn't a way to check if the exp values updated successfully or not either. Either way, good job :)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great, thanks for the explanation. I never experienced that streetpass problem, but I'm glad to see the reset to 0 function is not a problem :)

For the "all stones for caught", I suppose there is no way to disable the ones that do not have their mega stones released (well, it's possible to hardcode the set of pokemons to give their megastones, but would have to be maintained with every game update right?)

For the 999 one, I doubt that will ever be a problem, so that's another story for another time I suppose..

What about the "escalation battle 1 button" I suppose that takes you back to stage one? But I also suppose it doesn't give you rewards again?

As for the special shop, I have a hunch that it might be exploitable through a ram hack rather than a save file hack. A friend of mine will hopefully take a look at it and I (or he) will report back if we find out anything.
Other than that, and a code clean up (if any), yeah I suppose it's ready for release. I built it earlier and there doesn't seem to be something wrong with it. I suppose there isn't a way to check if the exp values updated successfully or not either. Either way, good job :)

Unless the length of the streetpass tags is ever changed, it shouldn't be a problem indeed.

Mega stones have the same problem as pokemons, namely there isn't just a database of "legit" ones. Maybe I could do the same trick and check the mega form type, talent & speedup count, but until it's done I guess a warning won't hurt.:D

Escalation codes shouldn't be a problem either. The 999 one should do nothing on a second escalation stage because it's probably be stored on the next offsets, and the 1 one actually changes the step value to 0 (because it's the number of stages beaten). I didn't confirm this with the latest update,but when I first discovered this it was not possible to earn rewards multiple times because there are separate flags for them elsewhere in the savefile.

Not sure I'll be able to release something related to the limited shop, yeah. I'd just want to be able to activate it from HEX editing to see if we can keep the benefits of it outside of the promo period.

Code cleanup would be nice indeed, given the mess I put in it. I try to do it but this something I suck at, so I'll justdo my best. :lol:

Just set a level to some tho other than max if you want to check experience values, and look at the remaining XP needed for next level (I posted a Google sheet were all XP values are listed when I started researching it a few pages ago).

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Unless the length of the streetpass tags is ever changed, it shouldn't be a problem indeed.

Mega stones have the same problem as pokemons, namely there isn't just a database of "legit" ones. Maybe I could do the same trick and check the mega form type, talent & speedup count, but until it's done I guess a warning won't hurt.:D

Escalation codes shouldn't be a problem either. The 999 one should do nothing on a second escalation stage because it's probably be stored on the next offsets, and the 1 one actually changes the step value to 0 (because it's the number of stages beaten). I didn't confirm this with the latest update,but when I first discovered this it was not possible to earn rewards multiple times because there are separate flags for them elsewhere in the savefile.

Not sure I'll be able to release something related to the limited shop, yeah. I'd just want to be able to activate it from HEX editing to see if we can keep the benefits of it outside of the promo period.

Code cleanup would be nice indeed, given the mess I put in it. I try to do it but this something I suck at, so I'll justdo my best. :lol:

Just set a level to some tho other than max if you want to check experience values, and look at the remaining XP needed for next level (I posted a Google sheet were all XP values are listed when I started researching it a few pages ago).
Yeah I know about the flags that indicates receiving rewards. My question was more in regards to whether that button reset the flags also or not (maybe they were discovered, who knows lol)
I suppose the flags for weekend vicinity and meowth were not discovered. It would be cool to have multiple tries with them.

Not sure we can keep the benefit of the special shop outside of the promo period, but I suppose you can run the hack everytime you want to use it. Should be doable with a downgraded browser (spider) or gateway. That is, if it is indeed stored in ram.

Thanks for the info on the exp. I'll check it out.. I think I missed that google sheet :)

Once again, thank you for your efforts, and good job :D

Reactions: supercarotte

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I released v1.3 as a beta, see my latest releases : https://github.com/supercarotte/PSSE/releases

There have been quite a lot of changes since my last release, such as team viewing, rank editing, new "bulk edits" codes & 1.3.8 support. I should write a correct changelog if I've got enough time, until then just check my commits descriptions.

As always with stuff I'm releasing, consider it as unstable until everyone says otherwise. Keep backups of your saves & report if something doesn't work. If you want a more stable release, you can use nic0lette's v1.1 : https://github.com/nic0lette/PSSE/releases/tag/v1.1

(Also, don't forget to delete any "resource" folder left from a previous version of PSSE in the directory where you'll put this .exe.)

EDIT: I pushed a new release (v1.3-1b) and deleted the previous one. This "new" release has
- Cleanier code (especially regarding Cheats()),
- Improved "S-Rank All Completed" function,
- Tooltips for bulk edit buttons (hover on a button for half a sec),
- Circling through rankw now by clicking on the stage picture for easier access,
- Fixed Tab Key navigation.

Last edited by supercarotte,

vegeta_ble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's some interesting goings on with the Special Shop at the moment, to do with causing a clock reset (e.g. pulling the battery out etc.). I'm not sure of the details, but I thought some of you might be interested in looking into it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/73647060

Here's an example of what can happen. However, for me it doesn't work and I just end up with 0 hearts again (gah):

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHlIqSDLWg

I was thinking if I used the infinite heart bonus from the Special Shop, that might be the trigger needed to make this work; yanking the battery AFTER using that bonus (maybe several hours afterwards, not sure) might cause the desired effect.

It's been deleted from the GameFAQs thread now, but one person reported doing this and ending up with the other bonus, the 15 minute heart regen. He didn't say, but I suppose it's possible he used that bonus before trying this.

If anyone doesn't mind messing with backups to run some tests, that would be great! Unfortunately I don't have homebrew at the moment so I'm kinda scared of "wasting" an infinite heart bonus only for it not to work...

Edit: Actually, if anyone has the offsets for the Special Shop-related stuff in the save file, we might be able to play around with it that way as well to get the nearly 3,000 hours' worth of infinite hearts. I decided I would try what I said before in any case; it's only two jewels if it doesn't work but it's potentially a third of a year's worth of infinite hearts, so I decided to go for it.

Edit 2: I couldn't get it to work, I'm afraid, so I'm all out of ideas.

Last edited by vegeta_ble,
Reactions: supercarotte

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I released v1.3 as a beta, see my latest releases : https://github.com/supercarotte/PSSE/releases

There have been quite a lot of changes since my last release, such as team viewing, rank editing, new "bulk edits" codes & 1.3.8 support. I should write a correct changelog if I've got enough time, until then just check my commits descriptions.

As always with stuff I'm releasing, consider it as unstable until everyone says otherwise. Keep backups of your saves & report if something doesn't work. If you want a more stable release, you can use nic0lette's v1.1 : https://github.com/nic0lette/PSSE/releases/tag/v1.1

(Also, don't forget to delete any "resource" folder left from a previous version of PSSE in the directory where you'll put this .exe.)

EDIT: I pushed a new release (v1.3-1b) and deleted the previous one. This "new" release has
- Cleanier code (especially regarding Cheats()),
- Improved "S-Rank All Completed" function,
- Tooltips for bulk edit buttons (hover on a button for half a sec),
- Circling through rankw now by clicking on the stage picture for easier access,
- Fixed Tab Key navigation.
thanks,but i can't open the 1.3 version
it always crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work