ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
does this work with 1.218

You're quick, it's only been a few hours minutes that 1.2.18 is out.

No problem though, they can't patch the exploit through game updates because if they did everyone would loose his savefile^^ It works fine with me.

btw, they did a lot of cleanup right before charizard's competition ends : I went up to 11th place in EU's ladders^^

Last edited by supercarotte,

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're quick, it's only been a few hours minutes that 1.2.18 is out.

No problem though, they can't patch the exploit through game updates because if they did everyone would loose his savefile^^ It works fine with me.

btw, they did a lot of cleanup right before charizard's competition ends : I went up to 11th place in EU's ladders^^
i went down, because my 55k score was originally 200 something, i never got higher than that. The infinite hearts are useful for the escalation. The last esclation battle, i ended up using my non-cheated jewels just finish it, and many 10s of thousands of grinded coins. Esclation is one of those events that will force you to use your jewels/possibly money just for the speedups. I was so tempted to use money for jewels last esclation, because it frustrated the hell out of me, when i kept loosing around lv 125, multiple times.

The PSSE abusers were relentless on the leaderboard, they reappeared right after the 1st group was banned, there should be someone to prevent them from using the psse if they abused, somehow tying thier psse requiring the use of internet and someone is linked to account on this site, or whoever made it.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

kuja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i finally figured it out though i forgot to save my original game file and it got overwritten and corrupted and now i have to start over but at least its with everything now XD

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, so for those of you that would be stuck at any point in the new latias challenge, here I am :

Offsets for its "steps" are 0x2D59-0x2D5A, minus the 2 last bits of 0x2D59. Simply enter any number here to get to corresponding step (don't forget about endiannes and those 2 useless bytes), or change those bytes to "C8 00" to get to the 50th step. Beat it and you'll get your latiasite (plus you'll have 100% chance to catch latias if you have 2500 coins to spend) !

If that's clearrer for you :
->take the (decimal) number of the step you want to challenge and convert it to binary
-> move it 2 bits to the left (add 2 0s on the right)
-> convert it to hexadecimal and read it backwards (endianness)
-> copy that number to said bytes.

Oh, and even better : when you skip steps like this, beating the next step will automatically give you every reward you should have had for previous steps ! Try changing thoses to bytes to "FF FF" (should be "9C 0F" if you don't want any overflow, but it doesn't seem to change anything IG) and beat step 999 (you may need a bit of items for this one), and you'll unlock every single reward available for this challenge (basically there aren't any reward past step ~200) !

Edit: It should look like that for the 50th step :
Gkhauo6

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for your research, @supercarotte - I did that test according to your instructions, indeed it works that way. Received every reward at the same time.

I was beating Latias level by level (in some form of "revenge" for everything Cresselia, Darkrai and Giratina did in the previous Escalation Battles)...

...but being able to do this is satisfying too. XD
BTW, I needed to use every item at once.

lat9991.jpg

lat9992.jpg

I was wondering. If you "revert" the Latias stage level, could be possible to receive the rewards again?

*EDIT*

No, isn't possible at first.
- Extracted my save
- Reverted to Stage Level 1
- Access game, saved, then quit the game
- Extracted the game again
- Reverted to Stage Level 999
- Accessed game again, and took me a few tries this time, but I won Latias 999 again... and no prizes.

lat3.jpg

M-Glalie becomes very useful at this stage, I must say. Using every item seems necessary, maaaaybe just Moves +5 isn't needed... due to the Goomy appearing, Complexity -1 is a must.
lat4.jpg

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

Prode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite understand how to do this, and the same for Pokemon Rumble. I downloaded Save Manager for Homebrew Tubehax, made the save file, put the microsd card in my computer, edited the file with the tool from SciresM and got the stuff I wanted, then I downloaded the Antisavegame Restore Secure Value Updater from Soluko, put the original save file for "Old", the newly edited one for "New", and Selected Pokemon Shuffle for Game Secure Value, then I hit Fix and it made a savedata.bin.BAK0 thing, and I just put all those in the correct folder on my microsd card, and then put that back in my 3ds. I then launched Tubehax, went to save manager and loaded Pokemon Shuffle, and Hit B for Import File. Could anyone help me understand what I missed or did wrong?

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't quite understand how to do this, and the same for Pokemon Rumble. I downloaded Save Manager for Homebrew Tubehax, made the save file, put the microsd card in my computer, edited the file with the tool from SciresM and got the stuff I wanted, then I downloaded the Antisavegame Restore Secure Value Updater from Soluko, put the original save file for "Old", the newly edited one for "New", and Selected Pokemon Shuffle for Game Secure Value, then I hit Fix and it made a savedata.bin.BAK0 thing, and I just put all those in the correct folder on my microsd card, and then put that back in my 3ds. I then launched Tubehax, went to save manager and loaded Pokemon Shuffle, and Hit B for Import File. Could anyone help me understand what I missed or did wrong?

I will order your post below, to explain after:

1) I downloaded Save Manager for Homebrew Tubehax, made the save file
2) put the microsd card in my computer, edited the file with the tool from SciresM and got the stuff I wanted
3) then I downloaded the Antisavegame Restore Secure Value Updater from Soluko, put the original save file for "Old", the newly edited one for "New", and Selected Pokemon Shuffle for Game Secure Value, then I hit Fix and it made a savedata.bin.BAK0 thing
4) and I just put all those in the correct folder on my microsd card, and then put that back in my 3ds.
5) I then launched Tubehax, went to save manager and loaded Pokemon Shuffle, and Hit B for Import File.

The whole step 3 is just needed if you try to restore an older save, generated prior to Step 1. Considering after step 1 you didn't reopened the game, you can jump the step 3, going straight from 2 to 4.

But since you use that step 3, just leave ONLY the edited savedata.bin at the proper folder on 3DS. Remove everything else.
The .BAK file is, as the name suggests, a backup from your save before it was edited. So you can remove that backup from the folder, but leave it at hand if needed later.

Prode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will order your post below, to explain after:

1) I downloaded Save Manager for Homebrew Tubehax, made the save file
2) put the microsd card in my computer, edited the file with the tool from SciresM and got the stuff I wanted
3) then I downloaded the Antisavegame Restore Secure Value Updater from Soluko, put the original save file for "Old", the newly edited one for "New", and Selected Pokemon Shuffle for Game Secure Value, then I hit Fix and it made a savedata.bin.BAK0 thing
4) and I just put all those in the correct folder on my microsd card, and then put that back in my 3ds.
5) I then launched Tubehax, went to save manager and loaded Pokemon Shuffle, and Hit B for Import File.

The whole step 3 is just needed if you try to restore an older save, generated prior to Step 1. Considering after step 1 you didn't reopened the game, you can jump the step 3, going straight from 2 to 4.

But since you use that step 3, just leave ONLY the edited savedata.bin at the proper folder on 3DS. Remove everything else.
The .BAK file is, as the name suggests, a backup from your save before it was edited. So you can remove that backup from the folder, but leave it at hand if needed later.

I still cannot get this to work, sorry for not understanding this. Could you make a video so I could see you do it?

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, sorry, I can't make a video of the process, don't have a camera at hand.
But I think I saw a video before... if not at this very topic, in another.

jonojono

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi all.

so i followed the instructions above, step 1, 3 and 5, when I import the file in via save data manager, but there are no changes to my game.

when i reload the savefile on PSSE, i can see that the changes have been made to the save file.

am I doing my import wrongly? any idea why the changes are not reflected in game? is it because of the patch?

someone please advice!

Last edited by jonojono,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your research, @supercarotte - I did that test according to your instructions, indeed it works that way. Received every reward at the same time.

I was beating Latias level by level (in some form of "revenge" for everything Cresselia, Darkrai and Giratina did in the previous Escalation Battles)...

...but being able to do this is satisfying too. XD
BTW, I needed to use every item at once.

View attachment 26078
View attachment 26079

I was wondering. If you "revert" the Latias stage level, could be possible to receive the rewards again?

*EDIT*

No, isn't possible at first.
- Extracted my save
- Reverted to Stage Level 1
- Access game, saved, then quit the game
- Extracted the game again
- Reverted to Stage Level 999
- Accessed game again, and took me a few tries this time, but I won Latias 999 again... and no prizes.

View attachment 26091

M-Glalie becomes very useful at this stage, I must say. Using every item seems necessary, maaaaybe just Moves +5 isn't needed... due to the Goomy appearing, Complexity -1 is a must.
View attachment 26092

Well, at first I had imagined that the game worked with someting like a reward list, like if you beat stage XX you get reward XX. The fact that you get all rewards when beating a single high level made me think that there should be some kind of flags for each reward so that you can't get the same reward twice, but hey that's actually more helpfull to us so I didn't bother searching ^^

I still cannot get this to work, sorry for not understanding this. Could you make a video so I could see you do it?

hi all.

so i followed the instructions above, step 1, 3 and 5, when I import the file in via save data manager, but there are no changes to my game.

when i reload the savefile on PSSE, i can see that the changes have been made to the save file.

am I doing my import wrongly? any idea why the changes are not reflected in game? is it because of the patch?

someone please advice!

Both of you, there is a maybe a bit more detailled tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-savedatafiler-ninjhax-pokémon-shuffle-saveedit.393568/

Here you'll find a bit more detailed informations about secret value restoring : https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

If you follow all steps properly but SDM seems to be unable to extract/inject it properly, use this homebrew instead : https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/ --> It's slightly more complicated to use, so read carefully.
Basically you've got your actual save on the left and your SD card on right. By pressing Y then Select, you can move the selected file from right to left or from left to right (it will crash if you try to move anything else than savedata.bin inside your savefile. It automatically a backup of your save at startup, in SD/svdt/<game name>/<date> and, if you agree on startup, it can automatically edit secret values for supported games so you don't need to use a computer for suloku's tool.

jonojono

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi just an update. SVDT works wonders for me. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

If you follow all steps properly but SDM seems to be unable to extract/inject it properly, use this homebrew instead : https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/ --> It's slightly more complicated to use, so read carefully.
Basically you've got your actual save on the left and your SD card on right. By pressing Y then Select, you can move the selected file from right to left or from left to right (it will crash if you try to move anything else than savedata.bin inside your savefile. It automatically a backup of your save at startup, in SD/svdt/<game name>/<date> and, if you agree on startup, it can automatically edit secret values for supported games so you don't need to use a computer for suloku's tool.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, today I discovered where ranks are stored :
0x987-0x9C1 for normal stages
0xAB3-0xAB9 for extra stages
(both have a lot of free space after in order to keep it growing with the number of levels)
EDIT: Event stages should be at 0xAFE-0xB00 at the moment, I'll check if that changes later

LB6p9D2

(here I've every Normal/EX stage with S rank except for Chesnaught which is A)​

Structure is the same for both cases : 7 useless bits on first byte (so it can only be 00 or 80)and 2 bits for each stage (00 = C / 01 = B / 10 = A / 11 = S) in reverse order because of endianness.

Ciqiwlk

It's not normally possible to get anything else than S rank on espurr's stage because you can't choose which move to do, and if you don't believe me when I say that even getting one C-rank on one of the 5 first stages is incredibly hard then I challenge you to try it !
(Seriously, I had to reset so much to get them all on a legit save that I broke ThemeHax TWICE !)

I've been messing a bit with it now and what I observed was :
  • Marking a stage as S-rank doesn't make it completed, but the game doesn't "clean" ranks data if you don't improve it. As an example, if you set an S rank on a stage you didn't complete yet, you'll still see no ranks on main screen. But if you then complete it with an A rank for example (you'll see it on results screen), world map will then show an S rank for this stage because A is lower than S.
  • EX stages availability is real-time based on the number of S ranks for normal stages. Set all normal stages to S on a blank file and you'll unlock all EX levels at once when you load it (even though you aren't even close to unlocking enough levels to do it normally). Same goes if you set all C-ranks on a file which previously had all S-ranks : EX button doesn't disappear but the EX section becomes empty until you unlock eavery single level again.
EX button is available during tutorial phases, which allows you to mess a bit with it.

WVW69ib9Z9MAfOeoMg

PS: Event stages ranks should be somewhere just a bit after EX ranks, I'll edit if I find them =)

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, today I discovered where ranks are stored :
0x987-0x9C1 for normal stages
0xAB3-0xAB9 for extra stages
(both have a lot of free space after in order to keep it growing with the number of levels)

LB6p9D2

(here I've every Normal/EX stage with S rank except for Chesnaught which is A)​

Structure is the same for both cases : 7 useless bits on first byte (so it can only be 00 or 80)and 2 bits for each stage (00 = C / 01 = B / 10 = A / 11 = S) in reverse order because of endianness.

Ciqiwlk

It's not normally possible to get anything else than S rank on espurr's stage because you can't choose which move to do, and if you don't believe me when I say that even getting one C-rank on one of the 5 first stages is incredibly hard then I challenge you to try it !
(Seriously, I had to reset so much to get them all on a legit save that I broke ThemeHax TWICE !)

I've been messing a bit with it now and what I observed was :
  • Marking a stage as S-rank doesn't make it completed, but the game doesn't "clean" ranks data if you don't improve it. As an example, if you set an S rank on a stage you didn't complete yet, you'll still see no ranks on main screen. But if you then complete it with an A rank for example (you'll see it on results screen), world map will then show an S rank for this stage because A is lower than S.
  • EX stages availability is real-time based on the number of S ranks for normal stages. Set all normal stages to S on a blank file and you'll unlock all EX levels at once when you load it (even though you aren't even close to unlocking enough levels to do it normally). Same goes if you set all C-ranks on a file which previously had all S-ranks : EX button doesn't disappear but the EX section becomes empty until you unlock eavery single level again.
EX button is available during tutorial phases, which allows you to mess a bit with it.

WVW69ib9Z9MAfOeoMg

PS: Event stages ranks should be somewhere just a bit after EX ranks, I'll edit if I find them =)
hope sciresM would update his editor implementing this ranks editor...

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hope sciresM would update his editor implementing this ranks editor...

Well, anyone can contribute to PSSE using SciresM's github. The only reason I didn't do it myself is that I don't have any coding ability :wacko:

Based on @KaleoOmega's work, it seems that number of mega-speedups for M-latias is stored at 0x2D7C-0x2D7D.
0 speed-ups -> "00 00"
12 speed-ups -> "80 01"
I can't say how is 12 stored in those bytes, but it's the only value that changed in this region between my 2 saves and it makes sense regarding dex order.

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't tested feeding Latias, but judging from your research data, @supercarotte , and considering previous situations, I think this is how they are stored between these two offsets. I'm posting only in Hex, since I really struggle with binary data:

00 speedup: 0X X0
01 speedup: 2X X0
02 speedup: 4X X0
03 speedup: 6X X0
04 speedup: 8X X0
05 speedup: AX X0
06 speedup: CX X0
07 speedup: EX X0
08 speedup: 0X X1
09 speedup: 2X X1
10 speedup: 4X X1
11 speedup: 6X X1
12 speedup: 8X X1

The "X" are there because, certainly, these offsets are used for more than one Pokémon. So feeding Latias only changes the first "half" of the first offset, and the last "half" of the second offset; where the "X" appear, they remain unchanged.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night