ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

HagiBlacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When I editing the Charizardite Y (I didn't have it) in the game appears the Charizardite X. The slots with megastones are changed xD

megastone.png

Last edited by HagiBlacker,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, time for your (kind-of-)daily news ! B-)

Today I found that data for completed levels is stored at 0x688-0x6DE : don't ask me why, but it seems like it uses 3 bits per level (000 = locked / 101 = completed / 010 = appears as shadow).

Reading is easy but editing it is a bit tougher:
Indeed, you can revert a completed save back to stage 1 (tutorial activates again, even though some things don't play correctly) but you can't just edit those bytes on a blank save to have all unlocked, as it'll say your data is corrupted.

It seems that they are 2 chunks of data, at 0x546-0x5A8 and 0x5D6-0x638 (they are indentical on a legit save), that act like checksums and need to be modified too in order for the changes to work (editing those chunks doesn't do anything if you don't change data at 0x688-0x6DE offsets).
I couldn't find a logical structure yet, but you only need to edit either one for your changes to apply and pasting a chunk from a completed save is okay even if you choose to edit only a few more stages.

Here's what my 100% save looks like:
mLfgDhv
(easy pasting :
chunkks = "C0 7F E0 C0 FC 0C 00 06 00 00 30 01 1E 60 C2 E1 11 3D F8 1F 00 00 32 77 00 36 00 00 00 0C F7 40 8A 0D FE FB 7F 00 30 1B 00 D4 78 F6 90 E0 01 60 E7 07 3E 5E 0D C0 01 00 80 0F 38 F2 FF E7 A0 D2 C0 1F D5 37 0E 30 00 06 3F 06 1E 0C 0E FF CF 01 02 80 81 1F 3C 18 F0 01 90 FE 83 03 FC 67 00 F8 17 66 01"
stage data = "6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB 02")

If someones wishes to test it, please confirm if that unlocks all levels for you too (it worked on several different saves on my console but I'd like to make-sure it's not console-specific or I had missed something).
I'll work a bit more on these chuncks of data, hoping that I can decode their structure, but if pasting those bytes works on other saves than mines it could be used as a quick-patch (you know, the "Mass edit" codes in PSSE).

BTW, unlocking all levels that way gives you C rank in all of them (except those you already completed, obviously), but I already found how to modify ranks on previous page if you want. You won't capture pokemons either, so basically unlocking all levels just makes you able to play the level of your choice for those of you that are stuck somewhere. I didn't test if you still get jewels from mega-stones stages yet, I'll edit that later.
Oh, and the number of completed stages shown in the "options" menu should be directly updated to reflect your changes, which means there is only playtime left to find :yaysp:.

EDIT: beat the audinite stage and still got the stone, jewel and coins. It appears that flags for rewards are stored elsewhere, kind of like latias did, so you'll still get them upon beating special levels.

When I editing the Charizardite Y (I didn't have it) in the game appears the Charizardite X. The slots with megastones are changed xD

megastone.png
Well, someone just needs to invert the stones sprites to correct this^^ left one should be X and right one should be Y (same goes for mewtwo).

Last edited by supercarotte,

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, time for your (kind-of-)daily news ! B-)

Today I found that data for completed levels is stored at 0x688-0x6DE : don't ask me why, but it seems like it uses 3 bits per level (000 = locked / 101 = completed / 010 = appears as shadow).

Reading is easy but editing it is a bit tougher:
Indeed, you can revert a completed save back to stage 1 (tutorial activates again, even though some things don't play correctly) but you can't just edit those bytes on a blank save to have all unlocked, as it'll say your data is corrupted.

It seems that they are 2 chunks of data, at 0x546-0x5A8 and 0x5D6-0x638 (they are indentical on a legit save), that act like checksums and need to be modified too in order for the changes to work.
I couldn't find a logical structure yet, but you only need to edit either one for your changes to apply and pasting a chunk from a completed save is okay even if you choose to edit only a few more stages.

Here's what my 100% save looks like:
mLfgDhv
(easy pasting :
chunkks = "C0 7F E0 C0 FC 0C 00 06 00 00 30 01 1E 60 C2 E1 11 3D F8 1F 00 00 32 77 00 36 00 00 00 0C F7 40 8A 0D FE FB 7F 00 30 1B 00 D4 78 F6 90 E0 01 60 E7 07 3E 5E 0D C0 01 00 80 0F 38 F2 FF E7 A0 D2 C0 1F D5 37 0E 30 00 06 3F 06 1E 0C 0E FF CF 01 02 80 81 1F 3C 18 F0 01 90 FE 83 03 FC 67 00 F8 17 66 01"
stage data = "6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB B6 6D DB 02")

If someones wishes to test it, please confirm if that unlocks all levels for you too (it worked on several different saves on my console but I'd like to make-sure it's not console-specific or I had missed something).
I'll work a bit more on these chuncks of data, hoping that I can decode their structure, but if pasting those bytes works on other saves than mines it could be used as a quick-patch (you know, the "Mass edit" codes in PSSE).

BTW, unlocking all levels that way gives you C rank in all of them (except those you already completed, obviously), but I already found how to modify ranks on previous page if you want. You won't capture pokemons either, so basically unlocking all levels just makes you able to play the level of your choice for those of you that are stuck somewhere. I didn't test if you still get jewels from mega-stones stages yet, I'll edit that later.
Oh, and the number of completed stages shown in the "options" menu should be directly updated to reflect your changes, which means there is only playtime left to find :yaysp:.

EDIT: beat the audinite stage and still got the stone, jewel and coins. It appears that flags for rewards are stored elsewhere, kind of like latias did, so you'll still get them upon beating special levels.

Well, someone just needs to invert the stones sprites to correct this^^ left one should be X and right one should be Y (same goes for mewtwo).

@supercarotte , I did that test, pasting those bytes on my savefile at my second unit, and I can say that worked flawlessly.
Every stage now is unlocked :)

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@supercarotte
Can confirm working as well. All stages show as C ranks
Gonna try the other method modifying for S-ranks to unlock the EX stages.

Edit:
Was able to edit the normal stage ranks to all S-ranks via changing the values through 0x987-0x9C1.

Pasted:
80 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 07

e3defcdd3d.png

Result:
0c6a5cd7ec.JPG

Last edited by Expliciate,
Reactions: Deleted User

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad it works for both of you, @Expliciate and @KaleoOmega !

Unfortunately I still don't know what these chunks are. Though there should be some logical structure in it (or it wouldn't work on other files), there is a lot of weird stuff which makes me unable to tell how it works yet. I'm currently trying to beat every single level again to note how it updates each time, so it should take a while before I get it right (I also plan on working on other small things so that I don't become crazy).

In the meantime, I guess I'll keep it as a quick patch. If anyone sees any weird change after applying it, please report (preferably with before/after saves) so that I can lay an eye on it.

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I noticed something only today, when I turn on my second unit after a few days - this one is mainly for editing and testing purposes. I was thinking, "how about using Ditto at Meowth Coin Mania"?

Possibly this would allow to an insane amount of coins, due to Ditto's "wildcard" hidden ability.
So I select Ditto on my 2DS' Shuffle save, but despite I being able to put it on my four Pokémon team...

print1.jpg

...this is what happens when I return to the stage select screen:

print2.jpg

Ditto simply disappear. And if I try that stage, Pidgey appears as the 4th Pokémon, as expected:

print3.jpg

And the same effect applies to almost every non-released Pokémon. Look what happens when I select an team composed of Mega Abomasnow, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Red Genesect:

print4.jpg

print5.jpg

And the current hack check goes further, removing even Pokémon that already have their data on the game (such as Palkia), but aren't released officially yet. As a example, a team composed of Mega-Gardevoir, Ho-Oh, Palkia and Goodra (all of them already have their Pokédex numbers defined, at least):

print6.jpg

print7.jpg

Looks like Genius Sonority did something against the Ditto cheaters with the 1.2.18 update, after all. GS blocked almost all non-released Pokémon for use; they simply disappear from your team after being selected and confirmed.

The only exceptions so far are Mega Evolutions for Pokémon that already appear at the game, but aren't released yet (such as Charizard X, Pidgeot, Mewtwo X, etc). These ones can still be used, and their Mega forms appear with their placeholder abilities (same as Audino).

print8.jpg

At least, this will control most of the insane hacked scores that we saw at the last Charizardite Y competition. I don't see any of these Mega exceptions being able to reach higher scores, due to the placeholder ability.

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice discoveries, if I were more versed in c# I would try to add them, rank editing is certainly great for the editor. I cuould change the charizardite's icons though, but I don't think a new version just for that is worth it :P

BTW, yesterday I tried to find how to re-enable victini with no luck, maybe with next saturday's savegames (comparing with yesterday's) I'll have more luck.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: Madridi

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.219 came out, the cheat should still work right? i dont have another 3ds on which i can check if it still works. I also hope the cheaters dont show up with 600k score again, it will hasten gs to do soemthing if they havnt already. this competition is absol.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1.219 came out, the cheat should still work right? i dont have another 3ds on which i can check if it still works. I also hope the cheaters dont show up with 600k score again, it will hasten gs to do soemthing if they havnt already. this competition is absol.

I can confirm two things ATM:
1) PSSE still works with the current update (1.2.19).
2) And, sadly, I was wrong about the whole situation about the unreleased Pokémon, that I posted above. It's still possible to use Ditto and such things...
I just hope GS also implemented an online check about these ones, when one cheater tries to upload their score with unreleased Pokémon such Ditto and other things...

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm two things ATM:
1) PSSE still works with the current update (1.2.19).
2) And, sadly, I was wrong about the whole situation about the unreleased Pokémon, that I posted above. It's still possible to use Ditto and such things...
I just hope GS also implemented an online check about these ones, when one cheater tries to upload their score with unreleased Pokémon such Ditto and other things...
I think gs have something in the works of countering this cheat, this cheat is also on youtube, where people made videos of it. If someone cheats than gs will defintely hasten a major version update to block the hack, like they did with the browser exploit back in febuarary, that cheat last for a few weeks.
2)what are you using to see all the data of the pokemon, is it with the same psse or something else, im just curious why you like looking at where pokemon are in the data?

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just used PSSE to unlock every Pokémon on my 2DS. And after the update into 1.2.19, they allowed again to select unreleased Pokémon into the team to fight against Mega Absol...
About the data location of the Pokémon, I was using HxD and doing tests with save dumps. Just curiosity.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I've said this before, but in-game downloadable updates are more like dlc, I really doubt they can change the savedata structure without a major update (1.3, and those are the ones that need to be downloaded from e-shop), and even then such a bug refactor is unlikely to happen and pointless since we would just need to remap the savefile (a pain, but something like hearts and coins should be easy to find).

If I was GS what I would implement is encryption, but that could eventually be broken too, but that would take time to implement and test that everything properly works, I don't think GS is so worried about "cheaters" since most cheaters are people who wouldn't spend money on this f2p game anyways, being able to do so or not.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
if i added a pokemon/mega stone that released but i missed it
will be added to the 999 slot ?

is there a page that show every releases pokemon/item to date ?

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

megastone.png
My version with I translated to Polish, work great.
chary.png

Maybe, because I used the source to translate the editor first, and then I Build a EXE file with Visual Studio?
Try to download the source and Build a EXE file with Visual Studio, maybe it would work.

Sorry I just realize that the blue Megastone is the Charizarditr X, so I to have the same mistake.
There is a simple fix:
1. Download The source.
2. Open it in Visual Studio.
3. Go to "Project", chose "Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor Properties...".
4. Got to "Resources" , find "MegaStone006_X, MegaStone006_Y, MegaStone150_X, MegaStone150_Y". Edit their names, and switch the Xs with the Ys:
FIX.png
6. Build a EXE file, and done:
f2.png

Last edited by tomx86,

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on Mac?
do you as mean the laptop, or ipad, iphone, they both can play it, but this is designed for 3ds only.

Cheaters have been detected on the leaderboard, they started showing up today, with shiny genesect, ditto and shedinja. with around 320kpts, This is not good for pssers.

Mex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What is the point for those idiots to keep using the non-available pokemon on this event? You can't brag or showing off about the "accomplishment" and you just going to get removed anyways, but they will ruin this for us. Major update is coming soon, we can't use it anymore pretty soon....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.