ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

bartirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, I came as far as exporting my save data with homebrew (by using youtube to access it)!
The problem I stumbled across, though, is that it gives me a .DAT-file rather than a .BIN-file.
Any clue on how I can get a .BIN-file? Really eager to try this program :P

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They must have updated the game's secure value location. Try just deleting the secure value rather than fixing it. We might need a new ini file for the Secure value Fixer app.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
They must have updated the game's secure value location. Try just deleting the secure value rather than fixing it. We might need a new ini file for the Secure value Fixer app.
No, it is because he is using save_manager and has other saves different than shuffle's savedata.bin inside the savedataBackup folder.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
The only updates you need to worry are those downloaded from e-shop.
Updates from inside the game are more like dlc and they can't make it so those "updates" modify the games code.

But even then, since they need to keep savegames retrocompatible the chances they introduce anything to prevent save editing are slim. They can't do anything to prevent it, they could just delay it, but I don't think they will even bother, they never have unless some obvious cheating like using unreleased pokemon.

Galexy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used PSSE before just fine. This time I was editing the levels and now I have multiple Pokemon showing the level up animation in the Pokemon selection screen. Some of which I didn't even change the levels of in PSSE. When I tried a stage the animation disappeared when I was done. However, some Pokemon went up multiple levels and others gained no experience at all. How do I fix this?

i have the same problem. i was leveling someone but after every ampharos stage the exp seems like disappeared. like you, i used only the PSSE.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
what will happen if i add a pokemon that was not released yet ?
for the megastones , is it okey if i added them all ?
i just finished the game with 230 level , all S rank

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what will happen if i add a pokemon that was not released yet ?
for the megastones , is it okey if i added them all ?
i just finished the game with 230 level , all S rank
I'd recommend you not to play with unreleased pokemons/stones in competiton events, aside from that there doesn't seem to be any problem. Note that unreleased megas all have audino's ability as a kind of default ability, and unreleased pokemon may change type/power/ability when released (as for diancie, which was rock-type until the latest update for example).

IMO I don't see the point of using unreleased mons/stones because of that second point, but you're free to do it if you want^^

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'd recommend you not to play with unreleased pokemons/stones in competiton events, aside from that there doesn't seem to be any problem. Note that unreleased megas all have audino's ability as a kind of default ability, and unreleased pokemon may change type/power/ability when released (as for diancie, which was rock-type until the latest update for example).

IMO I don't see the point of using unreleased mons/stones because of that second point, but you're free to do it if you want^^
thanks
so , its safe just to add mega stones to every pokemon i have right now

i missed rayquaza , groudon and Kyogre and other events
if i add them manually , they gonna be added to end on the list ? or replace other pokemon ?

Brodius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChronoX123

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My pokemon shuffle got corrupted and I have no idea why. I did exactly as I used to, but got corrupted using that exploit that gives max health, money, jewels and speed ups. I was so happy that i managed to hit the Charizard Y ranking (I'm Rulian) but the save got corrupted when I tried to add the itens. I can't help myself this time. Can someone help me?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So is there a chance I may lose my save data on my 3DS if I use what you've recommended?

If not, when does the risk come into play, if ever?

I think that smealum's tubeHax installation tutorial is detailed enough so that you shouldn't have any problem if you follow it correctly.

Using SDM to extract your save should be safe too, the only problem you could have is having a "corrupted" save when you inject it back : some games (like shuffle) determine a "secret value" each time you save, which is stored both on your console and your savefile. If you inject a savefile with a secret value that doesn't match your console's, it will say your save is corrupted and won't let you play it.

Basically, when you export your save always make a backup of it before editing it (that way you'll be able to use a tool by suloku that allows you to copy the secret value of a blank save into your old save, which allows you to play it again). Also, once you've exported a save don't launch the game before you inserted it back. That way you're sure the game doesn't save and doesn't change your console's secret value so you shouldn't have to use that backup file I just told you to make ;)

Brodius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, so I have vanilla homebrew on my 3DS now; do I put the "Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor" onto the SD card too, or is there some way to extract the save file for Pokemon Shuffle to my desktop?

Go to the link I provided you and extract the archive at the root of your SD card, then put it back in your 3DS and launch the homebrew menu using tubehax/ironhax.

Search the "Savedata Manager" homebrew in the list (it looks like LinkMain's picture), launch it then use left/right arrows to select pokemon shuffle and press A.

Glitch screen, then press A to copy shuffle's save on your SD card.

On your computer, extract Pokemon Shuffle Editor.exe and launch it. Transfer your savefile from SD to your computer (it's "savedata.bin" in the savedata folder), copy it at 2 different places to have a backup in case things go wrong. Remember not to launch shuffle from the moment you extracted your save.

Open your save using the editor and edit it as you wish, then save it and copy it back to your SD card (overwrite the original file). Make sure you don't copy back your unedited backup file.

Power on your console, launch homebrew menu then SDM, select shuffle and this time press B after the glitchy screen to import your edited savefile. Once done, press X to quit SDM, then Start then A to get back to home menu. Launch Shuffle, your edits should now appear in game.

Reactions: Brodius

Brodius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the link I provided you and extract the archive at the root of your SD card, then put it back in your 3DS and launch the homebrew menu using tubehax/ironhax.

Search the "Savedata Manager" homebrew in the list (it looks like LinkMain's picture), launch it then use left/right arrows to select pokemon shuffle and press A.

Glitch screen, then press A to copy shuffle's save on your SD card.

On your computer, extract Pokemon Shuffle Editor.exe and launch it. Transfer your savefile from SD to your computer (it's "savedata.bin" in the savedata folder), copy it at 2 different places to have a backup in case things go wrong. Remember not to launch shuffle from the moment you extracted your save.

Open your save using the editor and edit it as you wish, then save it and copy it back to your SD card (overwrite the original file). Make sure you don't copy back your unedited backup file.

Power on your console, launch homebrew menu then SDM, select shuffle and this time press B after the glitchy screen to import your edited savefile. Once done, press X to quit SDM, then Start then A to get back to home menu. Launch Shuffle, your edits should now appear in game.

I wonder if this is how true love starts...

Otakyon

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A new update for Pokemon Shuffle is now available in the Eshop (at least here in Europe), maybe that ensured some kind of protection for sava dumping?

Time to get some extra money before updating, just in case.

Last edited by Otakyon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM