ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I miswrote what I did. I tried to change the 127 but I don't know what value to change. I use the default values so I probably need to change one of those. Which one do I need to change and I what do I change it to? I think once I fix that it should let me edit on PSSE without corrupting, right?

I'd rather not start all over in case I mess up.

I don't see what you're meaning here. Just use PSSE's GUI to select how many heart, pieces, diamonds and other items you want and it should update your current overflowing number. If you're asking about the secure value, you don't have to worry about what it is because suloku's tool does it for you.

Galexy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, i think i did something wrong. I exported the save file, edited it and imported it again, but now shuffle told me that the data file is corrupted, and i restarted the game. Is there a way to restore my previous game? I have the old save, but if is use the utility in the first page it doesn't work. I can only use tubehax, please tell me that i don't have to do EVERYTHING again...

eq2kazial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone PM me their Shuffle savedata.bin that has all stages completed (preferably since release in Feb?) PSSE doesn't open up stages if you haven't gotten to them. <3 <3 <3

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone PM me their Shuffle savedata.bin that has all stages completed (preferably since release in Feb?) PSSE doesn't open up stages if you haven't gotten to them. <3 <3 <3
Unfortunately, this is a bad idea. If you use someone else's file without editing the client number, you and maybe the original owner can get severely punished by Genius Sonority.

Reactions: Madridi

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A rank editor function, would be nice to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

C'mon don't be lazy, it mostly takes one ore two moves if done right to complete a stage in the main course. Good luck!

eq2kazial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon don't be lazy, it mostly takes one ore two moves if done right to complete a stage in the main course. Good luck!

It's not laziness, but thanks for the assumption. I'd like to make my save as legit as possible in case Nintendo ever does a hack check. Example: Having caught Mew but never completed the Mew stage.

Perhaps SciresM can add this functionality in a future update? Thanks for your work SciresM!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It's not laziness, but thanks for the assumption. I'd like to make my save as legit as possible in case Nintendo ever does a hack check. Example: Having caught Mew but never completed the Mew stage.

Perhaps SciresM can add this functionality in a future update? Thanks for your work SciresM!
But as it was mentioned above, it's not a good idea for anyone to share as the saves will have the same client number, as well as same history, and even competition scores if the backed up saves have one at the time..

I have a complete save as I played this fairly early, but I don't want to even transfer it to my other 3DS for this very reason.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But as it was mentioned above, it's not a good idea for anyone to share as the saves will have the same client number, as well as same history, and even competition scores if the backed up saves have one at the time..

I have a complete save as I played this fairly early, but I don't want to even transfer it to my other 3DS for this very reason.

I have a single save that I play across my three systems with shuffle installed...but I also take steps to ensure they're all synchronized and never online simultaneously, too.

I'd agree using someone else's save is a bad idea.

eq2kazial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a single save that I play across my three systems with shuffle installed...but I also take steps to ensure they're all synchronized and never online simultaneously, too.

I'd agree using someone else's save is a bad idea.

Is it possible/within the functionality to add this as a feature to PSSE in the future? Or is it too difficult/not possible?

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible/within the functionality to add this as a feature to PSSE in the future? Or is it too difficult/not possible?

I can look into it, but the problem is, as always, I can't add a feature if I don't understand how it correlates to the binary save data.

If I knew where stage completion was stored I'd have already included it.

eq2kazial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can look into it, but the problem is, as always, I can't add a feature if I don't understand how it correlates to the binary save data.

If I knew where stage completion was stored I'd have already included it.
Understood. I appreciate all the work you've done already!

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me if this sounds stupid, I am currently playing shuffle, and recently updated to include the mega sharpedo competition. All i want is the coins,jewels and hearts. The version of shuffle is now 1.2.15. ever since the exploit in febuarary where it allow easy coins and jewels, they have been updating as much as they can to prevent hacking.
i want to know how to use the save editor file.
1)so i am able to plug sd card into my comp, it has a interface, and i can extract the files from it. Should i be putting it in a special folder?
2) The game updated, does this file save editor work?
3)if it stills works how do i open shuffle save file, it does not use names, but use number instead.
4)Also one person in eu has a score of 133k in the recent sharpedo competition and some people already suspected save editor was the hacking tool used. If so then pokemon shuffle developers are aware of it.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
forgive me if this sounds stupid, I am currently playing shuffle, and recently updated to include the mega sharpedo competition. All i want is the coins,jewels and hearts. The version of shuffle is now 1.2.15. ever since the exploit in febuarary where it allow easy coins and jewels, they have been updating as much as they can to prevent hacking.
i want to know how to use the save editor file.
1)so i am able to plug sd card into my comp, it has a interface, and i can extract the files from it. Should i be putting it in a special folder?
2) The game updated, does this file save editor work?
3)if it stills works how do i open shuffle save file, it does not use names, but use number instead.
4)Also one person in eu has a score of 133k in the recent sharpedo competition and some people already suspected save editor was the hacking tool used. If so then pokemon shuffle developers are aware of it.

1. Go to https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and follow instructions to be able to launch homebrews on your 3DS.
  2. Go to https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/, extract the archive at the root of you SD card (you'll get a "savedata_manager" folder inside your "3ds" folder) and follow instructions on how to use the homebrew.
  3. Backup your shuffle save, copy it to your computer (it's in /savedata/savedata.bin), edit it with the tool on the first post of this thread then erase the old one on your SD card and copy the new one at the exact same place (keep a copy of the unedited one on your computer, just in case).
  4. Use savedata manager again to import your edited save back to pokemon shuffle.
  5. Note that, from the moment you backed up your save, you need not to launch the game again until you imported it back ! Otherwise it'll be declared as corrupted and erased. If that happens, follow instructions here to repair it.
For your other question, it should still work (I didn't test it yet) and yes, the EU top ladder more than probably cheated his way to it. Which means it's possible to send wrong score to Nintendo servers, but which means that nintendo will unfortunately soon patch this exploit :/

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and yes, the EU top ladder more than probably cheated his way to it. Which means it's possible to send wrong score to Nintendo servers, but which means that nintendo will unfortunately soon patch this exploit :/
Toshin used the pause button "tactic", for lack of a better word. So it looks like at the moment you cannot cheat the score because it's only uploaded during the stage results screen.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Toshin used the pause button "tactic", for lack of a better word. So it looks like at the moment you cannot cheat the score because it's only uploaded during the stage results screen.
Good. As long as no way people can directly cheat online by editing their scores, then I'm ok with that. Thanks for the info

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I doubt that even with pause button exploit Toshin really got 133k (more than double of what 2nd place currently has) with THAT bad of a team.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did a test with my second unit. Used a low-level team just for a low rank, not enough to take a place from anyone (around 1300 points). Surely I will be beaten until the end of the week.

Opening PSSE after uploading that score for Sharpedo competition, I see the score "stored" at position 11 on the Event Stages. However, just editing that score doesn't have any effect - it didn't even appear when you restore edited savedata, and isn't uploaded to the server too.

This said, I agree about Toshin's team: is totally awkward. Doesn't make any sense for me, even with the pause/double stylus trick.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country

Event stage data isn't saved, when events are repeated it restarts. There's probably a placeholder wich gets reset with each update.

I doubt that even with pause button exploit Toshin really got 133k (more than double of what 2nd place currently has) with THAT bad of a team.
Come on, learn how shuffle works, then you'll realize it is not a bad team, pause button helped though. Pikachu is there to be ignored, easy to spot: you see yellow, you don't touch it. It's like complexity -1 within your brain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool