ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

ShonenBat51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I have a terrible problem with my save file of pokemon shuffle.
Is corrupt!!
I dont know to use the Update Secure Value of the game, I have a file savedata.bin.bak0 that should be the "fixed" datafile but I dont know what can do with that file...
I tried use it with the save manager homebrew app, but dont worked.
Can you help me please?
Sorry for my bad english, im from chile... xD

Starceus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When I click on "Chech In" appears an advice that says that I have to update my console to Check In. I don't wanna update because I use ThemeHax/BrowserHax and i won't be able to use the HomeBrew Channel (Obviously, PSSE too) What I have to do!? :(

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I click on "Chech In" appears an advice that says that I have to update my console to Check In. I don't wanna update because I use ThemeHax/BrowserHax and i won't be able to use the HomeBrew Channel (Obviously, PSSE too) What I have to do!? :(
Wait. Since 10.3 is out, Nintendo changed the way you sign in with your NNID acount so FW spoofing through HANS won't work anymore. Until someone finds a solution you're stuck with either homebrews or shuffle.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As expected, the current Delibird escalation Battle (and probably, every future Escalation) works the same way as the previous ones. Just following the instructions posted earlier (and inside the quote below) by @supercarotte to change the current level.

Okay, so for those of you that would be stuck at any point in the new latias challenge, here I am :

Offsets for its "steps" are 0x2D59-0x2D5A, minus the 2 last bits of 0x2D59. Simply enter any number here to get to corresponding step (don't forget about endiannes and those 2 useless bytes), or change those bytes to "C8 00" to get to the 50th step. Beat it and you'll get your latiasite (plus you'll have 100% chance to catch latias if you have 2500 coins to spend) !

If that's clearrer for you :
->take the (decimal) number of the step you want to challenge and convert it to binary
-> move it 2 bits to the left (add 2 0s on the right)
-> convert it to hexadecimal and read it backwards (endianness)
-> copy that number to said bytes.

Oh, and even better : when you skip steps like this, beating the next step will automatically give you every reward you should have had for previous steps ! Try changing thoses to bytes to "FF FF" (should be "9C 0F" if you don't want any overflow, but it doesn't seem to change anything IG) and beat step 999 (you may need a bit of items for this one), and you'll unlock every single reward available for this challenge (basically there aren't any reward past step ~200) !

Edit: It should look like that for the 50th step :
Gkhauo6

Although Delibird is ridiculously easy; even at Stage Level 999 isn't a challenge at all, unlike Giratina...

Reactions: Madridi

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As expected, the current Delibird escalation Battle (and probably, every future Escalation) works the same way as the previous ones.
Yeah, at this point I think anytime an excalation battle is set on the first Special stage slot the offset will be the same. Actually, everytime I saw an excalation battle it was on slot 1 so unless 2 are released at the same time it should probably always be true.

Btw, do you know if some made a recap of current knowledge about shuffle's savefile structure ? There are still a couple things that bugs me, but I'm demotivated due to my lack of global understanding of it (PSSE's code helps but it's really hard to read/understand :P).

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IVE BEEN out of the recent updates for a while,using the hax doesnt seem to work, anymore should i redownload it. the browser hack says, this browser version is not usable. and the homescreen hax doesnt work. I am using the old 3DS, I was unaware of the changes it made.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IVE BEEN out of the recent updates for a while,using the hax doesnt seem to work, anymore should i redownload it. the browser hack says, this browser version is not usable. and the homescreen hax doesnt work. I am using the old 3DS, I was unaware of the changes it made.

As supercarotte said before, since 10.3 system version, Nintendo changed how the NNID sign-in works.

Since you're using MenuHax, you're at a lower firmware version, so you can't use any NNID services - and this includes eShop, and Shuffle Check-in.

If you update your system version, you will lose MenuHax, it stopped working past 10.1 system version.

So you have to choose.
- Stay where you are with Hax access and don't update your system, BUT can't update Shuffle;
or:
- Update your system, so you can update Shuffle, BUT will lose MenuHax access.

Unless you have another Hax access (OoTHax, IronHax, NinjHax), so if you follow certain steps (such as updating your payloads first), you can update.

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As supercarotte said before, since 10.3 system version, Nintendo changed how the NNID sign-in works.

Since you're using MenuHax, you're at a lower firmware version, so you can't use any NNID services - and this includes eShop, and Shuffle Check-in.

If you update your system version, you will lose MenuHax, it stopped working past 10.1 system version.

So you have to choose.
- Stay where you are with Hax access and don't update your system, BUT can't update Shuffle;
or:
- Update your system, so you can update Shuffle, BUT will lose MenuHax access.

Unless you have another Hax access (OoTHax, IronHax, NinjHax), so if you follow certain steps (such as updating your payloads first), you can update.
browser version 1.7616
system version 10.3.0-28u. So people with these versions are pretty much in the dark?

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
browser version 1.7616
system version 10.3.0-28u. So people with these versions are pretty much in the dark?

Yeah, exactly. You're out of luck now, only if you can track a copy of Ocarina of Time (but you will need a save dongle to install Hax on it), or if you buy an used copy of Cubic Ninja.

Do you have a New 3DS or an Old 3DS? With a New, you can still try to use BrowserHax, but isn't accurate from what I read in some topic elsewhere.

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, exactly. You're out of luck now, only if you can track a copy of Ocarina of Time (but you will need a save dongle to install Hax on it), or if you buy an used copy of Cubic Ninja.

Do you have a New 3DS or an Old 3DS? With a New, you can still try to use BrowserHax, but isn't accurate from what I read in some topic elsewhere.
its old, i ran out jewels and coins, during this composition, and thought i would psse, but now i cant even play, nor will i play it like "normal" since its very distracting and time consuming. i will check once and a while to see if O3DS can use these hacks again. I guess Nintendo is starting to catch up with the old 3ds hacks. Because i was away busy of school matters i was not aware of the recent changes made.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
its old, i ran out jewels and coins, during this composition, and thought i would psse, but now i cant even play, nor will i play it like "normal" since its very distracting and time consuming. i will check once and a while to see if O3DS can use these hacks again. I guess Nintendo is starting to catch up with the old 3ds hacks. Because i was away busy of school matters i was not aware of the recent changes made.

Under 10.3, the only options are NinjHax, IronHax, SmashHax or OoT3DHax :
NinjHax is overpriced (70$). A Sky3DS with a cubic ninja ROM will do the trick too, but it will cost 70$ too.
IronHax requires you to have downloaded the game before the 11th August 2015 (plus it's not usable as an entrypoint).
SmashHax requires the game, linux knowledge and a broadcasting device, but mostly it's pretty inconsistent : I never managed to make it work on my 3DS.
OoT3DHax requires the game + a save dongle/powersave (~70$). You'll need to keep the cartridge as your entrypoint, but you can borrow the save dongle from a friend.

Anyway, since there is no way for you to take advantage of your 10.1 FW, I'd say you can update to 10.3 since you've nothing to loose. Just use any of these whenever you'll want to install homebrews.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NinjHax is overpriced (70$). A Sky3DS with a cubic ninja ROM will do the trick too, but it will cost 70$ too.
IronHax requires you to have downloaded the game before the 11th August 2015 (plus it's not usable as an entrypoint).
SmashHax requires the game, linux knowledge and a broadcasting device, but mostly it's pretty inconsistent : I never managed to make it work on my 3DS.
OoT3DHax requires the game + a save dongle/powersave (~70$). You'll need to keep the cartridge as your entrypoint, but you can borrow the save dongle from a friend.

Anyway, since there is no way for you to take advantage of your 10.1 FW, I'd say you can update to 10.3 since you've nothing to loose. Just use any of these whenever you'll want to install homebrews.
i dont have any of those games, My firmware is already at 10.30 28 u. i guess ill have to wait and see if theres anyway around it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here. I can't seem to find anything on how to delete the "secure value" on Pokemon Shuffle. I'm using homebrew (OoT3DHax) to edit Pokemon Shuffle but nothing says on how to delete the secure value using the homebrew method. If someone could please help me out here, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. (I hope I'm posting in the right place...)

Last edited by Twilight Princess Midna,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm new here. I can't seem to find anything on how to delete the "secure value" on Pokemon Shuffle. I'm using homebrew (OoT3DHax) to edit Pokemon Shuffle but nothing says on how to delete the secure value using the homebrew method. If someone could please help me out here, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. (I hope I'm posting in the right place...)

Use this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

Or, even simpler, use svdt to backup/import your saves, it has an autopatching feature : https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

i dont have any of those games, My firmware is already at 10.30 28 u. i guess ill have to wait and see if theres anyway around it.
Yep, sorry about that but there's curently no other way to get homebrews running under 10.3.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

Or, even simpler, use svdt to backup/import your saves, it has an autopatching feature : https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

Yep, sorry about that but there's curently no other way to get homebrews running under 10.3.
iT SUCKS, because the last few competitions, there were always people using hacks, and they finally caught on to O3DS, i shouldve referred to this forum before i udpating.
ive been planning to get an N3DS though, because my o3ds is falling apart.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country

I just want to add that smealum added a OOTHAX installer to the homebrew starter pack now!
so you don't need powersave dongle so install it, just the game and a way to already run homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He has woke stds +2