Hardware psp3001 used to boot, but not after a shell swap. :(

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got a silver psp3001. i bought a nice green shell to swap for. after i swapped the complete shell (front and back), it no longer boots. i get a steady green light. the memory stick light blinks as if its reading the card. the screen does not come on. sometimes the psp will properly boot, usually when i press all kinds of buttons. every now and again, i can get into recovery mode. also, i can shut it off manually holding the power switch for almost 10 seconds. i tried to replace the home bar and the right button pad (the pad that is sticky stuck to the housing with the R, [], ^, and O buttons). ive sworn to psp that i will fix it, but i am failing it. ive totally dismantled the fking thing many times. ive cleaned all contacts that i could. i think a button is being repeatedly pressed automatically, thats why i tried to replace the homebar and right button pad. ive got a multimeter handy, im just not sure what to do next. ANY help will be greatly appreciated. thanks to all who read this.

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ive got a silver psp3001. i bought a nice green shell to swap for. after i swapped the complete shell (front and back), it no longer boots. i get a steady green light. the memory stick light blinks as if its reading the card. the screen does not come on. sometimes the psp will properly boot, usually when i press all kinds of buttons. every now and again, i can get into recovery mode. also, i can shut it off manually holding the power switch for almost 10 seconds. i tried to replace the home bar and the right button pad (the pad that is sticky stuck to the housing with the R, [], ^, and O buttons). ive sworn to psp that i will fix it, but i am failing it. ive totally dismantled the fking thing many times. ive cleaned all contacts that i could. i think a button is being repeatedly pressed automatically, thats why i tried to replace the homebar and right button pad. ive got a multimeter handy, im just not sure what to do next. ANY help will be greatly appreciated. thanks to all who read this.

Is there a way to disassemble it all again remove all buttons and try to turn it on ?

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I’ve tried that a few times. I even tried to boot the Psp with some components disconnected; ex, analog stick, right/left button pad, microphone, homebar, screen, and umd drive. All individually, of course. I’ve never worn a wrist strap when working on the Psp. I’m now wondering if I shocked something, but every now and again it’ll boot.

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. I’ve tried that a few times. I even tried to boot the Psp with some components disconnected; ex, analog stick, right/left button pad, microphone, homebar, screen, and umd drive. All individually, of course. I’ve never worn a wrist strap when working on the Psp. I’m now wondering if I shocked something, but every now and again it’ll boot.

I have the wrist strap nut have never worn ad well But I doubt it wad the reason of this problem.
What happens if you turn it on and hold home button? It seems more like a software problem

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im hoping its a software problem too. i get the same condition, the green light comes on and the memory card light flashes as if its reading. the green light stays solid. i have daveys infinity firmware on it. it was booting each time before i changed shells, then after, i get this. ill try to get it to boot, then reinstall the firmware sometime this weekend. also, for some weird reason, the psp will boot after a while. i mean it powers on, i get the green light, the ms seems to read, and i get a black screen. then, while i press and hold random button, the screen may come on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY