Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got an amazing little psp-1001. with cfw from darkalex 5.50 the latest one I could find and I found all the games and things I've wanted and they all play, no issues on startup....

the problem lies in continuing to play.. from time to time it'll completely freeze up then turn off...

It must be something I've done cause this doesn't seem to always happen with just 1 game, it happens extremely randomly in any of the many games that i've backed up..

Please someone reply and help

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, it just says 5.00 m33-6 I kinda thought it was 5.50 for some reason, but is there a way that I can check out the proper configuration of files or something so that I could make mine look just like it -game files, video files, music files? cause I only really need to make my PSP and seplugins look right, right?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Vahnyyz said:
I'm sorry, it just says 5.00 m33-6 I kinda thought it was 5.50 for some reason, but is there a way that I can check out the proper configuration of files or something so that I could make mine look just like it -game files, video files, music files? cause I only really need to make my PSP and seplugins look right, right?

lolwtf.if you thinking you want to get rid of the XMB menu, you cant. Its part of the firmware, what makes it run.

You could try IRShell.

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no no, i'm not trying to get rid of anything important, i just kinda need to know what my card configuration needs to look like so that my PSP doesn't freeze up completely and then turn off 10-15 seconds later in the middle of game play

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freezing of games can have to do with many things.

- Out of date firmware.
- Wrong settings.
- Corrupted ISO file.
- Defective memstick.

To lock out the problem you must try them 1 by 1.

The latest firmware out there is 5.50 GEN-D2 for the PSP 100x.
If you do not use the latest firmware you could face trouble.
Make sure you use the latest custom firmware.

I use the following settings:
In recovery I have in: Advanced --> Advanced configuration:
Plain modules in UMD/ISO (currently: Disabled)
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (currently: Disabled)

Also my driver is on M33.
And the clock speed for XMB and game are both on default.

Backup your memstick and format it using your PSP.
Try re-dumping \ downloading your ISO file. (From another source if possible)
And see if the game that you face trouble with still crashes.

If so you could try another memstick and see if that solves the problem.

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evil master, thank you sooooo so much, I really appreciate the help a lot. I'm going to try that right now and try to get everything working. Again thanks soooooo much

so I just look for this 5.50 driver, make sure my config is as you've got them and then I just put my cwcheat file in the seplugin folder and my games in the ISO and PSP>Game folder?

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vahnyyz said:
Evil master, thank you sooooo so much, I really appreciate the help a lot. I'm going to try that right now and try to get everything working. Again thanks soooooo much

so I just look for this 5.50 driver, make sure my config is as you've got them and then I just put my cwcheat file in the seplugin folder and my games in the ISO and PSP>Game folder?

Before you do anything crazy search google on: Update M33-6 to 5.50 GEN-D2.
That should give you a good look on how to do it and what files you need.

For the plugins they still go into the seplugin folder in 5.50 and games still in ISO folder.
Just make sure you always check or there is a new plugin for your firmware.
For example the game categories plugin from 5.00 M33 causes trouble on 5.50.
So in this case you will need to download a version that runs on 5.50.

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, i'll make sure to do that then, thanks again
smile.gif

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, so this is what happened...

I Updated it, reformatted and moved my rar'd games over..

but the game still freezes up..

I've made sure that the games I backup.. are "fixed" so that there shouldn't be any issue..

but for example Undead Knights even though I know its been fixed its still freezing up randomly...

e.g. I'll leave the game running and not touch it for an extended amount of time and it'll run perfectly fine.. (1-3+hrs)

from which point i'll pick it up play for about 20 minutes and it'll continue to work till it just freezes randomly and turns off.

Then i'll restart and play from the beginning have no problem for a good half hour to an hour+ and then randomly again it'll freeze up.

Its not a time issue, nor is it an issue with saving because the saves work fine and continuing from that point allows me to get to the next time I would like to save. The games are fixed and i've tried multiple versions of the same one but yet it continues to do so..

I think it might be the configuration somewhere else because when i went to advanced it was just as you said you have it Mr. Evilmasters, also I've got 3 different Memsticks 1 4gb 1 16gb and 1 32gb comprised of 2 16gb micro sd cards that as of yet have not given me any issues anywhere else

could the problem actually be my psp? or is there some other configuration that could solve this problem?

************************************************NEW NEW NEW NEW******************************************************************

SO! I was trying to connect to the interwebz and everytime I try (cause I alternate the switch on the left), it states that the WLAN switch on the PSPtm system is not turned on.

so does that mean my PSP is knackered?

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Life is most depressing when you're not sure your stuff is slightly out of date or not..

If/when someone responds to my last post, please let me know or an email to this avatar/username whatever dealio would be awesome

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Vahnyyz said:
ok, so this is what happened...

I Updated it, reformatted and moved my rar'd games over..

If they are in .rar you have to extract it....
When was the last time you formatted your ms?
And update to GEN D2? Might be your firmware.

QUOTE(Vahnyyz @ Nov 18 2009, 09:18 PM) SO! I was trying to connect to the interwebz and everytime I try (cause I alternate the switch on the left), it states that the WLAN switch on the PSPtm system is not turned on.

so does that mean my PSP is knackered?

rofl2.gif
thats because the WLAN switch is not turned on (like it says) pleaserefertothemanual.

left hand switch next to where you put the memory card

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Evilmaster1985 said:
I think he means even tho he switches on and off his WLAN button.
His PSP detects it is off no mather he swaps it up or down.

Correct me if Iam wrong.
smile.gif

well if it's that matter.

It's his firmware. It happened to my cousin's PSP.
Re-install M33, or go onto GEN D

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, so yea the new ms is brand new and i formatted using the PSP, cause I thought thats how I was supposed to..

and yea I have switched the wlan to on and off several times but it still won't connect.

finally how would I get the firmware down to m33 again? I wouldn't mind doing it but it would be best to have the right way to do it then to mess everything up again

thanks for everything

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Vahnyyz said:
ok, so yea the new ms is brand new and i formatted using the PSP, cause I thought thats how I was supposed to..

and yea I have switched the wlan to on and off several times but it still won't connect.

finally how would I get the firmware down to m33 again? I wouldn't mind doing it but it would be best to have the right way to do it then to mess everything up again

thanks for everything

well you could do what i did to try out 6.20

Download PSPgrader and UPTv5.0.2. Make your MS and MMS, change your battery to a pandora, and then downgrade. Once done, change your battery back into a normal one.

Vahnyyz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol, ok so i download these 2 things and this makes my memory stick into a mega memory stick? lol

i also change my battery into a pandora and use that to downgrade my firmware and once i'm done that change the battery back?

I'm a total dunce at this stuff I was able to get a premodified psp so I'm not as savvy as someone that's had the experience on making the battery or converting it back from 1 battery to another

=\

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Vahnyyz said:
lol, ok so i download these 2 things and this makes my memory stick into a mega memory stick? lol

i also change my battery into a pandora and use that to downgrade my firmware and once i'm done that change the battery back?

I'm a total dunce at this stuff I was able to get a premodified psp so I'm not as savvy as someone that's had the experience on making the battery or converting it back from 1 battery to another

=\

yes. but its called a magic memory stick not mega.
and only works with real not fake memory cards.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
if you still have d2 firmware stay on it! why'd you want to go to a lower firmware with ower compatability is beyond me, and the wifi switch seems to me like it's came off the catch. does it move around freely or is it still clicky?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: