Hardware PSP Vita questions

slayerdx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm checking Amazon for the "3G Launch Bundle" and the "First Edition Bundle". Which one is a better deal? I assume the 3G launch Bundle is because you get to download any free game you want and the system of both bundles are the same. The 3G Launch Bundle also includes a 8gb memory, while first edition is only 4?

Also do you have to have a contract with At&T. That was never made very clear. If I buy 3G can I just run the wifi?

Kisho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm checking Amazon for the "3G Launch Bundle" and the "First Edition Bundle". Which one is a better deal? I assume the 3G launch Bundle is because you get to download any free game you want and the system of both bundles are the same. The 3G Launch Bundle also includes a 8gb memory, while first edition is only 4?

Also do you have to have a contract with At&T. That was never made very clear. If I buy 3G can I just run the wifi?
The only good thing about "First Edition Bundle" is that you get it a week early. You get to download any free game if you get a plan for 3G. They can't force you to buy 3G for it, so yeah you can just use wifi for it.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 8GB, access to one playstation network game, and dataconnect pass was added recently to the 3G model as a limited time offer. While the 1st edition bundle only had the ps network game and dataconnect pass added.

Is the limited edition PS Vita case, Lil Deviants, a 4GB smaller memorycard, and a week 'earlier North America release' date worth the extra $50 is up to you.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the "free PlayStation network game" hasn't been announced yet - no one knows what game it will be. Also, the wording of the rules implies that you have to pay for a month of 3G service and then you can redeem your free month of service after that, and your free PSN (or SEN if you prefer) game is redeemable after being on the 3G service for 30 days. Sony's really keeping people in the dark on a lot of this stuff and it's pissing me off.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the wording of the rules implies that you have to pay for a month of 3G service and then you can redeem your free month of service after that, and your free PSN (or SEN if you prefer) game is redeemable after being on the 3G service for 30 days. Sony's really keeping people in the dark on a lot of this stuff and it's pissing me off.
Not sure where you read about having 3G service for 30 days. The Playstation blog mentions it is available upon 3G registeration.

The limited edition 3G model does come with a dataconnect pass which last for 250MB use or 30 days which ever come first. It will probably have a auto-renewal so you may want to cancel. If the game is redeemable after 30 days of registeration that would be total crap.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, the wording of the rules implies that you have to pay for a month of 3G service and then you can redeem your free month of service after that, and your free PSN (or SEN if you prefer) game is redeemable after being on the 3G service for 30 days. Sony's really keeping people in the dark on a lot of this stuff and it's pissing me off.
Not sure where you read about having 3G service for 30 days. The Playstation blog mentions it is available upon 3G registeration.

The limited edition 3G model does come with a dataconnect pass which last for 250MB use or 30 days which ever come first. It will probably have a auto-renewal so you may want to cancel. If the game is redeemable after 30 days of registeration that would be total crap.

From the Amazon product description fine print, emphasis mine:

Includes:
- Includes: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System + 8GB Memory Card + AT&T DataConnect Session Pass + Free PSN Game*
- Bonus $55 Value!
- Play with your friends when you want and in more places with the AT&T Mobile Broadband Network.**

*Promotional Offer expires May 31, 2012. Redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not transferable, nor redeemable. Limit one per customer. Offer for purchasers of Sony PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only. Your promotional 250 MB session automatically starts upon expiration of your 1st session plan, if you have activated the redemption code. Offer redeemed is for 250MB DataConnect Pass session only, regardless if you are on the 250MB or 3GB DataConnect Pass plan.) AT&T not responsible for taxes or lost redemption codes. Plans automatically renew, so after your promotional session expires, automatic renewal of your 1st DataConnect Pass plan selected will take effect and you are responsible for charges, unless you cancel auto-renewal before the plan renews. DataConnect Pass Plan: Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or your allotted data is used, whichever occurs first, your data access will cease. Coverage not available in all areas. For information on prepaid data plans, visit att.com/buyasession and for full terms, see Session Based Wireless Data Service Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

**Mobile Broadband access requires DataConnect Pass plan for other specified devices. Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation, whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or the allotted data is used, whichever comes first, your data access will cease. 30 day domestic plans automatically renew, unless you cancel auto-renewal. Fees are non-refundable. For full terms see Data Connect Pass Wireless Data Services Agreement on www.att.com/wirelesslegal. Mobile broadband coverage not available in all areas.

Here's how to activate your complimentary DataConnect session:
• Select the Connect to AT&T icon
• Select the Start icon
• Select Go to AT&T's Website
• Select DataConnect Pass
• Login with existing userid and password
• Expand "My Devices and Plans" in account overview
• Select your device
• Select "Add a Plan"
• Select "You have earned coupons(s), would you like to redeem?"
• Follow the screen instructions to redeem.

Free game when you activate an AT&T DataConnect Pass*:

Game at the speed of your mobile life style when you want and in more places. Your new PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi, connected by the AT&T Mobile Broadband Network, will change the way you play with continuous access in more places to your gaming community. Experience news feeds, multiplayer gaming, location based gifting, and PS Vita to PS3 system game play.

1. Select and sign up for an AT&T DataConnect Pass plan.
2. Login to your PlayStation Network account on your PS Vita.
3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation, you will receive a game voucher code redeemable on the PlayStation Store.
*For details and limitations go to us.playstation.com/psvita

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the Amazon product description fine print, emphasis mine:

Your promotional 250 MB session automatically starts upon expiration of your 1st session plan, if you have activated the redemption code.

1. Select and sign up for an AT&T DataConnect Pass plan.
2. Login to your PlayStation Network account on your PS Vita.
3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation, you will receive a game voucher code redeemable on the PlayStation Store.
*For details and limitations go to us.playstation.com/psvita

Good to know, am utterly confused by the wording and the information available.
I also misread and misunderstood you in your previous post.

I honestly don't know what I'd do with a 3G enable PS Vita, $15 for 250MB. Not sure if the game would be worth it either.
Getting off topic, is maps for GPS offline/parts can be cached for offline use?

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The wording is so backwards and confusing it's not even funny. I do have the Launch bundle preordered on Amazon though. I was getting the Wi-Fi version and an 8GB card anyway so I figured an extra $20 for the 3G and possibly a free unknown game was kind-of a no-brainer.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The wording is so backwards and confusing it's not even funny. I do have the Launch bundle preordered on Amazon though. I was getting the Wi-Fi version and an 8GB card anyway so I figured an extra $20 for the 3G and possibly a free unknown game was kind-of a no-brainer.
it's sony lawyerspeak. it's designed to be confusing. in the words of kaz hirai, "you'll want to get a 2nd degree in order to understand it" :)

slayerdx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:/ so let me get this straight. You have to enable the data pass, and you pay for the first 30 days. Then after 30 days you get a free vocher code for a game and a free AT&T service for 30 days.

Atleast it's good to know that other people are kinda in the dark about this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la