Hacking PSP shuts down when launching ISO game(s)

UsualNoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't used my CFW PSP in years (on 6.60 C2), got it out to try some games. I tried two: Burnout Legends and Patapon (both ISOs are on my memory stick adapter that uses two micro SD cards, 8 GB and 32 GB). For Burnout Legends, it reaches the EA logo, sits there, then the system shuts down. For Patapon, it goes through the intro and on the first loading screen (the blue tiki-guy) it hangs and also shuts the system down.

I tried changing ISO mode from Inferno to Sony to M2 but none made any difference. Any ideas what I can try next? Should I try a new micro SD card? It's odd to me that the shut down happens at exactly the same point in the game every time.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention, these are clean ISO rips from my original UMDs.

Last edited by UsualNoise,

UsualNoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I figured it out. I ended up replacing my 2 SD cards with a different single 32 GB card. Then I reinstalled the 6.60 CFW. After that the games are working again. I'm not sure if it was the SD card or the reinstallation that did it, but it's all good now. I will note that the system was so dead prior to charging that the date was gone. I'm not sure if that could have wiped out something CFW-related, but whatever. Works now!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, I think I figured it out. I ended up replacing my 2 SD cards with a different single 32 GB card. Then I reinstalled the 6.60 CFW. After that the games are working again. I'm not sure if it was the SD card or the reinstallation that did it, but it's all good now. I will note that the system was so dead prior to charging that the date was gone. I'm not sure if that could have wiped out something CFW-related, but whatever. Works now!

Hello.:)

Very good to hear you found the Issue and solved it by yourself,good Work.:yay:
Thank you for sharing your Solution with us,that was very kind from you.
It helps other Users in the Future for sure.

Now have Fun with your PSP and
Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill