PSP Save Error

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Windaga, May 31, 2011.

May 31, 2011

PSP Save Error by Windaga at 10:26 PM (1,772 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Windaga
    OP

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm playing through Persona on my PSP (the remake, not the original PSX title), and as of late, I'll sometimes get this error:

"Save Failed"
    (80110388)

Now, I've been using the same set up I have for the longest now, and I've never encountered this problem before. It will save - if I play around with it for a little while, but I'm worried that it'll mess up one of my saves. I'm not sure why it's doing this so suddenly, either - it just started last night. The first time it happened, the save file I was trying to save over was then labeled "Corrupt", but then I saved over that one, saved on a different slot (just in case the first one didn't work) restarted my PSP, and the first one worked. I'm able to turn my PSP off completely and turn it back on, but it's the actual saving process that's messing up. Is there any specific reason why this is happening?

I'm running Prome-2 on a PSP 1000, I believe. 8 gig micro sd (class 4 >

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    If disabling all your extraneous plugins doesn't remedy it then I'd wager it's the adapter and that with a regular Pro Duo you'd not have the issue. Those things just aren't reliable in the long term and can often fail at annoying intervals.

3. Windaga
    OP

United States
    Ah, well that's good to hear, I suppose. Thanks a lot, xist. I'll more likely than not just buy another one. Not that the problem doesn't bug me, but I don't feel like buying an 8 gig Pro Duo card. I don't play this thing enough to warrant one, I don't think.

Thanks again.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Obviously i can't state that 100%, all i can say is that i gave up on them due to similar connection issues.

Before you'll know for sure is there anyway you can test the exact same set up on a normal Pro Duo?

5. Windaga
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I can try. Though, the problem isn't a sure fire thing - I've saved a few times before and after the first time the error message occurred, and I didn't get it. I'll have to wait until tomorrow though, as the 2 Gig Pro Duo card I have is full and I have no way of backing it up at the moment. (Or transferring the save files, for that matter.)

The device itself only costs $2.60, with free shipping. I'll probably just order like, 3 from Amazon.com. Like I said, I don't use this thing enough to warrant purchasing a large memory stick, but 2 gigs is just too small.