Maybe's -
PoPoLoCrois
Monster Hunter
Legend of Heroes 1,2,3

Coming Later
Disgaea!!
Others...

Other
PSX Emulator, for all your PS1 RPG goodness.

Probably a bunch I have missed.

Reactions: Manny_Madao

zoharmodifier

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of yet, no good "original" PSP RPGs. This means I'm not counting ports or PSX emulated games.

You'll have to wait for Crisis Core like the rest of us
frown.gif

ChrisCrawford

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Valkyrie Profile is definatly one of my favorites, I own all 3 games. However it's not for everyone. Maybe I only liked the art because as a sprite artist I thought it was impressive and beutifull. The story is good but there isn't much story telling, and it's a littl weird. I'm also huge on Norse Mythology (though I don't like alot that they changed.)

Anyway if your looking for good RPG Gameplay with tons of challenging battles, that's one way to go. MC DUI has good recomendations.

I'm looking forward to the Disgaea and FFT ports.

Crisis Core will probly be good for most people. I hate the looks of the battle system though.

Other than that, there's alot of mediocre titles you can pick up, I like to play them sometimes. Games like The Legend of Heroes series. It's not great. But it's kinda fun when your in the mood for a really old school feeling rpg.

nileyg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Downloading Tales of Eternia, Valkyrie Profile, and LoH3 (are the stories related? cuz i was having problems finding the first 2)
Thanks for the recommendations
smile.gif

kaspal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
the LoH saga its good but its a lil lackin if you compare it with the PC counterparts (let alone the Graphics part)...

i really loved tales of eternia and VPL... good graphics, good stories and game paly...

i'd also reccomend Popolocrosis... but it feels a lil butchered.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get the Japanese version of the Final fantasy + Final fantasy II anniversary edition. It has a full english option.

KMC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspfanboy.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that Untold legends: Brotherhood of the blade, and Untold legends: Warrior within had some good ratings. It's an action RPG though, but it's pretty much the same thing. If you want something with a little more story i heard it's best you go with Kingdom of paradise. I don't understand what you mean by english though.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to have to say Monster Hunter Freedom is a great game. The lack of an infrastructure mode is remedied by using a third party program (Xlink Kai Evolution VII). The only major problem is that it as one of the steepest learning curves for any game I've seen. It literally throws you into the middle of the "story" with no real explanation of things. The tutorials don't really help in the over arcing play. I definitely recommend it, if you have questions I'm sure there are people here who are willing to help including myself.

I cannot wait for the Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RPGS are terrible on the PSP. They really need to work on that genre.

Now its not the PSP's fault. Right now most RPGs are just plain lousy. The genre is flooded with crap. And its one of my favorite genres. So sad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1