Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a bit new to this psp business. I've been hearing that M33-6 is the way to go concerning emu's, and then I've read elsewhere that they both play emu's fine. My question is this. Do all of the emu's included in the first package play equally well in Gen d3 as they do in M33-6?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a compatability guide for GPSP anywhere? I've noticed a few games that don't work properly, or simply not at all. So far...

- Mario Golf slows down beyond belief and becomes unplayable when you're actually playing golf.
- Sonic Advance 1+2 suffer from slow-down, it's tolerable but irritating.
- Robot Wars Extreme Destruction doesn't get past the title screen.

That's all I've discovered thus far. Do the following games work without incident?

- Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, 5 and 6.
- Golden Sun
- Racing Gears
- Pokemon Ruby
- Fire Emblem
- Castlevania series

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
for golden sun it works and all but theres a bit of a slowdown which is quick as soon as you strike a monster. thats the only problem I know but there maybe some more idk

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Blaze163 said:
I never got any lag from either of these games.

It's not very common, but every now and then the music will slow down a bit and the animation stutters. It's momentary and little more than an irritation, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to avoid it. But so long as Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy and Racing Gears work, I should be fine. I know Mario Kart works, even though strangely enough the SNES original slows down to the point where I'm overtaken by a 95 year old snail pulling a tractor.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
prowler_ said:
Blaze163 said:

It's not very common, but every now and then the music will slow down a bit and the animation stutters. It's momentary and little more than an irritation, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to avoid it. But so long as Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy and Racing Gears work, I should be fine. I know Mario Kart works, even though strangely enough the SNES original slows down to the point where I'm overtaken by a 95 year old snail pulling a tractor.
I have never had any problems playing Castlevania or Sonic Advance. I haven't tried those other games.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Magmorph said:
Blaze163 said:
prowler_ said:
Blaze163 said:

I have never had any problems playing Castlevania or Sonic Advance. I haven't tried those other games.

hmm same here, i played sonic advance a couple of months ago and the game was fine, maybe it's his memory card?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Magmorph said:
Blaze163 said:
prowler_ said:
Blaze163 said:

hmm same here, i played sonic advance a couple of months ago and the game was fine, maybe it's his memory card?

If it helps, I'm using a Sandisk 1GB mem card. It was pre-owned so maybe it has seen its fair share of action. Should I perhaps format it and move all the files back, or should I just wait til Wednesday when I'll probably be getting an 8GB card anyway?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
If it helps, I'm using a Sandisk 1GB mem card. It was pre-owned so maybe it has seen its fair share of action. Should I perhaps format it and move all the files back, or should I just wait til Wednesday when I'll probably be getting an 8GB card anyway?

i have a 8gb sandisk and it runs fine with that, make sure your memory card is not fake by checking that it has magic gate support, go into settings and look there,if you buy a new memory card online, only buy from proper websites like amazon.com or even better go to the high street and buy from a store so you don't get a fake memory card, NEVER buy from ebay or amazon marketplace, there are loads of fake memory cards there.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a new 4GB mem card from Gamestation today, a red Sandisk 4GB. Looks legit to me. GS tend to be pretty good for that sort of thing in my area anyway.

Been meaning to ask. I never managed to get Sensible Soccer from the Mega Drive/Genesis working on the Jenesis emulator on my Cyclo DS Evolution. Is there a way to get it working on a PSP? Just my brother is a BIG Sensible Soccer fan.

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you save games in nester j? every time I try I can't pull up the menu and pushing the R button seems to freeze the rom

I might just go back to nes ds that worked fine

edit
never mind. I torrented a better version when you highlight it it plays the first nintendo commercial and when you load it goes straight to full screen and saves perfectly

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to access the menu in Nester-J you just press Left on the analog stick. the R button is the rewind button, you hold it to rewind the game.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Whom It May Concern:

I was pretty bummed the first time I tried to load the NES game Jackal with NesterJ. After selecting the game the screen goes gray and freezes...or does it? If you leave the game sit on the gray screen for about 12 seconds the title screen appears and the game plays fine. Just a heads up to anyone who runs into this on Jackal or any other NES game
wink.gif

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I been watching videos on youtube about all this stuff and I have a few questions.

1. I noticed some emulators run slowly. Is this fixed or are there updates that run better? N64, PSX, SNES, GBA.

2. I also noticed there is a DS emulator. Does it run slowly too? How do the touch screen games work?

3. What can be done to prevent some lag or slowness when playing the games? Are the games still playable or does it lag enough to make it undesirable?

4. Are there updates frequently?

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
I been watching videos on youtube about all this stuff and I have a few questions.

1. I noticed some emulators run slowly. Is this fixed or are there updates that run better? N64, PSX, SNES, GBA. SNES and GBA run fine with the exception of a small handful of games on each. PSX depends highly on which game/region/etc... Most PSX games can be played 100% by just adjusting the GameID or experimenting with different POPS versions. N64 is still in its infancy. A few games are playable but slow. When a "stable" revision of DaedalusX64 is released I'll add it to the first post.

2. I also noticed there is a DS emulator. Does it run slowly too? Yes it does. How do the touch screen games work? They don't. It is top-screen emulation for games where you can get by without using the touch screen.

3. What can be done to prevent some lag or slowness when playing the games? Are the games still playable or does it lag enough to make it undesirable? GBA, NES, Genesis, Gameboy, GameGear, TG-16, SMS, all run great. SNES runs great also however there are some issues with games that utilize special chips. PSX games run great once you find the correct settings. Just google PSX on PSP Compatibility for a wiki with details. Generally, emulators have an option to adjust cpu speed. If you're having slowdown issues you could always try adjusting that.

4. Are there updates frequently? Not too often right now. They seem to come in splurges.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering
smile.gif
I know this is off topic but how do I access like the settings for my PSP? When turning it on I am told I have to push certain buttons in order to access a reboot or reconfiguration menu. I want to know that way I might need it in the future incase I need to change something.

As for what I wanted to play mostly.

Zelda Majoras Mask
smile.gif
Never played it before and if it is decent I will grab the N64 emulator. Also a ton of PSX games that are recommended to be great.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
He means the Right Shoulder button.

Also Daedalusx64 is rubbish....just get a Wii, a Nintendo 64 or an Xbox if you want to play those games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom