PSP Repair?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by FlashX007, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010

PSP Repair? by FlashX007 at 10:26 PM (864 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Does anybody do PSP repairs? If so PM me. Thanks if somebody can I did not post on trading forum because I was not sure if it would work. Anyways yeah this would help if anybody can repair PSP.

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    What's wrong with your PSP?

3. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Possible power fuse problems. PM me later and I will specify because I am not on the computer right now. DSi web browser can't copy and paste.

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    If it's the PSP not charging then plug the USB port to your PC or laptop to charge.

5. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    Problems:
    Wont turn on (Green power light Flashes on and off, most likely a blown fuse I would think)
    Random Freezing ( not sure what causes this, but sometimes when playing a game or anything the system will freeze and you have to take the battery out to turn on again.)

I think the freezing may be caused by a short somewhere, but am unsure about it, but I played the system for about 4 or 5 months before the freezing started occurring again so it may just be something weird in it.

Screen has a deep scratch, doesn't effect playing games all that much in my opinion, but is there and faceplates are quite cheap now if you look in the right places. Also so less noticeable scratches on on the screen.

The reason it has most of the problems is because when I got it off my friend it had been through 5 or 6 people before my friend so, I am sure some did nit take the best care of it.

6. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    if you are using custom firmware it could be your plugins causing the problems.
    i had this happen a few times with the blinking light and the constant freezing just had to disable a plugin.
    i forget which one it was but it worked fine after i deleted the pesky .prx file in my seplugins folder.
    you will still catch the occasional freeze it happens with custom firmware from time to time in my experience.

7. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    This was the psp, I traded FlashX007 and the CFW did not cause the flashing green light took out the card and put a normal battery in it and still did it. And as for the freezing on CFW that occurred before I put CFW on it so it is a hardware problem somewhere in it.

Hoping you can get it fixed before September Flash, so you can enjoy it a little at least.

8. FlashX007
    OP

United States
    I do too. Is 5.53 D3 Gen firmware the latest and most compatible?