PSP repair shops?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Rogue_Ninja, Jul 19, 2009.

Jul 19, 2009

PSP repair shops? by Rogue_Ninja at 12:26 AM (1,020 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Rogue_Ninja
    OP

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can anyone point me to a reliable site that does psp repair. I was playing DBZ and broke the joystick so now say i was playing DBZ the character would automatically be moving forward. I took it apart and unhooked the joystick and removed it but that did not help. My poor psp has sat for a while now so any help is great.

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You didn't break the analog stick, and you don't remove it to repair it. You take the faceplate off, and next to the screen (on the left side, toward the bottom of the PSP), there is a clear rubber strip, pop that out, clean it off, and pop it back in. If that doesn't work, just buy a new analog stick from somewhere like dealextreme (they have free shipping, and the stick shouldn't cost you more than $2.00).

3. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    so it is stuck all the way forward? or just a little bit?

mine was stuck all the way to the side once, and a lot of force and a lottle wiggling in the opposite direction it was stuck caused it to pop back int the neutral position. you cant really break something that is already broken, so dont worry about breaking it =P

new analog sticks can be bought at deal extreme for under $5 i think, if the above doesnt work, dont waste money on hiring someone to fix it, unless you really dont trust yourself with a screwdriver

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the only problem with buying it from DX, they dont sell the rubber piece with it that connects the analog stick to the psp mobo
    the rubber piece tends to were out

5. Rogue_Ninja
    OP

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States

Ill give this a try and see what happens.