Hacking PSP or PS VITA?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is this for emulation? Because frankly, the New 3DS is a better option than the PSP for emulation these days.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go for a Vita.
It can play PSP games + PSP homebrew and Vita games + Vita homebrew.
SD2Vita cards aren't that expensive and they work proper (not to mention you can eject the microSD and make a backup of it)

Tho, if your Vita isn't activated, you'll have to wait until Sept for Flow to release an Adrenaline build that can work with unactivated ones.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want something super portable, I would take the psp go. But finding M2 memory cards is a pain. No idea on how to replace the battery.
The regular PSP is fine for most stuff; with micro sd adapters easily available. Battery is easy to replace but finding good batteries is getting way harder and cost as much as the used console to replace if you get a sony one.
Vita is new enough not to need a new battery yet; but no idea how to replace it. Need to get a 3.60 or below one to use homebrew. Locked out of newer games if you homebrew. I like the oled screen better on the older model then the psps screens. Not sure about the newer vita model. Micro SD card adapters only work with homebrew enabled vitas. So if you do go official expect to pay $$$ for memory card.

Cheapergamer

Trophies
Website
cheapergamer.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say vita. Screen is better imo and with firmware 3.6 and sd2vita I've barely touched my Switch since.

If you are having trouble finding a Vita on firmare 3.6 you can buy motherboards from Aliexpress for around £20.

Another option is the PS TV... play all your PSP games using a Dualshock 4!

Last edited by Cheapergamer,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

xflamer234

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Make sure u buy the vita on amazon.Ensure that it is new as well or buy the boderlands 2 bundle and you'll be set.

8bitRetro16bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going for ps vita.
I'm buying one next week off ebay.

I'm aiming for pch 1000, the screen looks better but the battery life ok compared to pch 2000. the 2000 lcd, I don't luke it.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, a great way to find older Vitas is to hit up the pawn shops in your area. Just know that most pawn shops are open 9a-5p for financial reasons. They will let you inspect the system before purchase. Although, pawn shops tend to offer in store credit for returns, not cash. Good luck!

Reactions: 8bitRetro16bit

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going for ps vita.
I'm buying one next week off ebay.

I'm aiming for pch 1000, the screen looks better but the battery life ok compared to pch 2000. the 2000 lcd, I don't luke it.

you can also do an extended battery mod with the non 3G 100X models. I still have my launch vita I did that to and the battery takes about 5 hours to hit 25%. gotta love good ol high power cellphone batteries.

Reactions: 8bitRetro16bit

8bitRetro16bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also do an extended battery mod with the non 3G 100X models. I still have my launch vita I did that to and the battery takes about 5 hours to hit 25%. gotta love good ol high power cellphone batteries.
oh really?!?!

you guys are really cool with this type of info.

I was about to say " damn I need that stupid power bank for it 25 bucks"

how about the 3g version? can it be done too?

DaveC1964

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh really?!?!

you guys are really cool with this type of info.

I was about to say " damn I need that stupid power bank for it 25 bucks"

how about the 3g version? can it be done too?

Vita. The screen is MUCH better than the PSP. It has 4x the resolution. That may not sound important if you are emulation old systems but it IS. The higher the resolution the finer the dot pitch meaning scaling artifacts are less noticeable. It is good enough that in many cases you can shut off that god awful bi-linear blur that the PSP needs to make scaling look less blocky. If you get the OLED one it has pure blacks and colors that pop as well.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the OP has decided but I'm going to add one more thing for others that have the same question. With Adrenaline the PS1 emulation provides right analog stick support for games that support it natively. Also, with a plugin you can play some PSP games with the camera mapped to the right analog stick like the GTA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle