Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
Tikker said:
lets hear your list

I've yet to run into a PSP game I'd call great, let alone amazing

god, don't get me started.
lecture.gif

seriously tho, I'd love to hear a list of amazing exclusives. I picked up a PSP mostly for the sports titles, PSX emulation, and multimedia

I'd love to hear about some awesome titles I've overlooked

D

Deleted User

Loco Roco, Patapon, (Patapon2 and LocoRoco2 But they're not out yet, but they look great), Crisis Core, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Legendia 2, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Disgaea PSP (has exclusive features, and I don't consider the DS game at all, so your request of exclusivity is fulfilled), WipEout Pulse, Grand Theft Auto Liberty/Vice City Stories (2 games there
tongue.gif
), Gitaroo Man Lives!, Me and My Katamari, and Sonic Rivals 1+2 which are far better than the crappy Rush games on DS (at least, in my opinion). SOCOM FTB 2, PaRappa the Rapper (debatable), flOw (PSN title. not really a game exactly but fun!), all the PSP Megaman games

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Loco Roco, Patapon, (Patapon2 and LocoRoco2 But they're not out yet, but they look great), Crisis Core, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Legendia 2, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Disgaea PSP (has exclusive features, and I don't consider the DS game at all, so your request of exclusivity is fulfilled), WipEout Pulse, Grand Theft Auto Liberty/Vice City Stories (2 games there
tongue.gif
), Gitaroo Man Lives!, Me and My Katamari, and Sonic Rivals 1+2 which are far better than the crappy Rush games on DS (at least, in my opinion). SOCOM FTB 2, PaRappa the Rapper (debatable), flOw (PSN title. not really a game exactly but fun!), all the PSP Megaman games

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mehenry said:
Psp is getting ff13 what is the ds getting
tongue.gif

Dragon Quest 9~

as well as DQ 4.5.6

Posts merged

QUOTE(Law @ Oct 18 2008, 04:49 PM) Moral of the story:

Get whichever one you prefer. They're both excellent. Ignore trolls and fanboys.

They're different enough, and have different enough content that you can't go wrong with both, if you can afford it

D

Deleted User

IBNobody said:
warmijwilfaain said:
tongue.gif
), Gitaroo Man Lives!, Me and My Katamari, and Sonic Rivals 1+2 which are far better than the crappy Rush games on DS (at least, in my opinion). SOCOM FTB 2, PaRappa the Rapper (debatable), flOw (PSN title. not really a game exactly but fun!), all the PSP Megaman games _>

Echochrome as well is pretty good btw

Kutski

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i own both psp with 4.01 m33-2 and a ds with M3 DS REAL .

And there both good however psp is a damn lot harer to hack as you might need a pandoras battery.
In My opinion psp has graphics the ds has gameplay.

But Have a look round... look on you tube for vids of psp cfw.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Whoops, I meant Tales of Destiny 2... which is... er, PS2. Still though, for a handheld, it's exclusive. Playing console games on a handheld is pretty neat
tongue.gif

Also for LCS and VCS, I forgot they were on PS2 now as well >_>

Echochrome as well is pretty good btw

Echochrome is also on the PS3.
tongue.gif

But you've hit on the big complaint / benefit of the PSP.

You can play console games on a handheld. It's good if you've never played the originals on the PS1/PS2 or if you don't mind replaying games you've beaten before. (In my case, I never played the PS2's Disgaea.) Things aren't all that cheery on the PSP's console ability, though. The PSP has a disadvantage in that PS2 ports or style games don't always map very well to the PSP's single-analog-stick-and-2-shoulder-button control scheme (MGS:PO).

The PSP can run emulators better than the DS, but again, emulation is only good if you've never played the originals.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
What makes a good console/handheld................. this is the ultimate question?

Some say its specs

Some the games library

And others its homebrew & emulators

One thing is for sure here and that is if the console in question has a poor quality or amount of games its never going to do very well, just take a look at the N64... Great system and some great games but there are not a lot of games out for it and it didn't do too wll and thats not the ps1's fault (well mabey a little!).

So the psp is powerful and looks ok but its quite large, not a great amount of games and even less interest from game developers, But has great emulator support and homebrew community (for now).

The DS is way way under powered but keeps cost down and easier for games developers to make games on, Touch screen..microphone...backward compatability from the original gameboy upto gba (GB/GBC through emulators @ almost 100% emulation).

Its all just a matter of taste and what your into, i personally would love the ds to have the guts of the psp inside it but with all features of the ds.

I owned a psp and got sick of the games on it and thought the gta series on it looked bad but i am comparing to ps2 and for that reason i didn't like it , Since getting my ds and 2 supercards (slot1/2) i have been a happy gamer mostly with new games out practically daily.

I wouldn't call my self a ds or any other fanboy but if you asked me what system to purchase i would say hands down : NINTENDO DS with CYCLODS and EZ3 in 1 (£150) and thats it!!!!!!!!!!

paul

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i have both PSP and DS equally long and i am planning getting both ps3 and xbox360 ~! therefore, i don't think i am a fanboy.... and it would be better i explain my perspective before i go into details on PSP and DS

when come to console/handheld i am a gamer that favour RPG and any sort of genre's as long as it is nice and enjoyable game ~! FPS or hack slash is for PC

nice game to me doesn't necessary have to be good graphic~! and good graphic does not mean nice game to me
smile.gif
it is more about enjoyment, storyline and interesting

PSP
i use it for emulators~! nes, snes, ps~! simply wonderful~!

i don't use my PSP to play those graphic intensive/good visual games~! (i am a FF fan but i yet to play FF7 crisis core and other major RPG)

i only play those interesting games like patapon, yuusha no namaikida, n+, locoroco, lumixes and etc
smile.gif

the multimedia/internet part .... is useless for me~! nothing is better than my PC, LCD TV or even my cellphone can do almost the same

DS
although there are lots of rubbish game out there... but every 10 rubbish game there will be 1 nice game for DS~! that is how i perceive it~!

one thing i dis about DS is the storyline/gameplay is somehow lacking~! well what can i expect when the biggest game is 256mb to date~! and most of the game out there.. is around 32 - 64mb~! hopfully dragon quest 9 won't be dissapointing since rumour it is a two catridge game~!

there are also lots of different genre's of game for DS which PSP is lacking~! furthermore, DS is getting supports from the third party developers which PSP is lacking~!

Verdict:- DS for gamers' like me, PSP for gamers' who like graphics/multimedia

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
One thing is for sure here and that is if the console in question has a poor quality or amount of games its never going to do very well, just take a look at the N64... Great system and some great games but there are not a lot of games out for it and it didn't do too wll and thats not the ps1's fault (well mabey a little!).

Was the N64 really that bad? I got it not long after it was first released (after the first series of price cuts) and I must say those were some of the best days in the era of old games. They do have a very good selection of games, and whilst I admit they have some issues (regarding the expansion pack mostly), it was a bucketload of fun to play. Even today, I'd still say that Chameleon Twist, SSB, Mario Party 1 and Mario Tennis are still some of the best party games available (that said, I don't have a Wii, so I can't testify to the Wii versions of these games). Even Pokemon Stadium was fun to play with the Clafairy minigames.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
everyone who is saying the psp has better graphics - does your games have a lot of motion blur? mine do on my phat and it doesn't do the gfx any justice... is there a fix for this?

on topic: i think they are both great. although the only thing i'm using my psp for is ffvii (great ps1 emulation!). i think the ds has better games. e.g worms 2 is a lot better on ds, on psp it just feels slow and clunky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night