• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends on you. PSP has far better specs, but the DS has got the touch screen. And anyway there are loads of polls like this, you could have read one of the existing ones instead of creating a new one.

Tormendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Absynthe said:
It depends on you. PSP has far better specs, but the DS has got the touch screen. And anyway there are loads of polls like this, you could have read one of the existing ones instead of creating a new one.
yes you right. I think:
The DS is better because it has the better games.^^

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In my opinion you should take the PSP if you like a lot of racing/FPS games (sure there are other games but there are a lot of FPS/racing games) and good graphics or want to play old PS1 games/Snes (DS can emulate snes too, but PSP emulation is near perfect, DS isn't)
If you want more good games in different genres and doesn't care much about graphics + like a touchscreen -> go DS

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gaming wise, the DS is a much better system (or rather, has many many more good titles)

multimedia wise, the psp PWNs the DS, not even close here

I have both, and use both daily

pepsibluehawk87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have both. And it really depends on what you like. Fun games like mario and sonic = DS. Serious games like tekken and gta = PSP. But all in all, if I were you I'd try and have both. Because as soon as you get your PSP a couple days later you'll miss your DS. (speaking from personal experience)

Jbob3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For multimedia, easy homebrew enableing, great graphics, and a so-so library
yaypsp.gif

For a great library, dual screen playing, and a kickass 2-1 deal with the gba slot
yaynds.gif

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jbob3 said:
For multimedia, easy homebrew enableing, great graphics, and a so-so library
yaypsp.gif

For a great library, dual screen playing, and a kickass 2-1 deal with the gba slot
yaynds.gif

Isn't it easier to enable the DS to homebrew than the PSP?

I mean a AK2 costs 12 $ on DX, or even the DSTT costs 10 $...any premade pandora would be more expensive I guess :/

and not anyone has a friend with a hacked PSP

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I own both and I am keeping both,

I see the PSP as a portable console, and the DS as a portable handheld.

It really depends on what kind of games you like, the PSP has far more serious/mature games compared to the DS, DS on the other hand, has a lot of kiddy-looking games, each on their own.

Raki said:
I mean a AK2 costs 12 $ on DX, or even the DSTT costs 10 $...any premade pandora would be more expensive I guess :/
DX has premade pandora at 9~12$.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I own two of each (Phat and Slim/Lite). I agree with all of the above - DS for its titles and innovation (pokemon, mario, sonic, kirby) and PSP for its power (graphics, emulation, homebrew, wifi, etc).

My only complaint (which applies for both) is the lack of cooperative play. I want a game which I can get together with my friends and play through over Wifi. Monster hunter was good in this way, but got repetitive very quickly. I've yet to find more games that can do it, but I've got my hopes up for Phantasy Star Portable. It's a shame I can't read Japanese.

Btw, it is MUCH easier to use a flashcart in DS than it is to flash a PSP with CFW, and so much can go wrong in the PSP to brick it. Even so, follow the instructions, and all will go well.

D

Deleted User

Originality said:
I own two of each (Phat and Slim/Lite). I agree with all of the above - DS for its titles and innovation (pokemon, mario, sonic, kirby) and PSP for its power (graphics, emulation, homebrew, wifi, etc).

My only complaint (which applies for both) is the lack of cooperative play. I want a game which I can get together with my friends and play through over Wifi. Monster hunter was good in this way, but got repetitive very quickly. I've yet to find more games that can do it, but I've got my hopes up for Phantasy Star Portable. It's a shame I can't read Japanese.

Btw, it is MUCH easier to use a flashcart in DS than it is to flash a PSP with CFW, and so much can go wrong in the PSP to brick it. Even so, follow the instructions, and all will go well.

Phantasy Star Portable isn't wifi... is it?
unsure.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:

Well thats true to an extent, Yes the DS is easy to get homebrew running, but getting CFW on the PSP is now stupid easy, (Unless you create the pandora battery yourself) That was fun, But literally you just insert a memory stick run a program, And hit "X" twice on the PSP and boom 30 seconds later you have a CFW PSP

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slightly more complicated than that: you have to properly format the memory card, and then you have to make sure you have the right programs. When I tried that a few months back (just as an experiment), I kept getting errors saying something about not enough head sectors in the memory card. I've yet to see a tutorial/readme that says what to do then.

You're also assuming that the TOOL is used. I prefer doing things myself, since I have the spare PSP/battery to do it with. The instructions were simple enough, and safe as it let me turn it back too when I actually needed it.

EDIT: I have no idea if Phantasy Star Portable uses WiFi or not. I just pray it will when the english version becomes available. Phantasy Star Online and Universe was so much fun to play with my friends when they came over.

OnurD.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll buy a PSP instead of a DS.
The DS has got flashcarts and it's much easier to pirate on the DS.
But I am not gonna pirate on the PSP, because I won't buy more than 15 games..

PSP has much better graphics and is a Multimedia-Player.
But DS has got good games, too.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i will keep it simple:

DS: party games and shovelware, easy to hack, touch screen
PSP: more mature games, less shovelware and better emulation, better graphics, a bit more difficult to hack but worth it.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS games > PSP games... That is why I prefer the DS over PSP. Also, on a side note, you'll never run out of DS games to play so yea, DS is over PSP in my opinion(if your criteria is gaming)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...