PSP on TV

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by lukands, May 2, 2010.

May 2, 2010

PSP on TV by lukands at 7:03 PM (1,400 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. lukands
    OP

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    Looking to get a slim PSP (2000)(modded) to play games and maybe movies on my TV. I`ve read different stories of playing games on the TV, do you need composite or component cables? Does it do full screen?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Either cable will work (you'll need to use FuSa for Composite though). Some things are full screen, some aren't; additionally it depends upon your individual TV.

Personally i don't think it's worth it as the upscaling makes PSP games look baaaad!

3. lukands
    OP

Estonia
    I`ve read something like one type (component/composite) of cables will only play movies/music and not games? Or is that what Fusa`s for, or does Fusa only make it full screen?

4. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Thats not always true. Me and a few buddies were using, oh hell whats it called, uh, crap... What ever allows you to put your PSP video and audio on to your PC.. Anyways, we were using that and I'm not sure if it had built-in Upscaling tech or if it just looked nice upscaled on the monitor. None-the-less, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite looked awesome scaled up on a huge monitor.

5. FullMetalMega

Newcomer FullMetalMega Advanced Member

United States
    You mean remotejoy right?

6. omarroms

Member omarroms GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is easy to do by buying something like this. Do a search on PSP AV Cable. If your using a hack PSP, use the plugin FuSa which will allow you to change display modes since the PSP only have one display mode that have black boarders.

7. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Is it possible without Cable ?

my tv can get movies and such from PC the same way the PS3 can with some (with some streaming method) ... so any way to use the PSP's Wifi to send the screen to the TV ?

8. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    As far as I know there is no way to transfer the signal VIA Wi-Fi, especially to a TV since I've never heard of a TV with Wi-Fi. Though I do know that you can use the PSP plug-in RemoteJoy to send it to a Computer Monitor and, if your like me, have a Computer Hooked up to your TV it would work just the same.
    EDIT: Also, RemoteJoy only requires your usual PSP USB/Mini USB cable.

9. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I dunno about any fusa shit since my system is unhacked. I just have the sony made component cable for the 2/3K units. All forms of stuff the system can do, short of UMD based PSP titles fill the entire screen (even PS1 games.) UMD based titles have a black border around all 4 sides amounting to maybe a 15% loss of view area, 20% max. I've put quite a few titles through the grinder on that, the last being that lame Dissidia game from Square and MOST, but not all, look better blown up. I think it comes down to if someone cheats and uses the LCDs slower refresh or smaller size to cover up halfassed textures and polygonal seems. If someone does a good job they look just as yummy as a PS2 game on the big screen, but if they get stupid with it, it's like certain stuff is just terrible like first gen DS 3D games like those nasty textures and little squares on polygons Ridge Racer DS had.

10. lukands
    OP

Estonia
    Ok so to update from my original post....I got a problem running the component cables, it shows up on the tv like a double screen, the exact same images on both left and right halfs of the screen (and in black & white, no colour).
    Using the composite cables (with FuSa) it works fine.
    So is there a setting or something for using component cables?

11. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    That sounds odd, like you're in interlace mode or something. You sure that tv of yours supports at the least 480p?

12. lukands
    OP

Estonia
    Its in the progressive mode. It`s a Sony TV maybe a few years old so it must support.