Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So my psp was bricked up until an hour ago. My tool battery came in and I successfully unbricked it (
yaypsp.gif
). I don't have any other batteries because while I was trying to hardmod my original Phat battery I heard a "BOOF" noise and smoke poured out the side. So now all I have is a red tool battery and no other replacements (yet). I ordered a replacement battery yesterday and now I have a bit of a problem. None of my games will play
unsure.gif
. My Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII ISO simply won't boot and my Final Fantasy VII disc 1 psx eboot freezes during the first battle. Is it because I'm using the tool battery as a normal battery, or am I doing something wrong?

(by the way I'm using 3.90 M33-3)

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RaiDesu said:
For the PSX eboot, you'll probably need a popsloader.

What ISO driver are you using? sony or M33?

EDIT: Have you tried using it on AC Power only?
I had to change the driver. Crisis Core is now working
smile.gif
. Can you explain how popsloader works? I need to use popstation and then use popsloader or something?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
POPSloader is a plugin for PSP to run PSX1 eBoots. Essentially, you just need to download it (try google for locations) and then stick the "seplugins" folder into the root of your MS. If you already have a "seplugins" folder with other plugins inside, you'll need to modify the "POPS.txt" file to add a line for POPSloader, but this will usually be covered in installation manuals.

Currently there are 2 versions, one for anything up to 3.71, and one for 3.80 and above (CFW only). In either case, installation is the same (as far as I know), as all it needs is the "seplugins" folder to be in the root and the popsloader plugin to be enabled in the recovery menu.

Note: the point of POPSloader is to correct many bugs that are in the CFW releases due to different programming techniques (of which I know nothing about). Some games work better with 3.10 poploader and fail on anything higher than 3.40 (like breath of fire 4). Some games (like the final fantasies) will not work on anything lower than 3.71 (3.80 and above are not supported in poploader - see related support forums for details). Every game works differently. Here's a compatability list to help you: http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
POPSloader is a plugin for PSP to run PSX1 eBoots. Essentially, you just need to download it (try google for locations) and then stick the "seplugins" folder into the root of your MS. If you already have a "seplugins" folder with other plugins inside, you'll need to modify the "POPS.txt" file to add a line for POPSloader, but this will usually be covered in installation manuals.

Currently there are 2 versions, one for anything up to 3.71, and one for 3.80 and above (CFW only). In either case, installation is the same (as far as I know), as all it needs is the "seplugins" folder to be in the root and the popsloader plugin to be enabled in the recovery menu.

Note: the point of POPSloader is to correct many bugs that are in the CFW releases due to different programming techniques (of which I know nothing about). Some games work better with 3.10 poploader and fail on anything higher than 3.40 (like breath of fire 4). Some games (like the final fantasies) will not work on anything lower than 3.71 (3.80 and above are not supported in poploader - see related support forums for details). Every game works differently. Here's a compatability list to help you: http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List
For a new member, you seem to be very helpful.
wink.gif
thanks for the help.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I spent 5 days of the last week searching the internet and tinkering with my PSP to get it all working. I also spent half of yesterday tinkering with CWCheats to get that to work with popsloader (to make monster rancher 1 and 2 worth playing). This is the only reason why I know as much (for a new member).

Still, glad I could help
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things