Hacking PSP Go display to laptop (Win 10)

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can still help me with this issue. I would like to use my laptop screen instead of the PSP Go display. Can anyone direct me where to get the drivers etc?

(I'm using 6.60 LME 2.2)

Many thanks in advance!

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PPSSPP also is not working... everytime I try and load an ISO it says '' ...HAS STOPPED WORKING" any advice at all?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Remotejoy should have what you're looking for. But expect a tiny tiny resolution if you play 1:1 or a pixelated mess if you expand it.
Remotejoy is a PSP plugin and requires your PSP to be seen as type B IIRC.

PPSSPP can upscale to match your computer resolution if you have a powerful enough PC.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well first you need to install the remote joy lite drivers, i think you need to disable driver signing enforcement to do so. Then plug usb in after enabling plugin on psp cfw.

Are you using the proper ppsspp for your pc? If you have 32bit, use 32bit, or 64 if you have 64 bit windows. I used it with no problems.

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remotejoy should have what you're looking for. But expect a tiny tiny resolution if you play 1:1 or a pixelated mess if you expand it.
Remotejoy is a PSP plugin and requires your PSP to be seen as type B IIRC.

PPSSPP can upscale to match your computer resolution if you have a powerful enough PC.

well first you need to install the remote joy lite drivers, i think you need to disable driver signing enforcement to do so. Then plug usb in after enabling plugin on psp cfw.

Are you using the proper ppsspp for your pc? If you have 32bit, use 32bit, or 64 if you have 64 bit windows. I used it with no problems.

thanks for the reply guys.

i thought i did install remotejoy correctly (restarted with the driver disabled etc) and enabled it on the psp but it's just showing waiting on UR corner of screen with black screen. Any help with this? i've looked at many videos but i still can't resolve it. any tips?

i'll try and redownload ppsspp again. (although i did use the installer already to install the most recent files...)

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PSP needs to be read as type B, no matter what. (it should tell you what type it's recognized as if you try to remove it safely)

sorry i don't think i understand this. when i place my pspgo on usb mode, usb drive D and E are assigned. is this what you meant by this type B?

AH! i see it. it says type A on top of those said drives. how can i change to B then? sorry noob here...

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No. Try to safely remove your drives, on the lower part of the screen, the start up bar, at the right side of the bar there's the time of your computer and a bunch of icons, one of this should look like an USB icon.

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
omg thanks guys... the type b driver made me look in a different direction.... finally got it to work! i had not problems installing remotejoylite. it was weird because i had to download this pspdisp program and then download the libusb file (which i'm asssuming is the driver). i don't exactly know if i should've downloaded this libusb file in the first place then install the pspdisp... anyway, earlier i could see my laptop screen on my psp but not the other way around. hilarious! but got there in the end.... thank you guys!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

spoke too soon... it's working only on the main menu. lol when i start a game it's stuck at the psp logo :wacko:

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10 doesn't like to let you install driver's that aren't approved by Microsoft (which means the company paid money to Microsoft, it's all about money) So you will need to disable signature reenforcement before you install the driver.

http://packard-bell-scandic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10:-disable-signed-driver-enforcement

But you will continue to have problems sooner or later as long as your laptop is connected ot the internet because Windows 10 forces updates and there's an update that comes every month that includes malicious driver remover tool and it will delete the driver. Windows 10 sucks.

Last edited by ,

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Windows 10 doesn't like to let you install driver's that aren't approved by Microsoft (which means the company paid money to Microsoft, it's all about money) So you will need to disable signature reenforcement before you install the driver.

http://packard-bell-scandic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10:-disable-signed-driver-enforcement

But you will continue to have problems sooner or later as long as your laptop is connected ot the internet because Windows 10 forces updates and there's an update that includes malicious driver remover tool and it will delete the driver. Windows 10 sucks.

i have disabled it.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a few more steps than just downloading the driver. You have to activate remotejoylite in your PSP itself. You can skip to about 4:30 in this video and follow it from there.

Last edited by ,

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i already installed everything fine. the only problem was that it hangs around the time the PSP logo when starting a game.

this might be helpful for some people. i had to follow these steps:
1. Plug in PSP with power on
2. Run remotejoy (You should see the PSP menu on your PC)
3. Close remotejoy
4. Run Game until you're on its menu screen
6. Run remotejoy again, it should work now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you got it working but I've been using RJL for years and I am able to just run it without closing it and reopening it or waiting until you run a game. I use dual shock 3 wireless with bluetooth and I can control the menu and everything and just go right to a game and play it.

Last edited by ,

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad you got it working but I've been using RJL for years and I am able to just run it without closing it and reopening it or waiting until you run a game. I use dual shock 3 wireless with bluetooth and I can control the menu and everything and just go right to a game and play it.

good for you! i don't seem to have that luxury. i dunno why mine's freezing before the game starts. and i lack computer knowledge to figure out what's causing it. i'd also like to use a controller but i read you need a ps3 to pair it first to psp?

Did you enable remote joy lite plugin on each text file? VSH = XMB home menu GAME = PSP games POPS = PS1 games

i think i have. i already had game.txt on seplugins, but created vsh.txt and game150.txt and pasted ef0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1 on each text files as instructed from the tutorial i saw. made sure i enabled the plugins while on cfw and restarted vsh. i don't currently use pops so i didn't add it. did i still miss anything?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never owned a PSP Go only PSP 1001 so I never had the built in bluetooth in my PSP. However you don't have to use that remotejoylite can configure your buttons once you get it working. You have to buy a compatible bluetooth for PC then I use Motioninjoy drivers then BetterDS3. (I can explain this more in detail if needed later)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can