PSP flashcarts...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by RaulCortez, Jan 26, 2009.

1. RaulCortez
    OP

RaulCortez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    I'm willing to buy an PSP-3000KPB. However, i don't have any idea on how "flashcarts" for PSP work. Can a good soul please teach me about it?

2. MiloFoxburr

MiloFoxburr GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    Ireland
    PSP's work by using Custom Firmwares and putting games on memory sticks. You can't currently put Custom Firmware on the PSP3000.

-edit- I'm sure someone will explain it in more detail

3. Talaria

Talaria ...

Jan 31, 2007
    New Zealand
    Right there are no Flashcarts for the PSP. PSP uses a Custom Firmware (CFW) hack which allows it to run ripped ISO's etc off a memorystick and run unsigned code (e.g. allows homebrew to be used) etc. I would advise not getting PSP-3000 at the moment as this model is unable to have a CFW installed. The process of installing a CFW on PSP is tad difficult. To keep it easy for you I would advise just buying a 'Pandora Battery' and 'Magic Memorystick' from DealExtreme or any reputable electronic site which deals in these area's, as it makes the process easier and less daunting for a new comer to the scene.

4. taken

taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Do not Buy a psp-3000 you can not run cfw on it.

Look for a psp-1000 phat or the psp-2000 to psp-2002.

Don't get psp-2003 because some of them don't run cfw.

because of the date code any thing over 8c. under the battery in the psp dock.

you should look for 7c or under ok. too run cfw [​IMG]

5. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008

The last digit of the PSP 2000 (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) is simply the region code....you're implying by the above statement that only European PSP's are getting the newer mobo's in their slim and lites, which is incorrect.

6. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    I'm still trying to figure out wheres the Date code.

7. blueskies

blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2003
    United States
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Me too. I know my psp is hackable, because it's hacked, but I can't find any date code under the battery. just the serial number...

8. RaulCortez
    OP

RaulCortez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the tips guys... so... any hardware thing i need, before purchasing an PSP 2000?

9. eric_4_life

eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2008
    Canada
    First, it is near impossible to find a hackable PSP thats new. I bought two PSP slims thinking that at least one would be hackable, but to my despair, both had a firmware over 4.01 (Meaning that they both have a TA-088v3 motherboard which is unhackable). So if you want to buy a PSP that you can hack, buy a used one with firmware BELOW 4.01. Also, in order to hack you will need to buy a Pandora's battery which will put your PSP into service mode and allow you to install a CFW.

10. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Oh my God, thank you OP for legitimately making me "lol" with your topic.

11. Raiser

Raiser I am mad scientist.

May 31, 2008
    Canada
    What I did is I went to EB Games and bought a used PSP-Phat. What I like is that they clean it, replace all majorly damaged or non-functioning parts and test them to make sure they work.

When I bought mine, it looked like new, except the PSP ring on the back is a tad scratched. Enjoying it so far. ^^b