Gaming PSP flashcarts...

RaulCortez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to buy an PSP-3000KPB. However, i don't have any idea on how "flashcarts" for PSP work. Can a good soul please teach me about it?

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RaulCortez said:
I'm willing to buy an PSP-3000KPB. However, i don't have any idea on how "flashcarts" for PSP work. Can a good soul please teach me about it?

PSP's work by using Custom Firmwares and putting games on memory sticks. You can't currently put Custom Firmware on the PSP3000.

-edit- I'm sure someone will explain it in more detail

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Right there are no Flashcarts for the PSP. PSP uses a Custom Firmware (CFW) hack which allows it to run ripped ISO's etc off a memorystick and run unsigned code (e.g. allows homebrew to be used) etc. I would advise not getting PSP-3000 at the moment as this model is unable to have a CFW installed. The process of installing a CFW on PSP is tad difficult. To keep it easy for you I would advise just buying a 'Pandora Battery' and 'Magic Memorystick' from DealExtreme or any reputable electronic site which deals in these area's, as it makes the process easier and less daunting for a new comer to the scene.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Do not Buy a psp-3000 you can not run cfw on it.

Look for a psp-1000 phat or the psp-2000 to psp-2002.

Don't get psp-2003 because some of them don't run cfw.

because of the date code any thing over 8c. under the battery in the psp dock.

you should look for 7c or under ok. too run cfw
psp.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Look for a psp-1000 phat or the psp-2000 to psp-2002.

Don't get psp-2003 because some of them don't run cfw

The last digit of the PSP 2000 (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) is simply the region code....you're implying by the above statement that only European PSP's are getting the newer mobo's in their slim and lites, which is incorrect.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, it is near impossible to find a hackable PSP thats new. I bought two PSP slims thinking that at least one would be hackable, but to my despair, both had a firmware over 4.01 (Meaning that they both have a TA-088v3 motherboard which is unhackable). So if you want to buy a PSP that you can hack, buy a used one with firmware BELOW 4.01. Also, in order to hack you will need to buy a Pandora's battery which will put your PSP into service mode and allow you to install a CFW.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What I did is I went to EB Games and bought a used PSP-Phat. What I like is that they clean it, replace all majorly damaged or non-functioning parts and test them to make sure they work.

When I bought mine, it looked like new, except the PSP ring on the back is a tad scratched. Enjoying it so far. ^^b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup