Gaming PSP 3000 help/homebrew suggestions

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to PSP hacking so please bear with me. I have PSP 3000 FW 5.03, I am running ChickHEN using ChickHENa pic and the TIFF file. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can run any homebrew except for ones that flash my PSP because it will cause my PSP to brick?

I'm trying to run PSPTube 2.0, it works without the HighMemoryMod but when I try to run it with the Mod, it just stays at the screen with the green text that says Loading HighMemoryMod and someone's name at the end. It's not frozen though as I can change the screen brightness. I've tried running it two ways. I've coied the HighMemoryMod contents and put it into the PSPTube folder and replaced the EBOOT file when it asked me to. I've also tried the method of putting both the HighMemoryMod and the PSPTube folder in it. The same thing happens, stops loading at the green screen. Any ideas?

I've read the [Essentials] PSP Homebrew section and I've seen a few good homebrew, are there any reccomendations not on the top 10 list?

Thanks in advance.

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
lavamasta said:
ok i just need to know... is this working on psp 100 series?

ye it worked fine on my 1003 after 2 days of trying
smile.gif

i used it to install a 5.00m33-6 firmware

im happy now
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spartan117H3 said:
I'm new to PSP hacking so please bear with me. I have PSP 3000 FW 5.03, I am running ChickHEN using ChickHENa pic and the TIFF file. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can run any homebrew except for ones that flash my PSP because it will cause my PSP to brick?

I'm trying to run PSPTube 2.0, it works without the HighMemoryMod but when I try to run it with the Mod, it just stays at the screen with the green text that says Loading HighMemoryMod and someone's name at the end. It's not frozen though as I can change the screen brightness. I've tried running it two ways. I've coied the HighMemoryMod contents and put it into the PSPTube folder and replaced the EBOOT file when it asked me to. I've also tried the method of putting both the HighMemoryMod and the PSPTube folder in it. The same thing happens, stops loading at the green screen. Any ideas?

I've read the [Essentials] PSP Homebrew section and I've seen a few good homebrew, are there any reccomendations not on the top 10 list?

Thanks in advance.

have you tried with both folders and HighMemoryMod in your folder called GAME !?

eg

GAME\HighMemoryMod
GAME\PSPTUBE

then see if it will launch (dont have a 3000 to test sorry)

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've put it in the folder ms0\PSP\GAME. Also, the latest version of PSPTube is 2.0 right? I've seen PSPTube++ too and I wasn't sure. Does anyone know if CWCHEAT is compatible or not? I've seen the 3 homebrew compatibilty sites that mcp2 but they don't say anything about it. Where can I find a PSP Homebrew site that still updates their stuff? I've googled a few sites but their homebrew is usually dated last year.

Also, no offense but can the guys who are talking about the 1000 post somewhere else? The title kind of says 3000 help and if you're not going to help, don't post here.

Bluetank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spartan117H3 said:

In the MForMature forums, Davee said that their is a bug in HEN R2 which does not let it use all of the RAM on the 2000 and 3000 models. Most likely the HighMemoryMod sees the 64 MB of RAM and tries to use it, but due to the HEN bug it cannot access all of it causing it not to load (this is probably why the Netfront browser betas 2 & 3 don't work on 2K and 3K PSPs). If the memory problem in HEN gets fixed it might start working.

BKZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spartan117H3 said:
Yes, I've put it in the folder ms0\PSP\GAME. Also, the latest version of PSPTube is 2.0 right? I've seen PSPTube++ too and I wasn't sure. Does anyone know if CWCHEAT is compatible or not? I've seen the 3 homebrew compatibilty sites that mcp2 but they don't say anything about it. Where can I find a PSP Homebrew site that still updates their stuff? I've googled a few sites but their homebrew is usually dated last year.

Also, no offense but can the guys who are talking about the 1000 post somewhere else? The title kind of says 3000 help and if you're not going to help, don't post here.

CWCheat shouldn't be compatible because it is a plug-in and not an eboot. Correct me if I am wrong
unsure.gif

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the only problem is all it does is play Homebrew. No flashing, ISOs or CSOs nor will it be added on I heard, sadly. Sucks, I wanted ISOs and CSOs at least.

Is there anything else like CWCheat that isn't a plugin that I could use?

Also, I've seen Netfront internet browser V4 which has PSP 3000 High memory mod support, is there any way I can take this and use it on PSPTube?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spartan117H3 said:
Yeah, the only problem is all it does is play Homebrew. No flashing, ISOs or CSOs nor will it be added on I heard, sadly. Sucks, I wanted ISOs and CSOs at least.

Is there anything else like CWCheat that isn't a plugin that I could use?

Also, I've seen Netfront internet browser V4 which has PSP 3000 High memory mod support, is there any way I can take this and use it on PSPTube?
it does allow flashing through homebrew.
it's just that it might brick PSP's, or that HEN can't be loaded anymore.
(gameboots can be flashed as long as you don't flash bad ones, custom waves and fonts disable HEN, flashing CFW will brick your PSP unless it can already get CFW with a pandora's battery)

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
it does allow flashing through homebrew.
it's just that it might brick PSP's, or that HEN can't be loaded anymore.
(gameboots can be flashed as long as you don't flash bad ones, custom waves and fonts disable HEN, flashing CFW will brick your PSP unless it can already get CFW with a pandora's battery)

Yes I know it can go to CFW but as I have a PSP 3000, there currently is no CFW or Pandora battery that does this. There is the Datel Lite Blue Tool or AKA Max Power Digital but I heard it doesn't work without a PreIPL. What's the point of flashing gameboots? And does flashing games create custom waves and fonts/disable HEN?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gameboot is the little animation that plays between the selecting of a game in XMB and the actual starting of the game itself.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks nice. What's the point of any custom theme or wallpaper?

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, like you said, it looks nice. So theres nothing else that can do cheats except CWCheat that's not a plugin?

Edit: I just saw PSPrx launcher, this is what it says:

"Apparently Team Typhoon’s ChickHEN R3 with plugin (PRX) support is nearing; however, should you be the impatient type, a developer by the name of XMBDebug has released PSPrx Launcher. PSPrx Launcher enables ChickHEN users to launch and load PSP plugins. Some may work; some may not. Leave your experience below."

This would mean it is possible to run CWCheat, but it may/may not work right? Also, just to make sure, I need ChickHEN running to load it?

I've been trying PSPrx launcher, it's in spanish so I'm not sure what it's saying, any idea how it works?... Also, any idea how to run CWCheat?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg