Hardware PSP-2001 Battery Problems

Menaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I recently got a PSP, and the battery it came with (a stock battery, too), was broken, and the PSP was not recognizing it. So I bought a new battery, this one. It arrived today, and I put it in the PSP. It worked for a decent while. The whole while I had my adapter plugged in my PSP; I also had the PSP plugged into my PC. I put upgraded the PSP to 6.20 PRO, and whatnot, and eventually I unplugged the adapter, and left the PSP plugged in my computer. I left only to come back and find the PSP completely off, and refusing to turn on, even with the computer plugged in, and there is no orange charging light. However, when I plugged in the adapter, the orange light turned on. But still, if I unplug the adapter, the PSP turns off, and it gives nothing in Battery Information (Darn, I wish I checked what Battery Information looked like before this happened).

The PSP itself acts as if there is no battery, or the battery is broken, but the charge light comes on if I plug the adapter in. Furthermore, when I checked the battery with my multimeter it read ~4.25 volts, so it seems to be overcharged (scary thought!). The battery gives out at least 250mA, but my multimeter can only measure a max of 250mA (it's one of those old analog ones).

So, what gives? My thoughts are that the battery is cheap, and although advertised as being 3.6V and having 2600mAh, in reality the voltage is higher, with the current being somewhere in the middle so that it has the same power that a battery of the above specifications otherwise would... Or something along those lines. In any case, by the fact that the battery is giving 4.25 volts, I assume the PSP is turning off due to some safety measure, and although the battery still works as a battery ought, the PSP refuses the connection so as not to be overvolted.

So, does anyone here have thoughts?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sounds like your psp is not getting power from the battery, are all the pins ok on the psp battery compartment. give them a clean and try the battery in another psp, the orange light will come on if the psp is plugged into the socket / pc whether the battery is working or not. good luck.......................sudeki300

Menaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have another PSP to test it on. The pins look to be fine on the battery, and if they weren't then the orange charge light wouldn't be coming on in the first place because the battery isn't connected to the PSP. If I take the battery out, then there wont be an orange light if I plug in the adapter, and my old non-working battery did not cause the orange light to turn on, which leads me to believe that the battery is actually working.

Jinxi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever get this resolved Menaus?

Just ran the 6.60 hack and installed games on 2001, to find the psp just randomly shuts off and is acting exactly as you described above.

I have another psp battery that works perfectly in my psp1001, the 1001 also hacked, is working perfectly. Swapping battery to 2001 gives no juice, nada.

The 2001 was working fine all day before i decided to hack it. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM