Psp 2000 Screens

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Kaosu-Noko, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

Psp 2000 Screens by Kaosu-Noko at 3:25 AM (956 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Kaosu-Noko
    OP

Newcomer Kaosu-Noko Member

United States
    Why are 2000 screens on dealextreme higher 3000 arent the 3000 screens better?

2. JamesCID

Newcomer JamesCID Member

Mexico
    Newer parts and technology does not necessarily mean it's more expensive. Also, given the 2k models are not longer being manufactured it's no surprise the price is rising and will be doing so even more.

3. ryan90

Member ryan90 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Actually the 2000 screens are better afaik. The 3000 screens introduced a way of expanding the colour depth however the 3000 had another feature which basically made interlacing very noticeable, any fast motion caused horizontal lines to become visible. I have seen the difference in person and there are photographs that show it as well the PSP3000 is a no go for me.

[​IMG]
    PSP1000 blurs with motion as does the PSP2000 to a lesser extent the PSP3000 has annoying noticable scan lines through the whole screen.

4. JamesCID

Newcomer JamesCID Member

Mexico
    I wouldn't call one better over the other to be honest, while it's true the 3k has interlacing issues most of the time aren't even noticeable, at least not more than the 1k and 2k models with their ghosting issues that the 3k "fixed" by interlacing the screen.

5. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    i heard less complaints about the 2000/4's ghosting than the 3000/4's interlacing
    here, they still sell 2000, though it's still cheaper

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Never noticed the ghosting in actual PSP games, but in stuff like gameboy emulation it's quite noticeable and annoying. [​IMG]

Haven't used a hacked 3000 to test emulation yet.

7. Kaosu-Noko
    OP

Newcomer Kaosu-Noko Member

United States
    $40 for a new screen sucks though. i have a 2000 that just needs a screen oh well no point of getting the screen to fix it. that $40 can go towards my 3ds

8. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I have a PSP 2000 and the ghosting is very noticeable on certain games. Namely Patapon and Loco Roco. It only seems to happen in those two, possibly because of both of those games' art styles.