Gaming psn + question (and others dumb questions)

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In a few days, i will buy a super slim ps3 so i have a few questions for all the Gbatempers out there:

-What is a psn +?
-How much cost?
-Is worth to pay for this service?
-What is the duration of this service?

Some of my questions are very dumb, but i have no idea of this service.
I have no plans of hacking this console ( for the first time in my life XD).

Well, any advice is welcome and thank in advance.

Guest0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nah, asking questions is a good thing actually.

Now, I don't subscribe to PS+ but I know that it:
* is the premium service on play station network: giving you free games that you can play as long as you're subscribed, huge discounts, full game trial, cloud save, automatic updates etc. It works for PS4, PS3 and vita.
* price is USD49.99/yr or USD17.99/3 mth. For UK PSN, GBP39.99/yr or GBP11.99/3 mth
* it's super worth it if you're totally into various kinds of games (large quantities too) on console and handheld. As for me, no because I'm only interested with select games and have limited time gaming
* duration is 3 month or 1 year--definitely renewable

Some people subscribe for both US and UK because they give out different free games and discounts.

EXTRA: PS+ isn't required for online play on ps3 and vita. But on ps4, yes. One more thing I believe, historically US PS+ tended to give away more indie games than retail games while UK is vice versa.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TRUST ME, YOU HAVE TO GET PS+

Basically they give you free games for ps3, vita, soon ps4, they change the games monthly but as long as you put them in your cart you can still play them, the free games you get can only be played as long as you have ps+ but games you bought on ps+ discounts, you keep forever.

AND THE GAMES THE OFFER AND PRETTY GOOD

Its only 50 for a year which is leass then one game and it really is worth it

- HOPE YOU GET IT

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In my opinion, if you have a PS3, PS+ is worth it. If you have a PS3 and a PSVita (possibly a PSP (and a PS4 in the future)), it's more than worth it. PS+ usually has offers for games from PSX, PS2, PS3, PSVita, PSP and the future PS4. There is the Instant Game Collection, which basically gives you free games for the duration of the service. All discounted contend on the other hand is yours to keep even after the service ends. Normal sales are usually -10% extra for PS+ members and sometimes offers are exclusive for PS+.

In other words, if you are willing to pay $50 for a single game, you should get PS+. The following picture says more than a thousand words. It's the US PS+ free games from June 2012 to May 2013. For $50.

PlayStation-Plus-Year-One-Free-Games.png

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for all the answers.
Now i have another question,
i ended bought a super slim ps3 500 gb with the assassins creed 3, (model CECH-4001C)
Is this ps3 multivoltage? ( in my country, the voltage is 220 V and the console say that use 110 V)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for all the answers.
Now i have another question,
i ended bought a super slim ps3 500 gb with the assassins creed 3, (model CECH-4001C)
Is this ps3 multivoltage? ( in my country, the voltage is 220 V and the console say that use 110 V)
100-240V should be supported without a need for a converter. Just as long as you have the right type of cable for your sockets, you should be good to go!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha