Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Diffusion said:
pitoui said:
Hope they make a port for my HTC HD2 running winmo 6.5!
HD2 can run Android too. So you're good if they port it to Android.
It's not that simple. Each different USB controller has to be accounted for and that varies a lot across devices. For example both the Pre and Pixi run WebOS but this module won't work if compiled for the Pixi. While at the same time a module designed for the Pixi and an Android device that uses the same chipset like the Hero would work on both.

I got the module to compile and run on my Droid, but the exploit doesn't work despite the similarity with the N900 and Pre
dry.gif
Luckily HD2's hardware is identical to other popular HTC phones (Nexus & Desire). It should have the same MSM72K controller.

Rizzler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Diffusion said:
pitoui said:
It's not that simple. Each different USB controller has to be accounted for and that varies a lot across devices. For example both the Pre and Pixi run WebOS but this module won't work if compiled for the Pixi. While at the same time a module designed for the Pixi and an Android device that uses the same chipset like the Hero would work on both.

I got the module to compile and run on my Droid, but the exploit doesn't work despite the similarity with the N900 and Pre
dry.gif

Coolbho3000,

Have you made any progress? There are guys on the Motorola Droid/Milestone forums working on it as well, but they're getting no where. Seems similar to what you're doing. They claim (but the forum I was reading was the Milestones...) that you have to run a 2ndboot or something. Just meshing the ideas, if it helps.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Rizzler said:
coolbho3000 said:
Diffusion said:
pitoui said:

dry.gif

Coolbho3000,

Have you made any progress? There are guys on the Motorola Droid/Milestone forums working on it as well, but they're getting no where. Seems similar to what you're doing. They claim (but the forum I was reading was the Milestones...) that you have to run a 2ndboot or something. Just meshing the ideas, if it helps.
I got as far as getting the exploit to run, but it never succeeded. After compiling the module, I tried insmodding it, but there was an error. The module says that the USB gadget register function returned -16 (-EBUSY), used by android_usb, so I had to recompile the kernel, disabling android_usb in the kernel config (as the MSM72k implementation does), commenting a few lines of code (in the sholes board files) to get it to compile without USB support, flash the kernel in recovery, and insmod the module from terminal emulator. Unfortunately, even though I got this far, on my Droid, the dmesg output looks like it tried to do work, then failed.

This was on CyanogenMod 6.0 with a 2.6.32.9 kernel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche