PSA: the 3DS Ambassador game download process is...

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Keep in mind that we're talking about the process by which you receive 20 free games (and thus temper your rage), but you're kind of not going to believe the process through which qualified 3DS owners will acquire the "Ambassador Program" games starting September 1.

Nintendo posted a how-to on its support page, and ... a lot of people are going to need it. In order to get your free games, you'll have to open up the eShop (cool so far), then ... go into the "Settings/Other" menu there, scroll to "Account Activity," and then click to "redownload" each game, even though you're actually downloading them for the first time.

Sounds kind of crazy, but our guess is that Nintendo has opted to add the games to everyone's accounts as already having been purchased, rather than generate codes for specific games. We're not even sure it's possible to distribute a download code for a 3DS game.

But it gets crazier! In order to keep up with news related to the program, Nintendo will offer the "Ambassador Certificate" for download -- which is actually a video. You'll be able to tap icons during the video for updates about when games will be available. Alternately, read Joystiq!

Get ready for a bunch of Newbs flooding the boards asking how to get their precious games...
closedeyes.gif

In the words of a Joystiq comment.... "As much as I love Nintendo... DEAR GOD GET SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO DO ONLINE. ANYBODY."

SOURCE

D

Deleted User

It makes sense, they don't want to put it on the shop until its available to purchase.

Can we have some sort of sticky when they come out, so we don't have 30 threads a day asking how to get the games?

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
It makes sense, they don't want to put it on the shop until its available to purchase.

Can we have some sort of sticky when they come out, so we don't have 30 threads a day asking how to get the games?

The directions are on Nintendo's Site. I'll go make a thread on how to do it
yay.gif

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:

Because that'll help
rolleyes.gif

Sounds...pretty smart if you ask me. Although just a "My Downloads" or a "My Games" button would be a LOT simpler, this is good too.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Redownload? Sounds like cool think to do once in a while instead of the straight download thing. I bet all the kids is going to like "Where is my games?!?!?! *Logs on GBAtemp and rages*". Lets all wait for the wave to hit GBAtemp.

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Redownload? Sounds like cool think to do once in a while instead of the straight download thing. I bet all the kids is going to like "Where is my games?!?!?! *Logs on GBAtemp and rages*". Lets all wait for the wave to hit GBAtemp.

Exactly. I just posted the Tutorial provided by Nintendo in this

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...this process doesn't sound THAT complicated.. :/

But still, can't wait for the temp to be filled with newbies asking "OMG HOW I GET TEH FREE GAMES!?!?1!1?!!1?"

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hydreigon said:

But still, can't wait for the temp to be filled with newbies asking "OMG HOW I GET TEH FREE GAMES!?!?1!1?!!1?"

It doesn't matter how complicated it is. People are still going to freak out and flood the boards because of the slightly weird proccess. I'm thinking Nintendo will probably post the instructions in the "News" tab of the eShop. Maybe that will help.
unsure.gif

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quietlyawesome94 said:
Hydreigon said:

It doesn't matter how complicated it is. People are still going to freak out and flood the boards because of the slightly weird proccess. I'm thinking Nintendo will probably post the instructions in the "News" tab of the eShop. Maybe that will help.
unsure.gif

Or spotpass it in.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this isn't complicated, it just goes to show how terrible Nintendo is at building something as simple as an Online Shop system.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Not really complicated - but seriously, the eShop really needs a vast improvement. It's simply odd..
I agree, the whole category thing is a mess. I don't understand why they did this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.