PSA: the 3DS Ambassador game download process is...

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
Is the Ambassador Program Certificate video in Nintendo Video or on the eShop? My Nintendo Video doesn't have it (at least not at the moment) and I see it no where on the eShop. @_@
it'll probably be downloadable from the E-Shop, but i doubt it'll be available till Sept 1st.

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AceWarhead said:
chris888222 said:
Not really complicated - but seriously, the eShop really needs a vast improvement. It's simply odd..
I agree, the whole category thing is a mess. I don't understand why they did this...

Totally agree. The whole eshop is so messed up and the categories seem so random. Why don't they make a simpler, more standard interface
unsure.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why don't they just list the games as N/A and then list as "Purchased" for those embassadors? Or better yet, why not make an update and put some sort of "Embassadors' Corner" or something of the like? Not that it affects me, anyway, since I don't have a 3DS.

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is easily the most convoluted way they could possibly have imagined. It almost seems like they were trying to do it in the most ridiculous way possible.

The games are bound to be tiny, so why not just SpotPass them out like they did with Nintendo Video? Or perhaps add an option to download them individually/in a batch through that Certificate program? Or even private eShop links in the Certificcate program, if they absolutely must involve the eShop?
The list of sensible ways of doing this go on. Nintendo doesn't need an online systems designer, it needs basic common sense.

Edit: Another decent way of doing this, in case anyone from Nintendo happens to read this: We know there's a funds cap on the eShop. So make an Ambassador Rewards section and lob in all the games with prices like 99999 or whatever is higher than the price cap. Then just flick the "downloaded" flag for all the ambassadors, so they can redownload them. Boom.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thesolcity said:
QUICK! To the EoF bunker!

Indeed something like a permanent bunker needs to be made for some of us. Keeps us sane and could probably deter some of the "OMFG NOOB DONT KNOW SHITS!?!" -replies that most people tend to put on any topic relating to new features/add-ons regarding the 3DS/Vita. The trolling is about 90% of the replies there, albeit the topic itself might have been stickied a long time ago
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Pazuzu @ Aug 31 2011, 09:23 AM) This is easily the most convoluted way they could possibly have imagined. It almost seems like they were trying to do it in the most ridiculous way possible.

The games are bound to be tiny, so why not just SpotPass them out like they did with Nintendo Video? Or perhaps add an option to download them individually/in a batch through that Certificate program? Or even private eShop links in the Certificcate program, if they absolutely must involve the eShop?
The list of sensible ways of doing this go on. Nintendo doesn't need an online systems designer, it needs basic common sense.

Common sense and a bit of copying from competitors.. Look at xBox live and you'll understand how far they've gone through trial and error. Nintendo could actually just make the piece of shishl work by doing some things like everyone else. It's an online shop for crying out loud. It's not that hard to make is it?

OT: "I heard you like redownloading, so now you redownload before you download!"
smileipb2.png

-Qtis

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I...don't really see what's so confusing about this.
It could be better, sure, but it's all of 3 or 4 steps.
-Go to eShop (Not really even a step)
-Go to Settings/Other
-Go to Account Activity
-Choose the games you want. (Not really even a step)

It's just a "My owned games" page located in a strange area for now.
Though I wouldn't put it past Nintendo if it's like this for all other games that you buy and then delete.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
What's complicating about this?? Guess Nintendo don't have the skill to specifically release the FREE Games direcly to the eShop for registered 3DSes.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't seem too difficult, even if no-one had told me about this process I would have clicked about until I found them- or googled it. I know I will be harrassed all morning by at least 5 people who see me as a human search engine for 3DS problems- I'd refer them over here but really don't want to inflict their stubborn refusal to listen on people- example from yesterday...
D : When do I get my free ambassador games
Me: Thursday morning, 1st of september like it said on the notification.
D : Excellent I can't wait...
5 minutes later
D : I just looked, they're not there yet what am I doing wrong?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all of you trying to defend nintendo, let me explain

When you are going to get a game for free from an online store similar to how PSN did after the outage, you'd expect to just see something that important up front and center in the store, and you'd expect to download it like any other eshop item. But then nintendo decides no, we don't want to do that (or their eshop isn't set up to allow them to do that, which is a whole different problem), so they hide it away in Account Activity, which you would have never thought of had you not read explicitly that from here or wherever else online.

Unless nintendo sends you a message directly to the 3DS and details how to do it, this is a complete fail. (and please do tell if they did)

Also the whole idea of news about the program only being accessible by downloading an "Ambassador Ticket" (which is actually misleading because it's a video), and tapping on icons shown while watching that video to get updates on that specific game, is TOTALLY BOGUS!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
They're not putting it "in the center" because not everybody is eligible to get the games. They manually added the games to every single account.

Otherwise, they'd have to do an update to make the eshop check for the serial number, send it to the server where it would search for if it's on the list, send back response and then start getting the eshop data, every single time you started the eshop. Then people would whine it's loading too slow.

As you say though, it'll be misleading to people IF they don't send a message about it. But if they do, there's absolutely nothing to complain about, since the process is as simple as beating someone with a stick.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
skawo96 said:
They're not putting it "in the center" because not everybody is eligible to get the games. They manually added the games to every single account.

Otherwise, they'd have to do an update to make the eshop check for the serial number, send it to the server where it would search for if it's on the list, send back response and then start getting the eshop data, every single time you started the eshop. Then people would whine it's loading too slow.

As you say though, it'll be misleading to people IF they don't send a message about it. But if they do, there's absolutely nothing to complain about, since the process is as simple as beating someone with a stick.

Playstation Plus anyone? Not everyone is a PS Plus member, but still it is shown to everyone. And what can you expect from the eShop. It'll be slow regardless when they announce the downloads worldwide..

-Qtis

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
What is shown to everyone? The PSPlus content? The problem with that is that PSPlus is tied to account, and this is tied to the system. So with PSPlus, they can just check whether this account has PSPlus rights, while they have to check the serial number of the 3DS and find it in a list.

Not saying one's better than the other, just saying.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:

you think a serial check would add another 5 seconds to load? it surely won't add that much time to loading compared to how long loading all of the pictures and other data for the eshop already takes, and who's to say that's the only way it could be done anyway?

I honestly think that their eshop isn't a robust enough platform to grant free content to specific 3DS's and they had to find a bizarre workaround.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents