ROM Hack PSA Stop reporting bugs for PKHeX/PK3DS for Ultra SM

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Threads keep popping up over and over about these programs not working, corrupting saves, or just not having the options people want in a game that is unreleased. Not that I can stop them but I figured it would be easier to make a general post about it, vs commenting on each and every "Why is this not working?" thread.....

These programs are in the process of being updated for these games. Any "nightly" you download from TeamCity in the meantime is going to have bugs. Please wait for an official stable release of these programs before trying to use them, or deal with the consequences like a permanently corrupted save file. They aren't going to be ready before they are ready, so please accept there are bugs or stop being so impatient and just wait until they are confirmed to be 100% compatible from the developers themselves.

I honestly don't see why so many of you are worried about it when the game isn't even out yet but yeah, stop making threads about it. If you REALLY want to use an unfinished program, report the bugs straight to the developer; don't ask on GBATemp it's not going to help.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious what's being done to get those corrupt savess? All I did so far was edit in Zeraora and Ultra Necrozma, no problems. I genned multiple Synchronize Gardevoirs, no problems. I don't need to edit the bag just yet, by the time I need to (or use the cheat plugin to make lots of poke balls), the stable release will be out.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious what's being done to get those corrupt savess? All I did so far was edit in Zeraora and Ultra Necrozma, no problems. I genned multiple Synchronize Gardevoirs, no problems. I don't need to edit the bag just yet, by the time I need to (or use the cheat plugin to make lots of poke balls), the stable release will be out.
No idea man, I've edited a few pokemon, gave myself some Roto boosts and other minor things..... I'm convinced people are messing with the time offsets or their RTC in tandem and just causing confusion in the save so it corrupts.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No idea man, I've edited a few pokemon, gave myself some Roto boosts and other minor things..... I'm convinced people are messing with the time offsets or their RTC in tandem and just causing confusion in the save so it corrupts.
I also got some random corruption, hopefully I had backups :unsure:

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also got some random corruption, hopefully I had backups :unsure:
Yeah I at least hope people are backing up their save before editing them until the programs are finished. I just made an extra folder called "Edited" and dump my save into both that folder and one I named "Current" then I only edit the one in "Edited" so if something goes wrong I can restore from "Current"....... I haven't had any corruption issues though. *knock on wood*

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, PKHex does automatic save backups if you enable the option upon the first ever boot. I did that so I'm basically always secure, the backup's created as soon as you open a save, so if messed up, you can open the backup made before any changes were done.

Looking at it more, you can just create a folder in the same location as the PKHex.exe file, name it "bak" and all saves are backed up there. So even if you denied it at the initial boot, you can still enable it later in time.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, PKHex does automatic save backups if you enable the option upon the first ever boot. I did that so I'm basically always secure, the backup's created as soon as you open a save, so if messed up, you can open the backup made before any changes were done.
I never turned my on Lol. I just like to manually do the extra backup on the console JIC I delete the .bak file by mistake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Sup