Status
Not open for further replies.

br3compactor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is going to be a 24-hours maintenance on eShop on 11-01. That said, it's likely that they're working on some sort of method to patch eShop firmware spoof.

I would like to know which games should I go and get, before I can no longer use eShop.

On a side note, SmashHax can be run from the Demo, right? What if I have the Demo and the original game (digital)? How would I go about using only the demo for SmashHax and keeping the original game hax-free?

Reactions: Deleted User

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst there is maintenance going on, where's your evidence that spoof will be patched? Other people have been using eshop spoofs for ages, why do they do it now. Additionally, all nintendo shopping services will be down... so... unless they have to patch a spoof on all of their systems... nah.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wouldn't understimate Nintendo's potential of patching things.

However, if Smea said not to panic, maybe he has an ace in the hole, that he'll release if Nintendo actually manages to patch this.
Problem is the firmware is being spoofed on the 3DS, so they might be able to oatch the current spoof but it would be really easy to fix it, because there should not be any real way for them to see it's spoofed.

Reactions: Abcdfv

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It would be very easy for them to patch it:

- Change eShop URLs
- Release an update with the new URLs
- Old eShop can't connect anymore
Patch new URLs with Hans into old eshop. Problem solved. B-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to purchase DLC within a 3DS game? Has anyone managed to spoof that?
No.

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol so true. They could do whatever, all it would take is a custom code and (maybe) romfs to fix ;)
I'm more for that even if they did fix it, it doesn't stop people from updating, if they have ironhax, as unless they fix it, we can still use it and spoof eshop on later updates. The war goes on.

EDIT: They are probably moving to the new account system, which would be bad for us as the way the eshop works will be changed.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo is working on preparing for the new account system would that really affect HANS/eshop? Because IIRC its just a firmware spoof to gain access to the eshop app. The only thing I can think of is if Nintendo forces us to update firmware via updating eshop, which would be terrible

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I also thought this will patch the spoof. but its not?

by the way what is the mean of PSA? I googled not found.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
We have no idea whether to panic or not.
Even smeh-ya has no idea what the future holds for AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since