Gaming PS4 steals the thunder from Switch... again.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 9,901
  • Replies 141
  • Likes 5

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's getting a lot of indies, but not AAA third party games or even third party shovelware. Heck, even sony put their shit together and made undertale an exclusive, thing that nintendo could have done but they nintendont.
We do have a lot of big budget companies lined up for the Switch though so I do hope they deliver.
So far we are getting Fifa, Skyrim, 2k and a couple of others. We'll just have to wait until Nintendo e3 to see if they'll do anything else for third party support.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For skyrim vr you will also need the PSVR, so console+PSVR+game=at least 700€ while skyrim+switch=400€ and it's also portable (i also don't like vr so much but that doesn't matter).
MH world will also be on PC and xbox, it'll be surely better on PC but i don't really like it, it looks too different so i think XX on switch will be better

plus you need a TV for PS4. I only point this out because console kiddos always love to point out that you need a monitor when doing console vs PC comparisons. Not that you can really compare a single use device with the powerful multipurpose device that is a PC.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It does not have all those good games on ps4 and Xbox one you see.
That's because it isn't a Playstation or and Xbox. The Switch has it's own great games and will be getting some big games in the future. We have AAA developers lined up for the Switch and Fifa, 2k and Skyrim confirmed for the Switch so I believe the Switch will be fine getting some of those big games.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plus you need a TV for PS4. I only point this out because console kiddos always love to point out that you need a monitor when doing console vs PC comparisons. Not that you can really compare a single use device with the powerful multipurpose device that is a PC.
Skyrim VR won't need a TV, nuh-uh.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It does not have all those good games on ps4 and Xbox one you see.
But the PS4 and XB1 also doesn't have "all those good games" on the Switch either.
Sure the Switch is underpowered, but the games could still be "watered" down, the reason they don't come is more about exclusivity and market and works both ways.

That said, let's wait for what "games" are announced in a couple of hours, my expectactions are low anyway.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We do have a lot of big budget companies lined up for the Switch though so I do hope they deliver.
So far we are getting Fifa, Skyrim, 2k and a couple of others. We'll just have to wait until Nintendo e3 to see if they'll do anything else for third party support.
Pretty excited to play an 6 years old game on the go, oh wait, you can already do it with an gpd win. Fifa? funny, nintendo users are well known for not buying those stuff. Plus, do you really think a basketball game will do well on a nintendo platform? This is just third party developers testing out the waters, and they will eventually rage quit just like on the wii u.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty excited to play an 6 years old game on the go, oh wait, you can already do it with an gpd win. Fifa? funny, nintendo users are well known for not buying those stuff. Plus, do you really think a basketball game will do well on a nintendo platform? This is just third party developers testing out the waters, and they will eventually rage quit just like on the wii u.
Yeah, that's true. I may be overly optimistic but the reason they quit on the Wii U was because it was clunky and had bad sales. The Switch is a lot less clunky and the sales numbers are great so I don't think too many developers will jump ship.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That* stuff.
Actually, YOU are the funny one here. You are a narrow-minded Nintendo hater, you wouldn't have enough space to consider that you have no idea whatsoever what the Nintendo community is like in your tiny brain.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know the whole "mod" whining about skyrim and fallout is why I refuse to call that good games. If you have to have mods or say "You need *blank* mod to play" there is an inherent problem with the game.

Reactions: Seliph

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, that's true. I may be overly optimistic but the reason they quit on the Wii U was because it was clunky and had bad sales. The Switch is a lot less clunky and the sales numbers are great so I don't think too many developers will jump ship.
Well its still a great game can play it portability will be good idk why they keep sticking to Skyrim and scrolls 6 is taking forever

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

This is just... so dumb.... You dont even know shit about Ninti and it costumers and you are playing the crystal ball reader. Stop it hater.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
It is funny how current 3rd party AAA games 'do not matter' on Nintendo platforms according to hardcore Nintendo fans, yet a 6 (almost 7 now) years old multiplat (yet not on Nintendo at the time), played-to-the-absolute-death game (Skyrim) gets released on the Switch everyone and their grandmothers wet their pants. 3rd party games DO play a big role on console sales. Deal with it. You are proving it by hyping Skyrim up. Imagine the hype if all current AAA titles could be played on the Switch. Yeah, i know, it is not that easy to port right now (do not let me go into 'i told you so' mode, which many people went, logically, after the specs were revealed), all i am trying to say is Nintendo would be more relevant if they made a home console that could have these titles too. I know some people prefer the portability. Myself, i prefer a large game library, even if i have to sacrifice portability. Perhaps they could have both by not unifying their portable & home divisions. Well, let's hope they pull rabbits out of their asses later on cause this is really their last trick up their sleeve as far as promoting the Switch to the industry goes.

I am prepared to be disappointed, so anything above average will be good. Just hope in first party goodness, please no 1000s of indies. I can play all these on pretty much anything, including my toaster, little reason to buy a £280 machine for that. Bring on the big guns! Can't see why they couldn't now that they merged the development pools... HURRY UP!!!

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.