PS4 steals the thunder from Switch... again.

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Skyrim PSVR and Monster Hunter on PS4. Well, PS4 is certainly the system to get all the big games without a doubt.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    There is no link costume on ps4 :creep:

But Now two games i want marvel vs capcom infinite and dragon ball z, on ps4, But need xenoblade 2 and super mario oddesy, seem like only 4 games left for me to get on switch this year. :P

Stephano and ov3rkill like this.
  3. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    To play as Link I'd just prefer to play a Zelda game. It is what it is, the Switch is for its exclusives and PS4 is for its exclusives as well AND multiplats.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Can't keep a console alive without a exclusive game/content. How things work. Whatever appeals to the consumer. :P

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Shouldn't this be posted in the PS4 section.

Eddypikachu, Memoir and omegasoul6 like this.
  6. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Not a fan of the way Monster Hunter world looks, too different from the regular formula. XX localization would still win for me.

Eddypikachu, Empu1, blujay and 2 others like this.
  7. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    Unless you want to play them with some degree of portability.

I bought Disgaea 5 on the switch for this reason.

8. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Super cynical and pessimistic view to have before Nintendo has even had their press conference. That'd be like saying i got a better birthday present than you after I just had my birthday, but before you've had yours.

9. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    Shouldn't we wait and see before declaring thunder stolen.

10. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Of course not! Lets just assume the worst, because that'll fit the Sony fan/Nintendo troll's agenda. I mean this is the same guy that told us to assume that Mario Odyssey is delayed despite there being no indication whatsoever that is the case.

Last edited by duffmmann, Jun 13, 2017
  11. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I'd say so far into E3 the Sony's offering looks very strong but we still have tomorrow for Nintendo's offering and perhaps further into the week after E3 has ended for more titles to be announced for the Switch (it's just the way Nintendo has been doing things lately, announcements one week before E3 and I will not be surprised there's going to be announcements further into the week after E3 main show from 3rd party developers).

On the topic, Skyrim for the Switch looks very promising plus we're due to get a full fledged Monster Hunter for the Switch come next year (at least for Japan); there's still TGS 2017 later this year in which I think the Switch will have many more titles announced from Japanese developers.

Saiyan Lusitano and Thirty3Three like this.
  12. DarkSeele

DarkSeele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Antarctica
    Nope. Their twitter confirmed that is coming to PC and Xbox consoles too. Not exclusive.

#PCMasterRace

5 minutes of gameplay

Last edited by DarkSeele, Jun 13, 2017
    StarTrekVoyager and Most-Wanted like this.
  13. Dogenberg

Dogenberg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    Italy
    For skyrim vr you will also need the PSVR, so console+PSVR+game=at least 700€ while skyrim+switch=400€ and it's also portable (i also don't like vr so much but that doesn't matter).
    MH world will also be on PC and xbox, it'll be surely better on PC but i don't really like it, it looks too different so i think XX on switch will be better

felix.200 likes this.
  14. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Hmmmmm.... I wasn't impressed by the Sony presentation.
    TBH, the way it is turning out I would say MS is "winning" the E3, and that with me being disappointed of their presentation a couple of days ago (that talks about the low bar set by this E3)

Regarding the Switch and Nintendo, we will know in a couple of hours, but my expectation are so low I can't think I would be disappointed.

15. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    thing is, its just a matter of time before nintendo's WOW factor dies down and it becomes a system you hear little of and only adverts you see is nintendo advertising its own games.

i can see this system being no different, it will have little support, its weak so far considering nintendo again have promised better third party support, all i see in the line up this year and even coming next year is basic games.

its like third parties are wanting to just slap out cheap games so that if (like past) it doesnt sell, then they havent invested a great deal and lose out.

but i know the fans will blindy refuse this, they always do, if the switch had the games i wanted then i would be sat happily playing it, but the system since launch has had nothing..... zelda was to me the worse zelda game ever but had no choice to play it because it was all the system had even worthy of playing.

im just glad i never had to pay for the switch because i knew it would be how it is, its been like this starting more so since the cube.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  16. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    I thought Nintendo won't be presenting E3 this year.

17. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I really get behind this.
    Disgaea 5 has been eating my free time, be it at home or on the go.
    But sure I prefer to watch the opening in 55", and also even on the go, I prefer whenever I sit down to let the Switch sit on its kickstand and play using the Pro Controller, the big analog of the Pro Controller just feels way better, I think I've fallen in love with that analog stick.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well, they will be "presenting", as in showing a video with yet unpublished news and things. Part of my pre-disappointment.

18. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    majornelson.png
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MajinCubyan likes this.
  19. Sinful Shadow

Sinful Shadow Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    United States
    XD youve clearly never played wand of gamelon or zeldas adventure or faces of evil if you think breath of the wild is worse than any of those three you must have some serious brain damage to be that stupid

20. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    kudos for them ones, but games in general were rather shite back then.

so i will rephrase then, its one of the worse and most boring zelda games.