Hacking PS4 PARAM.SFO File Missing After Dump

Gusaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it. I'm stuck. I have been working on this for so many hours and searching for a fix. I was backing up my game. It dumped, but the param.sfo file is missing from the folder so I cannot run the gengp4.exe to create a package. The CUSA___.complete file is there.

Thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it. I'm stuck. I have been working on this for so many hours and searching for a fix. I was backing up my game. It dumped, but the param.sfo file is missing from the folder so I cannot run the gengp4.exe to create a package. The CUSA___.complete file is there.

Thank you

Try dumping the game again.

Gusaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Hayato 213. Thank you for your response. I tried dumping it twice and tried another game twice. Still no param.sfo file. It showed the dumping file messages on the PS4 and said dump complete, shutting down. But this file is missing. Maybe not a complete dump as it said even though the CUSA__.complete file is there.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Hayato 213. Thank you for your response. I tried dumping it twice and tried another game twice. Still no param.sfo file. It showed the dumping file messages on the PS4 and said dump complete, shutting down. But this file is missing. Maybe not a complete dump as it said even though the CUSA__.complete file is there.

You could create a Param.sfo if you know what you are doing by using the fake package generator pack.

Gusaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new at this. I have the fake package tools. I do not know how to create a param.sfo file. I am not sure which program does this. I tried GP4 Generator Of course need SFO file to use this. Can you please tell me which program to use to create a Param.sfo file? I can play with this and try to get it to work. Thank you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new at this. I have the fake package tools. I do not know how to create a param.sfo file. I am not sure which program does this. I tried GP4 Generator Of course need SFO file to use this. Can you please tell me which program to use to create a Param.sfo file? I can play with this and try to get it to work. Thank you.

The file are in the Fake Package Generator pack that you can find on Psxhax, orbis-pub-chk is what you use to check and extract file from a package that was already created, you can either use a previously created Param.sfo and edit and work from there or build a new one. These tools are part of the Obris pub pack.

What game are you trying to build?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 980
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 989
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,021
Last edited by Hayato213,

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure both Cusa folder of the dumped game & gp4 file are in the same location/folder. Then try opening the gp4 file.

Peluki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thank you

Hi ...
Don't know if you have sorted out the problem, but, a problem it sure is! Firstly are you sure that the param.sfo is actually missing or being reported by gengp4 as being missing? Many people follow various guides to perform PC mods for the PS4 and make a hash of altering the patch detail using a hex editor, and therefore corrupt the param.sfo which will show as missing/not found! but is actually still there! If you have not been making any adjustments of that nature to the file, and it is actually missing you need to try a re-dump, if the file is actually still missing after this get a new dumper, but, you need to sort the problem, as trying to create a new param.sfo yourself is not a job for the faint hearted - Good Luck ...

Tixi72

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

Thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey. Same happened to me. Discovered that it was when I changed install location to external HDD. Lots of files weren’t generated. Went back to internal drive and problem solved.

Reactions: jnl1

Peluki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey. Same happened to me. Discovered that it was when I changed install location to external HDD. Lots of files weren’t generated. Went back to internal drive and problem solved.

Hi ...

I would like - Please! if you would! - to fully explain how what you have said here would explain and be applicable to a missing param.sfo file!

Thanks ...

Tixi72

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PS4RIP.PNG
Hi ...

I would like - Please! if you would! - to fully explain how what you have said here would explain and be applicable to a missing param.sfo file!

Thanks ...
Hello - I don't know how to explain it other than i was dumping games for a while without problems. Then when it started to dump games without some files even though saying complete,
i thought about what changes i'd made. And the only change was the Install location on the PS4 itself. Hence when i changed it back and tried again all dumps are working again since.
The difference when it was happening was that when running the dumper whilst on internal it wouldn't start dumping to USB0 straight away. Would wait til "Copying game files" completed then start dumping.
Whilst on EXT HDD it would start copying to USB0 straight away which i knew was different than before. All i can think of is that when installing games to EXT HDD maybe the param.sfo and other files are stored
on the internal HDD therefore not copied over to USB0.
Don't know.

Pic below shows the files that were not generated when it was an issue
PS4RIP.PNG
PS4RIP.PNG PS4RIP.PNG

Peluki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tixi72 ...
I am indeed grateful for your response, and thank you for it. Having had a number of mails regarding the Dumper and Dumping. I noticed the two of the premier Dumper Tutorials from Mr Mario and Modded Warfare both reported anomolies and/or useage problems using the Dumper, especially the former who provides instructions on the way he used it to overcome issues that he experienced. From what I can currently ascertain the issues are to do with how it is used and/or hosted and certainly nothing whatsoever to do with the actual App itself.

An isolated missing param.sfo is really another case altogether which I touched upon in an earlier post. To explain, I provided a friend with a prelimenary tutorial of how to install the Fallout 4 PC Terminal Cheat Mod on the PS4 for a friend of his who had been seriously ill, and was still having extreme dexterity issues and problems! When he came to doing the patch build it reported that the param.sfo was missing and couldn't figure out just what was going on or indeed what to do! and asked for my help. What he had actually done is a backspace delete on one of the bytes and deleted a nybble instead of over-writing it! which corrupted the param.sfo which obviously caused issues all round! The Game ini file and parameter.sfo are very important instructional files and don't take kindly to being modified, and certainly not incorrectly!

I like to use a self contained host myself, and use my own exploit handler currently using the ESP8266 interface, for which I wrote my own Sketch from the ground-up, and which also uses a Micro SD Card interface, and so I use all self contained exploits using the Arduino SD Interface using the mandatory DOS 8-3 format, and have used both the 1.6 and 1.7 Dumper versions without any issues whatsoever!

Although you have given a full account on what you experienced, it doesn't really give enough information to allow full analysis of the problem, certainly what you have said and how you was going about it appears a very strange way to do it to me. Also, I have not gone into the Dumping Code so have no idea on how it would prove completion or integrity, most of these types of programs just use a recursive loop function and just provide a completion notification on exit! but I cannot imagine used correctly it would miss any files? and feel sure you must have experienced a utilisation problem somewhere along the line! ...

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can extract the .sfo from a original pkg-file via PS4 package viewer and then use it to build your fpkg.

Xdey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help! Ive been trying to play Until Dawn on pc through emulating. It says that the dump is good but when i run the game it shows a nop lib error and a param.sfo missing although its still there in the game files. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1