Hacking PS4 games on External Hard Drive, PS4 internal drive corrupted

molebdynum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone. I have my PS4 on 5.05 using the web exploit. I dumped multiple games backups onto a 3tb external hard drive. My problem is that my PS4 internal Hard drive was corrupted. So I restored the hard drive, but now the games I have on the external hard drive are no longer accessible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
unmount and remount it and wait if it work in Library (if you set it as Extended storage and make new pkg installed on this storage)

molebdynum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unmount and remount it and wait if it work in Library (if you set it as Extended storage and make new pkg installed on this storage)

It says to Format as EXFAT. It is already formatted as EXFAT. I have been using App2Usb to move files off of my internal tot his external hard drive. I don't understand why it will no longer check the drive. I modified the app2usb.ini fill to Check the drive

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I understand, the internal hdd is symlinked to the external hdd via a type of forwarder with app2usb, so if the internal hdd gets corrupted, chances are that the external hdd games won't work any longer.

molebdynum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from what I understand, the internal hdd is symlinked to the external hdd via a type of forwarder with app2usb, so if the internal hdd gets corrupted, chances are that the external hdd games won't work any longer.
Thanks for the answer. I guess I can just re-install the pkg. files separately and reformat the drive as extended storage.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answer. I guess I can just re-install the pkg. files separately and reformat the drive as extended storage.
next time, install pkg to external HDD instead, you can always moving it to external or internal storage like me
and you can use that ext hdd storage on any ps4 have fw below 6.72 or 7.02

plugged in, game on ext hdd will show up after 1-2 minutes

molebdynum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
next time, install pkg to external HDD instead, you can always moving it to external or internal storage like me
and you can use that ext hdd storage on any ps4 have fw below 6.72 or 7.02

plugged in, game on ext hdd will show up after 1-2 minutes

Ok so the external drive I was using is not able to be seen by the PS4. I switched it out with another external. Is there a way to install the pkg files to this new external drive, without putting the games on a usb stick to install first? Like say go from PC to external hard drive directly?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the external drive I was using is not able to be seen by the PS4. I switched it out with another external. Is there a way to install the pkg files to this new external drive, without putting the games on a usb stick to install first? Like say go from PC to external hard drive directly?
Wait what? you can install the pkgs from the external HDD you dont need another usb for that. Also no you have to install all the game from the external to the ps4's internal then use app2usb if you want to move them back to the "extended" external HDD

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
ps4 pkg sender, search with that but remember plugged both PC - PS4 with LAN cable- best is cat5e->cat6 and pc with gigabit etherlan lan

speed around 45-60MB/s, very fast, now i'm always using that method forever, say goodbye to regular install

Last edited by warriosbest,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo