1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    they've been patched, all of them.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sony thought the ps3 was unhackable, even saying so before release, so they were caught unprepared.

2. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hard to be mad when he's given so much life to otherwise pointless systems. But does feel a little sell out ISH, but then again you gotta get paid so it is what it is.
    TV console hacks haven't been the same since PS3 & 360, latest consoles aren't nearly as fun without a hack

owdeuk likes this.
  3. Valery0p

Valery0p GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Didn't the other kernel exploit already work on 7.0x or something, but no one had a webkit vuln to burn?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    yes until recently. a webkit vulnerability has been found that works up to 7.5x.

Valery0p likes this.
  5. Supoc

Supoc Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Beautiful, respect for the revealing of the exploit!

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    one of the biggest fuck ups by sony was not authenticating what device is downloading their content. granted you need the license, but there are apps that provide that. this is even true with the ps4. you can get their god links with a proxy, same with ps3, vita, and psp. I wonder if you can with the ps5? I mean even nintendo fixed that with the switch.

7. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

United States
    Nothing has been released though right?

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    payloads have been updated to 8.00, I believe, but nothing has really been released, no.

TheZander likes this.
  9. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Good for them, they've done so much work for the scene they deserve a nice payday

Henx and owdeuk like this.
  10. Cyberfalcon

Cyberfalcon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Where can I find past update files? The official PS site only has the latest one.

11. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Hack everything, hack the world!

United States
    See next post

Last edited by White_Raven_X, Jan 14, 2021
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    ...why? They're public update files, which are 100% fine to link here.

https://darthsternie.net/ps4-firmwares/ < you can grab them here.

tabzer, KiiWii and Cyberfalcon like this.
  13. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Hack everything, hack the world!

United States
  14. adamsef

adamsef Member
    Newcomer

I have followed TheFl0w for years and his vita hacks he is amazing and a massive thank you to him and his hard work

DavidinCT and Henx like this.
  15. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I mean if we are going to be honest most people who do jailbreak/mod their system do it to pirate games. Piracy is probably one of the main reasons why people jailbreak I mean sure homebrew and etc..etc.. but most people are not going to give up playing online just to play games from 20 years ago or use some apps when they can use apps on other devices that can give better performance. I get what you are saying but I also get what the other guy is saying too, I agree with the other guy more what he gave to Sony is worth more than $10,000. I'm pretty sure SXOS made more than $10,000.

YES I do agree with you of some people feel entitled for a jailbreak but I prefer that you charge me for the jailbreak and get the job done efficiently. (Some people will hate me for this) But none of the scenes were efficient when it came to releasing jailbreaks because of the ongoing cat and mouse game they played. I rather receive a jailbreak at EOL knowing that it will be efficient versus getting the jailbreak at mid life of a system just to be locked out of future games or online. Half these guys release a jailbreak for their 5 minutes of fame but that jailbreak could have been effective at the EOL. I mean constantly jumping from CFW to CFW is NOT EFFICIENT.

At EOL everyone wins because Sony/Nintendo has moved on to the newer console and they are not even making the older console. You wouldn't be under pressure (I mean they will be upset) but not as upset but again that's my 2 cents. The Flow could have teamed up with SXOS (same guys who made Trueblue dongle in the PS3 scene) and could have easily made $250K. Sony is a billion dollar company they gave him table scraps when that jailbreak is much more.

Some people will disagree for paying for jailbreaks but I digress pay people for their time because if not they will just take the table scraps from a company. The Fl0w was IN NEED of those $10,000 and he took it. Most these guys work for free so to him it's $10,000 more in his pocket versus the 10,000 people complaining to him and not even giving him a dollar so I understand both sides.

Last edited by Goku1992A, Jan 14, 2021
  16. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't read your full post but most games I've pirated over the years I wouldn't of bought anyway even for £1, and because I got to try some games free, I ended up buying em or later releases of said franchise. Dude who you were replying to seems a real bitch, hate squeaky clean fools like that. Priorities fucked up for getting the most out of the system you bought eediot

Henx and Goku1992A like this.
  17. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Fan

Norway
    for sure this year he can find an exploits for FW 8x also :) kudos to this guy sharing his knowledge to the community since psvita scene :)

18. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    yes, 5.05 backport for TLOU2 incoming!

DavidinCT likes this.
  19. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    There are some sites out there that are sticklers when it comes to sharing firmware updates since they're copyright protected. I remember this being a thing with the PSP. There were some forums back in the day that had zero tolerance for sharing these files, and I guess that same principle has carried on, even though Sony makes the files publicly available. Think of it like how you can't share SXOS here since it contains Nintendo code. That's their line of thinking.

Last edited by Joom, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:29 PM
  20. Cyberfalcon

Cyberfalcon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Are the recovery files for when you want to restore your PS4?
    I'm planning to upgrade my HDD to a bigger one later this year but I want to stay in 7.51.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, revealed, exploit