PS4 firmware 7.55 exploit revealed by TheFlow

ps4-logo-png.216379
An exploit for the PS4's firmware 7.55 was revealed today by hacking scene member TheFlow. However, it was actually reported back in June 2020 and disclosed only today as TheFlow worked with Sony's HackerOne bounty program to patch this vulnerability. The reported exploit was marked as resolved in October. TheFlow also did similar disclosures with previous exploits he found and helped fix.

The HackerOne page notes that this vulnerability can cause a "fully chained remote attack" when used with a WebKit exploit, steal/manipulate user data and even dump and run pirated games. As such, it could be used together with the Webkit exploit from last December to jailbreak PS4 systems on firmware 7.55. However, no relevant files have been made publicly available regarding the FW 7.55 exploit with today's disclosure.

:arrow: SOURCE

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they've been patched, all of them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sony thought the ps3 was unhackable, even saying so before release, so they were caught unprepared.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to be mad when he's given so much life to otherwise pointless systems. But does feel a little sell out ISH, but then again you gotta get paid so it is what it is.
TV console hacks haven't been the same since PS3 & 360, latest consoles aren't nearly as fun without a hack

Reactions: phonemonkey

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the biggest fuck ups by sony was not authenticating what device is downloading their content. granted you need the license, but there are apps that provide that. this is even true with the ps4. you can get their god links with a proxy, same with ps3, vita, and psp. I wonder if you can with the ps5? I mean even nintendo fixed that with the switch.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't afford games, you shouldn't buy a console. If you're buying a console just to steal games, your priorities are really f*cked up. Plus you're entitled to absolutely nothing. TheFlow found the exploit, so it's his to do whatever he pleases with it. He should've given it to Sony and just buried the exploit there. The PlayStation scene is very toxic and riddled with dipshits like you that think they are entitled to unreleased exploits. So happy for TheFlow on his departure from the PS scene.

I mean if we are going to be honest most people who do jailbreak/mod their system do it to pirate games. Piracy is probably one of the main reasons why people jailbreak I mean sure homebrew and etc..etc.. but most people are not going to give up playing online just to play games from 20 years ago or use some apps when they can use apps on other devices that can give better performance. I get what you are saying but I also get what the other guy is saying too, I agree with the other guy more what he gave to Sony is worth more than $10,000. I'm pretty sure SXOS made more than $10,000.

YES I do agree with you of some people feel entitled for a jailbreak but I prefer that you charge me for the jailbreak and get the job done efficiently. (Some people will hate me for this) But none of the scenes were efficient when it came to releasing jailbreaks because of the ongoing cat and mouse game they played. I rather receive a jailbreak at EOL knowing that it will be efficient versus getting the jailbreak at mid life of a system just to be locked out of future games or online. Half these guys release a jailbreak for their 5 minutes of fame but that jailbreak could have been effective at the EOL. I mean constantly jumping from CFW to CFW is NOT EFFICIENT.

At EOL everyone wins because Sony/Nintendo has moved on to the newer console and they are not even making the older console. You wouldn't be under pressure (I mean they will be upset) but not as upset but again that's my 2 cents. The Flow could have teamed up with SXOS (same guys who made Trueblue dongle in the PS3 scene) and could have easily made $250K. Sony is a billion dollar company they gave him table scraps when that jailbreak is much more.

Some people will disagree for paying for jailbreaks but I digress pay people for their time because if not they will just take the table scraps from a company. The Fl0w was IN NEED of those $10,000 and he took it. Most these guys work for free so to him it's $10,000 more in his pocket versus the 10,000 people complaining to him and not even giving him a dollar so I understand both sides.

Last edited by Goku1992A,

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if we are going to be honest most people who do jailbreak/mod their system do it to pirate games. Piracy is probably one of the main reasons why people jailbreak I mean sure homebrew and etc..etc.. but most people are not going to give up playing online just to play games from 20 years ago or use some apps when they can use apps on other devices that can give better performance. I get what you are saying but I also get what the other guy is saying too, I agree with the other guy more what he gave to Sony is worth more than $10,000. I'm pretty sure SXOS made more than $10,000.

YES I do agree with you of some people feel entitled for a jailbreak but I prefer that you charge me for the jailbreak and get the job done efficiently. (Some people will hate me for this) But none of the scenes were efficient when it came to releasing jailbreaks because of the ongoing cat and mouse game they played. I rather receive a jailbreak at EOL knowing that it will be efficient versus getting the jailbreak at mid life of a system just to be locked out of future games or online. Half these guys release a jailbreak for their 5 minutes of fame but that jailbreak could have been effective at the EOL. I mean constantly jumping from CFW to CFW is NOT EFFICIENT.

At EOL everyone wins because Sony/Nintendo has moved on to the newer console and they are not even making the older console. You wouldn't be under pressure (I mean they will be upset) but not as upset but again that's my 2 cents. The Flow could have teamed up with SXOS (same guys who made Trueblue dongle in the PS3 scene) and could have easily made $250K. Sony is a billion dollar company they gave him table scraps when that jailbreak is much more.

Some people will disagree for paying for jailbreaks but I digress pay people for their time because if not they will just take the table scraps from a company. The Fl0w was IN NEED of those $10,000 and he took it. Most these guys work for free so to him it's $10,000 more in his pocket versus the 10,000 people complaining to him and not even giving him a dollar so I understand both sides.

I haven't read your full post but most games I've pirated over the years I wouldn't of bought anyway even for £1, and because I got to try some games free, I ended up buying em or later releases of said franchise. Dude who you were replying to seems a real bitch, hate squeaky clean fools like that. Priorities fucked up for getting the most out of the system you bought eediot

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
There are some sites out there that are sticklers when it comes to sharing firmware updates since they're copyright protected. I remember this being a thing with the PSP. There were some forums back in the day that had zero tolerance for sharing these files, and I guess that same principle has carried on, even though Sony makes the files publicly available. Think of it like how you can't share SXOS here since it contains Nintendo code. That's their line of thinking.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins