Hacking PS4 connected to a workplace network

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a ps4 connected to a network cable that normally plugs into the back of a pc and used it to download/play some games.

I wanted to know if someone was to check where/how all this bandwidth was being used, how would the ps4 show up?

Would it just be something like an IP address or would it clearly say PlayStation?

Thanks

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The remote IP addresses will totally resolve to a bunch of *.playstation.net URLs.

I suggest you next time to hide behind a VPN, but this will only mask the end point, even if your workplace uses DHCP to assign IPs a network admin worth his salt can pinpoint the desk a network device is plugged in.

Reactions: Youser

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The remote IP addresses will totally resolve to a bunch of *.playstation.net URLs.

I suggest you next time to hide behind a VPN, but this will only mask the end point, even if your workplace uses DHCP to assign IPs a network admin worth his salt can pinpoint the desk a network device is plugged in.

So from a quick look they shouldn't it be able to tell that it was an actual console that was connected? Just that something was downloading stuff from PlayStation.net?

D

Deleted User

i could tell cause your mac wouldn't match my machines and i would definitely start getting suspicious. If I were awake and looking that is. Easy way for you to know is log in to your router right. What does your ps4 identify as? I login to routers all day and oddly some show as ps4's and some don't give a description just an ip...

Reactions: PotsAlot

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about if I plugged the network cable into a travel router and then connected the ps4 to the router via wifi...

Would that completely block out the ps4 and only show the travel router being the one using the bandwidth?

D

Deleted User

gosh I guess yes device would be behind another device. Routers will typically identify as their model so that would definitely attract MY ATTENTION...but most people would prob be concerned with lunch and donuts if you catch my drift...

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gosh I guess yes device would be behind another device. Routers will typically identify as their model so that would definitely attract MY ATTENTION...but most people would prob be concerned with lunch and donuts if you catch my drift...

Yes most people. I've heard a rumour at work that there been some talk of someone downloading shi!t (not me). The day I hear this rumour I had downloaded 80gb of games LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I think we as a society should take the Cave Johnson approach to scientific studies