yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found a little round up of rumours for the two new consoles, thought i'd share

Next Gen PlayStation
  • Teams have started to call the final name as Omni.
  • Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy.
  • Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2.
  • Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine.
  • The new controllers whether it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay.
  • Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499.
  • Aims are for a September 2013 launch.
  • Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaikai.
  • This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud.
  • Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device.
  • Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.
Next Gen Xbox
  • Microsoft is slated to be the most powerful out of all the next gen consoles about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni.
  • The project has gone through many name iterations and will not be decided on until shortly before it’s E3 unveiling.
  • Microsoft is also running into manufacturing issues and developers not having games done on time so instead of delaying the launch to Summer 2014, they are thinking of “soft launching” it Holiday November 2013 and then have a full blow out in the summer.
  • All units will come with Kinect 2 built in which can track up to four people, all objects in the living room, clothing, face structure and fingers.
  • In 2014, Microsoft will introduce the “LiveWall”, a omni-projection unit that will allow game environments to be projected nearly 360 degrees around the user.
  • Using Kinect 2, they have two demos of one that is a battlefield RTS and one that is a kung fu game with guys attacking all around.
  • The LiveWall can also project different images on the wall, so people can play different games on different walls.
  • Microsoft is prepared to champion this unit as a cheaper and more effective alternative to wearing a “goofy stupid VR headset” to combat Sony’s Omniviewer while Sony is going to point out the low resolution quality and the lack of privacy.
  • The system is going to be very expensive in the $499 range so Microsoft is planning on using a remolded X-Box Live (Possibly renamed X-Box Life) to offer a Pro (Gold) subscription two or three-year contract to sell the unit at $300 – $399.
  • The final goal with the tech is to shrink the system on a chip down enough so it can be put into tablets, PCs and Smart TVs so that all devices are X-Box ready.
Source
Don't know how reliable the sources for these specific bits of information are but thought it interesting none the less

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
you forgot one little amazing console: Ouya. It will be the weak, and cheap choose from now on.

Edit: By the way, good rumour compilation here, I'll use this topic as reference, thank you

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like the "get a physical/digital copy of a game and get access to the Cloud version on all certified devices" idea, but I'm not buying the "360 degrees environment projector" one at all - this ain't no Star Wars. That, and the horsepower sounds way off - I believe that the Nextgen's are going to be more powerful than the WiiU, but the numbers seem to be way off. I guess we'll see - so far this is just some more speculation. ;)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My policy is that console rumors are bullshit until proven otherwise.

It's worked out pretty well for me so far.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that the Nextgen's are going to be more powerful than the WiiU, but the numbers seem to be way off. I guess we'll see - so far this is just some more speculation. ;)

My theory on the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft is that they will be capable than the Wii-U but not nearly as much as some people seem to think. If they are then we will have another "599 US dollars." situation and I just cant see Sony or Microsoft being that ignorant of the economy and past mistakes.

One side of me wants Microsoft and Sony to release these ultra expensive machines just so I can laugh while Nintendo tries to figure out where to store all the money... The other side of me would like to see a much closer competition in terms of power and price, a return to the old 16 bit wars.... Maybe then quality could make a return as a feature.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish companies would stop with the whole "motion fad". Let's be honest, Kinect, it sucks, absolutely no good games for it and it's a useless piece of shit. PS Move, while does work, for some games, there's really no point.

Reactions: Arm73
D

Deleted_171835

That's the biggest pile of shit I've read this year.

This doesn't even deserve the "rumour" label, just classify it as "bullshit".

Reactions: XPro

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is no one cares about the Ouya. Well apart from LightyKD.

LMAO! I was mentioned! Aww, how sweet ;) -Yes, I'm a Ouya fan but it's mostly because I believe this will be the system of the 99%. For as long as I can remember, the game industry has always catered to the more monetarily stable gamer leaving the rest to wait for years just to catch up. Ouya starts off as a open, mass market priced console with cloud ability for those AAA games. It's hard to deny that there is a ton of potential here. Besides, who is to say that what ever PlayStation cloud services, incoming, wont be ported to the little silver cube? Many of you know that I believe that the industry might be better suited with a two tier war (high end consoles in one room and low end consoles in the other) so that all developers can find their standing point and niche. It might not happen this gen but With Ouya coming, the idea wont be so far off.

Back to the thread at hand, I think this is a good idea. It's always nice to have the rumors lined up and then list check when we get the facts :) Keep em' coming OP!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
a physical AND a streaming copy? I think they're gonna have problems with people reselling their physical copies.

Also, I just read someone comment on a rumor somewhere else in the forum that Microsoft's new console was just gonna be clocked at 1.63ghz which still WOULD be an improvement since the 360's proc was so inefficient for what it can do with it's clock cycles.

More rumors.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
(...) Ouya starts off as a open, mass market priced console with cloud ability for those AAA games. It's hard to deny that there is a ton of potential here.
Because OpenPandora, Dingoo, GP32 (handheld family), Gizmondo and others did so well on the market, after all.

No - Ouya is an underpowered (as compared to its competition) piece of hardware running an operating system that is not gaming-oriented - Android runs its applications through a Virtual Machine, wasting the already scarce resources of this system. This is acceptable for Smartphone-level video games, but not for AAA-type productions. Ouya will flop and will become a console for enthusiasts, just like its forementioned compatriots have. If it was based on an actual, full-blown Linux distribution with native applications, I might have a different opinion, but with Android? Not a chance... and keep in mind, I'm an Android supporter. It's a great mobile OS. Ouya won't be mobile - Ouya is a home console.

Funnily enough, it has stellar specs... for a portable... which it isn't.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's baseless specs-ulation; these rumors had no credibility to begin with.
No, just no. Wii u stop? That's becoming so over used.

Throwing a dart at all these rumors , some of those things have to be true. :P

Play advocate,

The 720 does have to carry kinect, play multiple games at once and a bunch of other stuff
if this is somehow true.

a physical AND a streaming copy? I think they're gonna have problems with people reselling their physical copies.
Maybe they will lock the copies to the system. Which would be mess up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]