Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Theyre obviously going to hang onto this for as long as possible to retain the flaw for the highest firmware revision usable.

Its standard practise, its frustrating but its definitely the best way in the long run!

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah you referring to Gehot towards ps3? Sony or Google ended up hiring him

They reached an settlement outside court (Geohot and Sony) where he pledged to never touch a Sony console in the future if they dropped the suit. And he started working at Facebook, for a short stint and the Google again for few months...

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/966299691876061187

dropping hints, not necessarily rest mode but a promising list...

@peteruk

Oh sweet ! that does sound promising mate, very promising in fact, he is actually one of a small group of dev types who's word I do actually trust

Mine is on 5.0 as I recall, do you think it's worth me updating to 5.1 or shall I just hang fire and see what develops ? (in the knowledge I can update to 5.1 at any future point via usb)

These release packages designed for 4.05 that are floating around, in theory should work with higher fw's when exploits are made public, or is this making assumptions until more is known ?

Last edited by peteruk,
Reactions: kop365 and KiiWii

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh sweet ! that does sound promising mate, very promising in fact, he is actually one of a small group of dev types who's word I do actually trust

Mine is on 5.0 as I recall, do you think it's worth me updating to 5.1 or shall I just hang fire and see what develops ? (in the knowledge I can update to 5.1 at any future point via usb)

He twitted something like this in 2016 about 3.70 (https://twitter dot com/Mathieulh/status/807702017682587649) to what became the named exploit, so i guesstimate a 18~24 months ETA. ^__^

Reactions: peteruk

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

These release packages designed for 4.05 that are floating around, in theory should work with higher fw's when exploits are made public, or is this making assumptions until more is known ?

I would hang on to 5.0.

the 4.05 ones: theyre just decrypted on 4.05 consoles, dumped and fake signed.

Any game dumped on lower or equal version fw should work fine mate.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I find odd is why people were so riled up about the information regarding how one could theoretically change the firmware requirements of PS4 games. The fact is the games must be decrypted to allow use of the game regardless of firm version meaning the information while nothing new also doesn't help anyone unless they can find a means of decorating the games. This of course requires key strings that we can't calculate (yet and maybe never.) So the only other option is to exploit the kernel on a firmware equal to or greater than the required firmware for said game. In short it was just another tease at higher firmware exploits. Though I wouldn't call this thread a tease I will say I hope to see a working release sooner than not.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mikey420 the Russian dumper of Horizon confirmed that he has 4.05 console.

4.07 dumps confirmed working on 4.05 by spoofing files within them: no new keys needed.

I believe hes just figured out and spoofed his 4.05 to 4.07 and dumped games as they contain same keyset.

I have no doubt there are higher exploits in private, but this example didnt require it.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mikey420 the Russian dumper of Horizon confirmed that he has 4.05 console.

4.07 dumps confirmed working on 4.05 by spoofing files within them: no new keys needed.

I believe hes just figured out and spoofed his 4.05 to 4.07 and dumped games as they contain same keyset.

I have no doubt there are higher exploits in private, but this example didnt require it.

yes there is a publicly available 4.07 exploit, however there is currently no usable method developed to run payloads/exploits. I don't really think anyone is working on developing this as most are concentrating on the 5.xx exploit.

I wouldn't expect to see any progress on 4.07 anytime soon, if ever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I find odd is why people were so riled up about the information regarding how one could theoretically change the firmware requirements of PS4 games. The fact is the games must be decrypted to allow use of the game regardless of firm version meaning the information while nothing new also doesn't help anyone unless they can find a means of decorating the games. This of course requires key strings that we can't calculate (yet and maybe never.) So the only other option is to exploit the kernel on a firmware equal to or greater than the required firmware for said game. In short it was just another tease at higher firmware exploits. Though I wouldn't call this thread a tease I will say I hope to see a working release sooner than not.

Again, this is wrong. There is a private method to resign higher firmware games to work on 4.05. It is too complicated for the everyday user but never-the-less it does exist.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this is nice. I think mine is on 5.03.

How to disable updates for PS4? I'd like to know right now because ofcourse the PS4 will connect to the internet as soon as it's turned on.

Delete all the settings for your router/gateway from the PS4. And it shouldn't connect as soon as you turn it on if you don't have it set that way, anyway.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really. "Releasing" an "exploit" itself isn't an illegal act, as long as it doesn't contain copyrighted materials. However sharing games is piracy and is illegal.

Sony can at most bribe people to destroy their work, like what Nintendo is doing (bounty program!!).

Reactions: rednekcowboy

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really. "Releasing" an "exploit" itself isn't an illegal act, as long as it doesn't contain copyrighted materials. However sharing games is piracy and is illegal.

Sony can at most bribe people to destroy their work, like what Nintendo is doing (bounty program!!).
I would do some research on Sony's history of this. If you think Sony would let a mass PS4 hack on recent firmware go around without doing anything well I dunno what to say.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would do some research on Sony's history of this. If you think Sony would let a mass PS4 hack on recent firmware go around without doing anything well I dunno what to say.

PS3 with OOS: went for and sued Geohot

Vita: taiHEN/Ensou 3.60 = no action
PS3: PS3Xploit 4.82 = no action
PS4: 1.76-4.05 (public) Various web exploits = no action.

I agree with the sentiment that if the latest FW was hacked on their latest console they would go apeshit.

Last edited by KiiWii,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I agree with the sentiment that if the latest FW was hacked on their latest console they would go apeshit.
PS3 with 3.55 = attack geo
Vita = was always dead, they never cared
PS3 4.82= it's 2018 common they don't care

PS4 is still up in the air, just because they haven't made a move doesn't mean they won't.

Last edited by Bonestorm,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

They went after geohot due to an actual legal issue. The hacking was just a bonus.
Did they ever go after Dark Alex? He was exploiting the latest fw on PSP while it was still very much alive.
I don't see what kind of case they'd have against Dax....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines