spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3SX - PSX emulator released.

QUOTE said:
An anonymous source has contacted us with some exciting, exclusive news. He has released a PSX emulator for PS3, entitled PS3SX. The emu is a port of PCSX to the PS3. It runs at full speed, full screen, and supports CDDA and XA audio. This pre-release also features 2 player support, saving, and iso formats *.iso *.bin *.mds *.img.

I can't post the link because it came with bios in it. Screen here:

img0157l.png

Credit goes to: djbubba2002 quotes:

QUOTE said:
Mortal Kombat Trilogy works , very good ..

Its only a beginning.
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
Currently the source code has not been released, but it will be once the emu is completely ported using just the PSL1GHT SDK. PS3SX will run on all retail 3.41 units (fat and slim). Currently it is untested on older firmwares and does not work on debug units (PS3 Test units).

Instructions: Install PKG file on PS3. Either use the folders from the rar file, or make "bios" "MC" and "psxrom" folders in the root of a USB drive. Download PSX bios file below, and place it in "bios" folder. Place legally owned PSX backup ISO's in the "psxrom" folder. Run emulator and play!

Please note there is currently a bug with this pre-release. You can only quit the emulator when running a game. If you attempt to exit to XMB at the rom menu, the emulator will freeze.

PS3SX PSX Emulator Pre-Release: http://filebin.ca/krcayt/PS3SX-pre-release.rar
Mirror: http://www.multiupload.com/QV5OLHIR3F

PRE - RELEASE PS3SX 29/11/2010

PS3SX PCSX port on PS3 using PS3 SDK and psl1ght it's a hybrid for the pre-release. No source code will be available only when i completely port the emulator to psl1ght. Before xmas i will update it with a new GUI, save state, and cheat code. This emulator can only work on 3.41 retail not tried yet on older version.

Support in this pre-release version:

* 2 Players
* All iso formats *.iso *.bin *.mds *.img
* psx homebrew *.psx and *.exe
* Save works for player 1 & 2
* Sound support CDDA and XA
* Full screen
* Full Speed

I'm using PCSX-DF core with the ppc dynarec the dyanrec work already on this version of ps3sx with libkammy god bless AerialX for the libkammy and i'm using the cellframework for sound only.

My thanks go to AerialX , drk||Raziel , pcsx Team and pcsx-df team for the original source code , @@@@@ at @@@@@.COM - It's @@@@@ Baby! for the dongle sample PEOPS for this good plugin and Mathieulh. All plugins come from PEOPS

With luv Anonymous

Another awesome emulator, though until save-states and visual improvements are implemented, I really don't see the need for this over the - stock official - PS1 emulator. Though I guess it's pretty damned good for Jailbreak-state machines

Credit goes to: sabin1981

ENJOY!
smile.gif

EDIT: The emulator is clearly in the very early stages. Analogue doesn't even work. It is a beta test, ok ? Credit goes to: djhazardous.. Thank you.
smile.gif

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will be way better than Sony's emulator. First of all, we can't run back ups on Sony's PS1 emulator. That alone is enough to satisfy the need over the official. Second, don't expect all features to be implemented on the pre-release. This project will evolve over time. It will get better. I see no reason to use Sony's emulator. Don't bash others' hard work.

Plus, with this you can run homebrew.
cool.gif

EDIT: It appears that you only copy and pasted, so I guess this isn't meant for you. Post the source next time.
wink.gif

Starzboy77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tested this with Suikoden 2 and it works PERFECTLY! I could not stretch the image to full screen on my 40 inch 1080P LCD screen but the image was very large nonetheless. I'm very happy with this emulator and can't wait for save states to be implemented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol