Hacking PS3 Super SLIM 4XXX with latest Firmware + ODE Cobra?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,991
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about installing a COBRA ODE to my SUPER SLIM PS3. Its on the latest Firmware now...

I have some questions beforehand:

1) i don't want to pirate games - all I want is to make backups to my PS3.. so i wanted to ask if it is possible to RIP actual Blurays/Games to the PS3 (like you could do with multiman). Can it be ripped to internal and external HDD?

2) how actually does it work? I mean i have to implement the chip on the ps 3 via soldering and so on .. thats not the problem... i read about the swap trick and other stuff.... for example my original copy of Beyond Two Souls is supported as "Boot Disc".. does it mean that i can run all games by just using Beyond Two Souls (instead of writing or burning other bluray swap discs? sorry i m quite new to the cobra ode...

3) can it play homebrew?

4) do i need a drive key? i doubt it because you cant get it from a ps3 super slim anyway without modding i guess? I have my ps3 id (both parts)

So hope you can help me out a bit :o) if ripping cant be done this whole thing is useless to me sadly...

Greetings

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1- If you install cobra ode onto your PS3 super slim, if you want to play "backups" you will need a swap disk (read more here: http://www.team-cobra-ode.com/downloads/Anti-ODE_Security_Bypass_Manual_(English)_v1.2.pdf) - but if you intend to rip your legally owned games cobra-ode can help you too: read more here: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...-with-Cobra-Manager-1-6?p=1681470#post1681470

2- Swap disk: it is a way to trick the ps3, to allow you to playbacups. When sony released the 4.55 firmware, it implemented a new check on the blueray drive so if you dont use the swapdisk you will get a message "insert original disk".
On the swap disk, you need to burn some important bytes (not the entire game) of the games (backups) that the ps3 reads. Once the ps3 read that bytes it will think that the original game of the backup you are trying to play is inside the blueray drive, then you put your original boot game again on the ps3, then the ps3 reads another bytes of the original game, then the ps3 boots the backup thinking it is the original game.

3- yeah, there are some homebrews, but it is not compared to a ps3 with custom firmware - here you can head more: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/forums/422-Homebrew-amp-Tools

4- No, you dont need the drive key, it is not used by cobra-ode at all.

Final points: Cobra ode is really useful if you want to play backups, and it gives you the ability of playing online using those backups with a small ban risk.
Once you own a superslim ps3 you just need a bd burner and a swap disk. But for pre superslim owners (Fat, slim and 3k) theyt also need a add-on called DMC to enable the ps3 to use swapdisk. As a Super Slim ps3 owner your ps3 cover, just requires a wire to be solded and you can use swap disk and get all the benefits of an Ode device. It's really up to you to use it or not.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
well thats the answer i like to hear :o) thanks for making it all clear to me now!

Mat Holland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the same PS3...Have a 4000 series. I have 4.80 and I am wanting to get the cobra ODE. Will it work? I don't believe that it will...Its tough finding hard information that it legitmate.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I have the same PS3...Have a 4000 series. I have 4.80 and I am wanting to get the cobra ODE. Will it work? I don't believe that it will...Its tough finding hard information that it legitmate.

Man, my above reply applies to you. If you install cobra ode on your 4k series, it will work but you will have the hassle of using the swap disk trick.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stick with what you can play with using PeXploit. there are plenty of games to have fun with while you wear a peg leg and an eye patch.

the rest of the good ones - gonna have to fork up some dough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X