Ps3 Slim Console 320Gb,just a year old, started making way 2 much noise and the occasional glitch

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by AntiNoob, Jul 15, 2013.

1. AntiNoob
    OP

AntiNoob Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    Belgium
    So can anyone here please tell me what i could do to reduce the noise of the fan or cooling? it's pretty unbearable... And the fact of the matter is, i refuse to purchase another new console when Ps4 gonna be released not to long from now.. I'm no Rockefeller yet ;) So also any tips about system recovery and things like that are most welcome! NEED TO KEEP THIS BABY RUNNING TILL NEXT GEN GETS HERE!

All help is really appreciated!

2. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    This just happened randomly, with no warning? Just one day it started making a lot of noise?

Also, what do you mean by "the occasional glitch"?

3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Is there a lot of dust inside the system? Usually that's the main cause behind PS3's loud noise. I have a phat PS3 so I'm used to the noise (It gets louder when I play TLoU though).

AntiNoob likes this.
  4. AntiNoob
    OP

AntiNoob Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    Belgium

Well about 3 months ago the fan started to progressively get louder, like it's overheated... and by glitch i mean that sometimes it takes a while before it shuts down, and the next time i turn it back on i get the message ‚ÄĚSystem not properly restored and etc., do you wish to report this to sony?"
    So the only thing to do is format it i guess?
    By the way is there any possible way to reduce or adjust the fan speed?