Hacking Ps3 slim 4.85 downgrade

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got Ps3 slim 4.85 rebug cfw cech 2001a.

Im really dont like how system works,on this version. Couldnt install webman,random freezes...
What is the best version i can downgrade to?
Any guides out there to follow?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for asking this question as it can get confusing and really is not. First off congratulations you have amongst the best models of ps3 as the fat version is more prone to die(I grant it survived already all these years). And latest models use hen instead of a cfw which is somewhat minor but its a plus to have cfw.

That being said, your goal is the installation and the use of modman which is a cfw submenu for the ps3. It is fast efficient an cucumberless.

No need to downgrade to do that.

Last edited by Magsor,

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So in any case someone have same issues as me: frequent freezes, black screen after game start, some games wonr run or again only black screen, after quiting the game black screen and console needs restart, system is slow even on ssd which is my case...

I had 4.85 rebug lite and chaged it to 4.85 ferrox alexander a(still researching other versions. Some other might be more stable)miracle happend! Games that didnt worked at all on previous rebug cfw run ok. Much,much less black screen freezes and now i really feel that im on ssd...

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe but on this same console i had an ordinary 1tb hdd and i was getting same amount of freezes and black screens...then if i was getting 7 blackscreens out of 10 game starts on rebug. Now on ferrox its 9 successful lunches out of 10. Go figure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro