PS3 question's before maybe buying...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Boy12, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Hi guy's,
    So, i thought of maybe getting a PS3 (yeah i know, kind of late to the party), but is it worth it?
    I mean like, the PS4 is around now, and maybe when it get's a little more popular than it does now, we will all forget about the PS3, and just move on. I'm mainly buying this because the PS3 has free multiplayer, and i just don't feel like paying every month just to play multplayer. Also, i'm planning on maybe installing CFW on it, but is this still possible on the models that are being sold now (i heard here and there you need 3.55 or something in order to install CFW). Can someone point me out hear, please? Thank's in advance!! Oh and 1 more question: when i will install CFW on the PS3, can i then still play games online? Or will you get a ban just like with the Xbox 360?

2. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    I know nothing of ps3 hacking , but i have just bought my son a ps3 for xmas .. It is to replace an old faulty one and we have all the games to play on it.. However i decided against the ps4 due to cost , price of the games also and the lack of games.. The quality of games isnt anywhere near the justification in price difference for me to jump in yet.

3. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Exactly.
    The lack of games is also holding me back, for both Xbox One and PS4.
    There are just to many games on the 2 system's i just play regulary, if the PS4 or XBox One just had backwards compactibility, i would definitly go for the PS4, but yeah because there isn't, it's pretty hard to choose right now.

4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    To be fair though my eldest son has got the ps4 .. but its being funded by all his savings and xmas too... but hes only gonna have a game or two to play on it... could buy a ps3 and 20 games for the same price ... it depends on how "i must have the new tech" you are i guess.

Boy12 likes this.
  5. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    Really depends on what you are looking for as a gaming experience but the PS4 price point is really attractive. Playstation plus (the thing you have to pay to play online) really isn't a bad deal you get a lot of free games and there's like so many demos you can really try a lot of games. And games prices are not bad too they have good sales now. 500gb.

That being said its really the time now to get a CFW PS3 i see them on local adds for good prices. You can get banned but I haven't. PS3 is awesome, no doubt about that.

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I was in the same situation. Buy PS3 now or PS4 and HOPE that they get some sort of backwards compatibility working on it. Through a stroke of luck, I managed to buy a second hand one from my cousin for cheap last month with several games and all I can say is that it's a console I wish I could've bought earlier instead of the 360.

My advice would, yes, the PS3 is worth it now if you can find it for cheap.