ps3 homebrew question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kingtut, Jun 2, 2017.

1. kingtut
    OP

kingtut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys,

As of now, I have a ps3 slim (not super slim) at 4.70 ofw. Is there a way to switch it to cfw without using e3 flasher? I haven't been here in a while so I was interested to know if something showed up when I wasn't here.

P.S: I am not asking for piracy, I hate piracy. I am only asking because I am interested in running my ps2 games from disc on the ps3 slim using homebrew. I grew up with a ps2 and I have a lot of discs, but my problem is I hate playing on my ps2 because the controllers are not wireless and the screen looks ugly on modern tvs

2. TravayusDrax

TravayusDrax Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2017
    United States
    Only certain Ps3 Slim models can downgrade to 3.55 or below. As far as I know, you need CFW to do a downgrade without a flasher. You can use the Cobra ODE without CFW though. Ps2 games have been made possible through cobra's work to crack the PS2 emulator, but it can only boot ripped ps2 iso's from the internal HDD. Essentially, even with CFW, you can't play those ps2 games directly from the disk (Unless you copy them over to the Internal HDD).

Last edited by TravayusDrax, Jun 3, 2017