R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Yeah basically as the title says. I have been having trouble reading discs on my pS3 recently. I came back from holiday a while ago and it hasn't been the same since. :/ Everything else works fine except for the disc reading. I cannot play MW3 or Skyrim or any of these amazing new game :/ I have been looking all over the internet for quick fixes but I have come to the conclusion that it must be the laser on the PS3 because why else wouldn't the discs work?! Does any body else know a workaround for this?

Sony are going to charge me too much money so I found another place on the web and they can do it for £80 and they also sell ps3ss for £150. should i may as well buy a PS3 or just get the repair instead?

sparks97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you buy a used one then you will get the same problem sooner or later, make sure you get a good warranty on the unit, dont just replace the laser as it could be the disc spin motor or the laser movement motor as well, replace the complete deck and at least you will not get a repeat failure of one of the other bits. the complete assembley can be bought on fleabay for around £50 and you can find how to fit it on your favourite search engine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1